News Forum - Student’s body ripped in half in freak motorbike accident in central Thailand

Thaiger

A 20 year old engineering student died in a motorbike accident at around 8am this morning in Pathum Thani province, central Thailand. Police found the man’s body completely ripped into two pieces after he crashed into a power pole. Witnesses said they saw the man waiting at a red light on the Rangsit – Nakhon Nayok road outside Nattawan village. When the lights changed to green, he accelerated and lost control of his motorbike, crashing into a power pole at a high speed. Police from Thanyaburi Police Station and rescue workers were called to the scene at around 8am this […]

The story Student’s body ripped in half in freak motorbike accident in central Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

20 years old. That's the  hard part of the story for me. When I see the ages on these needless deaths it just gets to me.

400 cc  I used to have a 650cc

the bigger the engine the more damage as we see again and again in LOS

aka the pocket rocket and thai boys

3 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

400 cc  I used to have a 650cc

the bigger the engine the more damage as we see again and again in LOS

aka the pocket rocket and thai boys

400cc did the trick just fine for this kid. I have ridden most but at least i am my own trained monkey to know better. But I am sorry for th kids loved ones. good thing is opne caskets show the top portion, that is unless his face did a road slide too.

• Like 1

article quote: Police from Thanyaburi Police Station and rescue workers were called to the scene at around 8am this morning where they found the body of 20 year old Wuttichai Peng Songsee – in two parts – 200 metres away from his green Kawasaki Ninja 400cc motorbike.

Could have even been a 250cc and would have had the same uh oh.... Point is this kid and many like him just do not know how to ride fast and intelligent. Have to think of how a light or power pole with big base was able to cut right through him like butter . I road fast as a kid amd even fast here doing about 16o - 170 km on a bike going up to San sai yearsand years ago. my biggest fright was a vehicle or bufalo comin out from the left handside. If a dog I would have just mowed over it with the good luck of god.

10 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Every day more  Darwin award aspirants

I've been to Darwin, but never got any award as of yet. Was about over 30 + years ago coming from Cairns and still a place you had to watch your back and steps in, and that was in the as it seemed the only local watering hole. Took a bit for my best old all time High School American buddy to get accepted. but fi nally I cracked the ice wall Ausie outback Darwin shun code. But true, even if out an about at night going anywhere, even near the water like pond inlet didn't let your guard down. And how I learned quick was just by accident near the waters edge, I remember seeing two luminated beedy eyes just scooping above the water line. Never forgot it and I backed away fast. But that is also over 30+ years ago and nothing was tamed as was still rather small there. VB was the beer I fell in love with at that time and can still remember hos gosh darn delicious and strong it ws. Ahhhh, thsoewere the days. The croc farm had at that time the world renown famous biggest darn massive croc I have ever seen and ever will see in mylife. Had the crocodile jump sky high to eat the chook show too. 

Rip, 400 CC bikes are commonly used by youngsters, especially the model in picture, this bike has a good sprint capacity.

However if the back tires are worn out, this bike goes into toss.

if body could be torn into half he should have been atleast 100kmph.

really sad an engineer is lost.

@kalyanThe bike model in the picture is wrong so stop pretending you know about bikes. The one shown on the photo is z1000. Obviously bigger engine than the one described. If he drove a 1000 towards a pole i doubt youll recognize the bike.

Edited by radeekalist

1 hour ago, radeekalist said:

@kalyanThe bike model in the picture is wrong so stop pretending you know about bikes. The one shown on the photo is z1000. Obviously bigger engine than the one described. If he drove a 1000 towards a pole i doubt youll recognize the bike.

No eccentric axle in a 400, right you are

Question rises, is the 400cc wrong or the bike picture?

But I doubt, he drove the bike against the pole, anyway.

found the body of 20 year old Wuttichai Peng Songsee – in two parts – 200 metres away from his green Kawasaki

I mean, in case the "200m" are in reality at least half that distance, between the boy and the bike, it is most unlikely, that the bike did hit the pole.

Did he get cut in pieces from a cable, hanging down from said pole, perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And Pathum Thani, wasn't there the freaky "porsch windscreen cut lao girl in half" accident, about a decade ago?

Where the Porsch "was stolen" (of course it was), the owner said?

2 hours ago, radeekalist said:

*And speaking about "pretending" you know about bikes!!

You contradict yourself... 

You say the bike in photo is z1000. Then you say...

"If he drove a 1000 towards a pole i doubt youll recognize the bike".

He did drive towards (and hit, so the story goes) a pole, yet bike is still in (very) 'recognizable' condition, so your 'assumption' it is a z1000 is questionable at best.

I think any size bike that hits a pole at speed is going to be pretty well banged up.

6 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Did he get cut in pieces from a cable, hanging down from said pole, perhaps?

Bingo. A pole would have splattered him but left his corpse largely intact. A supporting cable from pole to ground would have cut him in 2. Had a similar accident in Pattaya years. The newspaper photo of the rescue worker posing with the victim’s upper torso was something else.

There are a lot of variables here, mass, velocity, force... The lesson is speed kills, and great speeds kill gruesomely. RIP. 

19 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

article quote: Police from Thanyaburi Police Station and rescue workers were called to the scene at around 8am this morning where they found the body of 20 year old Wuttichai Peng Songsee – in two parts – 200 metres away from his green Kawasaki Ninja 400cc motorbike.

Could have even been a 250cc and would have had the same uh oh.... Point is this kid and many like him just do not know how to ride fast and intelligent. Have to think of how a light or power pole with big base was able to cut right through him like butter . I road fast as a kid amd even fast here doing about 16o - 170 km on a bike going up to San sai yearsand years ago. my biggest fright was a vehicle or bufalo comin out from the left handside. If a dog I would have just mowed over it with the good luck of god.

just as im riding my bicycle around city the boys FLY by me after getting out of school(tech school)

fast n furious thai style    dont bet on the amulet to save you on this one...

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

Bingo. A pole would have splattered him but left his corpse largely intact. A supporting cable from pole to ground would have cut him in 2. Had a similar accident in Pattaya years. The newspaper photo of the rescue worker posing with the victim’s upper torso was something else.

Up there with a police man putting bits of skull and scooping up the brain into a supermarket plastic bag.Two Brit lads disintegrated near the big C some years ago.Superbike,shorts and flip-flops?

A man has got to know his limitations..

<video deleted>

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines re allowable video content

No sympathy at all for the guy. Or better, for his two halves. Suppose he ran over a child and came out without a scratch himself, but left the child dead? That wont happen now.

I do feel sorry for his relatives though.