News Forum - Thai student caught smoking cannabis, threatened to punch teacher

Thaiger

3 minutes ago, Transam said:

🤣.... So, everyone acts as you did when puffing...?.......🤣  .....  🤓

No.  Some guys, typically with sustained use over time (years), can become paranoid and that can lead to strange, even aggressive, behavior.  I've seen it, few and far between though, and in the oddest ones, the other factor/substance involved is alcohol.

So no, I maintain that it's not a universal rule that weed = aggressive behavior.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Transam said:

No one is suggesting "universal" at all, that's like saying all drunks start fights................🤭

Some of the predictable comments go that way on auto-pilot, so it's worthwhile to point out the cognitive bias, as well as fallacies spouted by the magical weed smoking goobers at the other end of the spectrum.  

As with most things these days, the truth often resides somewhere in the middle, drown out by the reactionaries shouting their absolutes back and forth at each other.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Me thinks that the Thai government will be seriously  reconsidering their rather impulsive decision on Cannabis.  

In the land of flip flop government decisions, reconsidering their stance on 420 now is a tad to late. They would loose way to much face to do that and be the laughing stock of not only Thailand but the world as well. and that's not putting the political side of things into the equation.

7 hours ago, TWS60 said:

Marijuana doesn't cause aggressive behavior.  This kid is likely a plonker to begin with.  

The article didn't present a correlation between marijuana and what this kid did/said.  What the article does is more insidious.  It suggest a correlation and from there,  readers attach their own bias.   Typically those with the least personal experience have the most to say, with the least amount of value.  

I'm an ex/reformed weed smoker, and while I have no desire to return to it for a few sensible reasons, it is NOT a substance, on its own, that causes aggression.  Quite the opposite. 

100% correct

6 hours ago, Transam said:

No one is suggesting "universal" at all, that's like saying all drunks start fights................🤭

Hahahaha, most of them do   😉

It the nature of the beast

22 hours ago, Boomer said:

BS  

Nice reasoned argument  from you as how drug use can be financed by locals in Thailand.  Are you suggesting it's only for the wealthy foreign tourists to partake in Khao San Road. 

Edited by gazmo16
added content

23 hours ago, Cabra said:

It's only foreigners (and those living in near isolation) that don't realize that ganja is and has always been prevalent in Thailand. It's literally everywhere in the Northeast (cheap and easy to find -- if you are a Thai). Thais opposed to liberalization of ganja laws are worried about one thing... Unleasing it onto children because they know that children don't listen or obey their parents. So expect to see more of these media selective narratives to support that opposition. 

Sitting here  in Sakon Nakhon I wonder where you get your knowledge of ganja sales in Isaan. If you know anything you would know yaba is the drug of choice not weed  ( and yes I asked my friends and extended thai family )

40 minutes ago, gazmo16 said:

Sitting here  in Sakon Nakhon I wonder where you get your knowledge of ganja sales in Isaan. If you know anything you would know yaba is the drug of choice not weed  ( and yes I asked my friends and extended thai family )

Did I say Yaba wasn't prevalent and a available? On course it is. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

Nice reasoned argument  from you as how drug use can be financed by locals in Thailand.  Are you suggesting it's only for the wealthy foreign tourists to partake in Khao San Road. 

That's some awesome mind power you've got there sunshine. Out of just two letters (BS) you managed to ascertain I had a.....

"nice reasoned argument"

I suggested that "drug use can be financed by locals in Thailand"

And "It's only for wealthy foreign tourists to partake"   

Amazing, you managed to ascertain all that out of just TWO letters (BS). You are truly a gifted person by golly.

Your whole reply above is nothing but (BS) assumptions on your part which is why my original quote to your post was BS. 

With an imagination like you have, you should start writing kiddie story's.      😏

9 hours ago, Boomer said:

That's some awesome mind power you've got there sunshine. Out of just two letters (BS) you managed to ascertain I had a.....

"nice reasoned argument"

I suggested that "drug use can be financed by locals in Thailand"

And "It's only for wealthy foreign tourists to partake"   

Amazing, you managed to ascertain all that out of just TWO letters (BS). You are truly a gifted person by golly.

Your whole reply above is nothing but (BS) assumptions on your part which is why my original quote to your post was BS. 

With an imagination like you have, you should start writing kiddie story's.      😏

yawn