News Forum - Thai student caught smoking cannabis, threatened to punch teacher

Thaiger

A Thai high school student has locked himself in a classroom during lunch break to smoke cannabis with other class mates, which was hidden in a water bottle. The teacher tried to stop the students from smoking the weed, but one of the students threatened to “punch the teacher”. A Ramathibodi Hospital paediatrician shared the story on her Facebook page. The event was discussed during a chat between a teacher who saw it happen and a child psychiatrist. The teachers witnessed kids packing the marijuana into a bottle they took to school in the morning, and then locked themselves in […]

The story Thai student caught smoking cannabis, threatened to punch teacher as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Funny how the article doesn't mention where this occurred...it's just another scene in the "Reefer Madness" BS propaganda. Give us all the facts before you even report this garbage. Shameful

• Angry 2

Why are Thaiger and BKK post constantly writing these “Reefer Madness” headlines?

At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised to see an article titled “Man who smoked cannabis hit by a car 3 days later”

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

Once again the pro pot heads try to nullify this situation with stupid statements. 

She said that students’ parents have been asked to come to school to speak about the incident. To the teacher’s surprise, the parents were selling the marijuana and they supported their children using it.

Therein lies the problem. The parents are part of the problem. It doesn’t matter that their kids are frying their brains on school grounds but they threaten the teacher as well. Best course is expel the kids and then they might get the stoner parents attention. Somehow I doubt it but expel them anyway. 

Making a mountain out of a molehill. Why aren't parents and students speaking out about mandatory mask wearing at schools?

• Haha 1

This mess is what happens when you bring in a half baked idea to win votes but before you do the ground work needed to implement its introduction.  

No clear direction and now too late to put the genie back in the bottle . 

6 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

This mess is what happens when you bring in a half baked idea to win votes but before you do the ground work needed to implement its introduction.  

No clear direction and now too late to put the genie back in the bottle . 

You do realize that cannabis doesn't make people aggressive rrright?  So maybe you should wait till the full story comes out where we find out there was more to it.  Like that guy who died of a heart attack they tried to blamed on cannabis.  Later on we found out he was in his 50's and had a pre-existing heart condition. 

Also, I think you are on the wrong forum.  All the serial Thailand complainers hang out on that other one.

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, dj230 said:

They say cannabis isn't addicting, but the kids couldn't wait until after school to get their fix...

It's not.  In fact, since legalization in Canada/US, pot use is down among teenagers.  The reason is probably because it's no longer considered cool or a form of rebellion against your parents.

Edited by samiam123

this is the classic example of addition trend due to freedom to narcotics.

this shows the trend line of how the thailand society is going to grow, especially youngsters.

I hope the government authorities are watching and they would take action to limit the spread of the menace.

• Angry 1

4 hours ago, samiam123 said:

You do realize that cannabis doesn't make people aggressive rrright?  So maybe you should wait till the full story comes out where we find out there was more to it.  Like that guy who died of a heart attack they tried to blamed on cannabis.  Later on we found out he was in his 50's and had a pre-existing heart condition. 

Also, I think you are on the wrong forum.  All the serial Thailand complainers hang out on that other one.

Having worked with drug addicts I know most started as cannabis users before progressing on . In a country where the average wage is around 330 baht a day and 3 grams costing around 1500baht you do the maths as to how locals will afford it.  Dope heads and junkies loose their morals to buy their gear .

• Angry 1

5 hours ago, samiam123 said:

I'm guessing two things from your post

firstly you are in favour of using this other such drugs

second you want to come here ,use it and go home without seeing it on your own door step back home. 

I live in Thailand and saw what drugs do first hand while in a poorer London Borough for 30 years. I don't want Thailand sliding in to the sewer so dope head farangs can come here to play. 

• Angry 1

It's only foreigners (and those living in near isolation) that don't realize that ganja is and has always been prevalent in Thailand. It's literally everywhere in the Northeast (cheap and easy to find -- if you are a Thai). Thais opposed to liberalization of ganja laws are worried about one thing... Unleasing it onto children because they know that children don't listen or obey their parents. So expect to see more of these media selective narratives to support that opposition. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gazmo16 said:

Having worked with drug addicts I know most started as cannabis users before progressing on . In a country where the average wage is around 330 baht a day and 3 grams costing around 1500baht you do the maths as to how locals will afford it.  Dope heads and junkies loose their morals to buy their gear .

BS  

• Like 2

Ah, so the classroom punk leading this group of ding dongs, isn't so bright.  Shock horror. 

Sounds like dumb dumb was busted, dead to rights, and scared of the repercussions.  Fight or Flight.  He acted the tough rebel in front of the ding dongs he'd convinced to go along with his stupid idea, and tried to intimidate the teacher from escalating the matter.  That could have worked but frankly, and never mind marijuana, it demonstrates this kid has a serious brain/thinking problem to begin with, already on display with the utterly stupid idea of smoking weed IN the classroom.  Instead of the usual outdoor venue, like virtually all students around the world at lunch time.  

This kid has an attitude problem and marijuana is a convenient coincidence for the media, which appears to have latched on to it as the flavor of the month to manufacture a crisis.  Like after a shark hits a swimmer/wader at a beach.  

I reckon this kid is a Grade A Muppet Buffalo student to begin with.  I can imagine the end result if he'd convinced his mates to get drunk on alcohol/spirits in the classroom at lunch, conjuring Dr. Jekyll's Mr. Hyde character to come out and play.  👹

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, samiam123 said:

It's not.  In fact, since legalization in Canada/US, pot use is down among teenagers.  The reason is probably because it's no longer considered cool or a form of rebellion against your parents.

This is a fallacy which is derived from it not acting directly on dopamine/serotonin receptors like other medications, however this doesn't mean it's not addicting. 

Me thinks that the Thai government will be seriously  reconsidering their rather impulsive decision on Cannabis.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

Having worked with drug addicts I know most started as cannabis users before progressing on

If this where true then you would know that addicition is not about the substance, it's a mental health problem. Drawing these correlations and assigning cassation is just talking out the back of your head. 

• Thanks 1

Marijuana doesn't cause aggressive behavior.  This kid is likely a plonker to begin with.  

The article didn't present a correlation between marijuana and what this kid did/said.  What the article does is more insidious.  It suggest a correlation and from there,  readers attach their own bias.   Typically those with the least personal experience have the most to say, with the least amount of value.  

I'm an ex/reformed weed smoker, and while I have no desire to return to it for a few sensible reasons, it is NOT a substance, on its own, that causes aggression.  Quite the opposite. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why don't we talk about the kids making terrible things because of Alcohol? How manu died on the road or killed someone under the influence. I lost my dad because of that drug... yes alcohol is a drug, an addiction, call it like you want. I'm pissed to see cannabis used to make headlines. I consumed both drugs when I was young and I can tell you I never made a problem after smoking but drunk I could do very stupid things.

Like a member said it's about education the kid needs a lesson. Smoking weed probably didn't help but so as taking any other drugs when you're a silly boy.

• Like 1