News Forum - Unvaccinated tourist turned away at check-in desk en route to Thailand

Thaiger

An unvaccinated tourist en route to Thailand was turned away at the check-in desk at Manchester Airport in England on Saturday after an airline didn’t get the memo about Thailand’s updated entry restrictions. If you are unvaccinated and plan to travel to Thailand, The Thaiger has advice about how to avoid this happening to you. Thailand Pass was scrapped on July 1, supposedly making post-pandemic travel to Thailand “easier than ever.” Well… Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Administration – the CCSA – and the Tourism Authority of Thailand – the TAT – reports that unvaccinated tourists can either show proof of […]

The story Unvaccinated tourist turned away at check-in desk en route to Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Yesterday, flight from Zurich to Bangkok, they asked for the vaccination certificate and the insurance. 
both me and the checkin employee agreed it was wrong… but this is what the system was saying. 
Landing this morning, there was a check of the document at the gate on arrival, but not for everyone in the plane. This part at least sounds as announced. 
Please also note that TM 6 is effectively not required anymore. 

Edited by Dirindal
  • Like 1

Well...Thailand eased the restrictions. It is not universal. Every country and every airline have their own guidelines. Travelers have to make sure they adhere to all those guidelines and requirements. It is fault of the traveler for taking things for granted.

• Like 6
  • Cool 1

Well he just needed to work around it as things do happen. He was denied that flight but not another if he tested.

• Like 2

Nothing to do with Thailand. Airline Requirement. As made clear by UK Govt. Notice😞

Couldn’t care less anyway about the anti- social idiot < edited> unvaxxed who overloaded hospitals & ICUs denying critical treatment to non- Covid cases, including g innocent kids. 😡

Edited by Faz
unnecessary comment removed.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Another good reason not to get to optimistic about return of tourists. apart from that to arrive and find the whole country masked up, additionally the temperature machines are still in full swing, whereas they were supposed to be done away with.

Little difference between covid period and the pre covid  mandates.

No more land of smiles, only masks

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Richard1944 said:

Another good reason not to get to optimistic about return of tourists. apart from that to arrive and find the whole country masked up, additionally the temperature machines are still in full swing, whereas they were supposed to be done away with.

Wow, this guy bullsh!ts on forums more than I do 5555

• Haha 4

either way if unvaccinated, you have to take a test, why not get it done before flying for self assurance and  and is cheaper. all airlines should make it mandatory to be tested before boarding to protect all passengers

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Richard1944 said:

Wondering where all those temperature machines you say are still in full swing?  Myself and my wife have been out & about and the machines are either gone or turned off the past couple of days. Many people outside do not wear masks outside since no longer mandatory, but there are many older and maybe more scared Thais that still wear them everywhere.  I do smile to myself when seeing those driving their car and they are the only one in the car all masked up, but they are not hurting anybody.  Many indoor places like malls & grocery stores, etc. masks are still required unless you are eating, but it is a minor inconvenience.  Even when mandatory masks indoors are lifted, many Thais will probably continue to wear them, especially in the big cities.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Richard1944 said:

The temp checking machines all need to go. Why are any of them still here?

Masks going slowly but surely, day by day compliance dropping.

11 minutes ago, harry1 said:

either way if unvaccinated, you have to take a test, why not get it done before flying for self assurance and  and is cheaper. all airlines should make it mandatory to be tested before boarding to protect all passengers

Agreed, best to do it before and get it over with and less hassle on any trip.  That way if one happens to be positive prior to boarding you can make changes to your trip until they have a negative test later.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dancbmac said:

Wondering where all those temperature machines you say are still in full swing?  Myself and my wife have been out & about and the machines are either gone or turned off the past couple of days. Many people outside do not wear masks outside since no longer mandatory, but there are many older and maybe more scared Thais that still wear them everywhere.  I do smile to myself when seeing those driving their car and they are the only one in the car all masked up, but they are not hurting anybody.  Many indoor places like malls & grocery stores, etc. masks are still required unless you are eating, but it is a minor inconvenience.  Even when mandatory masks indoors are lifted, many Thais will probably continue to wear them, especially in the big cities.

They're actually not required by any enforceable law or health regulation in any setting, including malls and shops.

That's an individual store policy that they're unlikely to take the trouble to try and enforce.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rc1 said:

They're actually not required by any enforceable law or health regulation in any setting, including malls and shops.

That's an individual store policy that they're unlikely to take the trouble to try and enforce.

That’s right no longer required, which is why I was asked Richard1944 where were they in full swing.  I haven’t seen any since the beginning of the month.  

• Cool 1

4 hours ago, Richard1944 said:

I fail to see the problem with temperature checks, it's non invasive, not even tactile. For a more accurate body temperature it would be using rectal thermometers or even more accurate is liver temperature. With the latter 2 you may have reason to complain. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dirindal said:

Please also note that TM 6 is effectively not required anymore

What does this mean? Either it is or it isn't. Are you saying it's somehow optional. Not sure how you do TM30 or TM47 without the TM6 number

6 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Well...Thailand eased the restrictions. It is not universal. Every country and every airline have their own guidelines. Travelers have to make sure they adhere to all those guidelines and requirements. It is fault of the traveler for taking things for granted.

Yes. If you are transiting other airports or change planes you need to pay attention.

6 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Nothing to do with Thailand. Airline Requirement. As made clear by UK Govt. Notice

Just for my personal edification, what requirement did this gentleman fail to consider before attempting to board in Manchester? 

It's July 4 and Qatar Airways' website still notes the requirement for Thai Pass, with 10k insurance.  I fly July 6; I guess it's good I can provide my defunct Thai Pass approval/QR code obtained earlier for this trip.  Others beware.

20 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Just for my personal edification, what requirement did this gentleman fail to consider before attempting to board in Manchester? 

Read the article & OP, as I did. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Read the article & OP, as I did. 

Sorry. I thought there was a requirement beyond what Thailand requires... The UK govt website just had their facts wrong 

22 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Sorry. I thought there was a requirement beyond what Thailand requires... The UK govt website just had their facts wrong 

There Is. Airline Regs. UK Govt. correctly said check what Countries AND Airlines Require. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Couldn’t care less anyway about the anti- social idiot unwashed ( sorry, unvaxxed) who overloaded hospitals & ICUs denying critical treatment to non- Covid cases, including g innocent kids. 😡

There's absolutely no truth to your statement and it's bigoted and uninformed.

Sad to see these kinds of comments on this site.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Saunk said:

There's absolutely no truth to your statement and it's bigoted and uninformed.

Sad to see these kinds of comments on this site.

It’s plain truth that around 97% hospital Covid deaths across most major western countries were unvaxxed. 😩😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Richard1944 said:

You should look at the data and trends before you let loose with the biasedverbal diarrhea.  Tourists are indeed  flocking back and the next 3 months will prove that.  BKK is busy now. There were 1.6 million international arrivals in 2021.  Prior to the change in screening requirements, Thailand  had 1.2 million international arrivals for the first 5 months. The tourist season in Thailand is going to be a bumper event with no vacancy situations for peak December.

• Like 1