TM6 (arrival/departure cards) - Scrapped?

3 hours ago, Faz said:

TM30 is no longer required if you leave and renter, provided you're returning to your registered address.

@Chaimai maybe wasn't aware a 90-day report is only necessary when having permission of stay for more than 90 consecutive days, but exit before a 90-day report period, the count is automatically reset to day 1 on reentry.

See above Faz.

On the online system the clock was not reset (as I expected)......also true for my fellow passenger who's report date was a little after mine.

10 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Because my 90 day report date was 2nd July.

(Previous date 4 April).

It did not change as a result of me passing through Immigration at DM.

Really? The 90 days resets when you make a new entry into the country. Your 90 day report wouldn’t be due until October if you enter in July. I just read your follow on post. I wonder if the online system hadn’t been updated by the time that you checked online. Actually the immigration app doesn’t notify you when your next report is due does it so where did you check the status?

14 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Maybe the key point to note after an overseas trip is that the first 90 day report has to be done manually before you can report through the immigration app.?

I think that's only true if you're overseas when a 90-day report is due.
If you're abroad in-between a 90-day report, my bet is you can still report online on the original due date.

I haven't put that to the test as yet, maybe next year. 😉

21 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

See above Faz.

On the online system the clock was not reset (as I expected)......also true for my fellow passenger who's report date was a little after mine.

What data did you put on the TM47 form? Date of arrival and TM6 number? Did you put your latest date of arrival and leave TM6 blank?

19 minutes ago, Faz said:

I think that's only true if you're overseas when a 90-day report is due.
If you're abroad in-between a 90-day report, my bet is you can still report online on the original due date.

I haven't put that to the test as yet, maybe next year. 😉

I will find out at Xmas when I head back to UK. Anyway I have just checked the terms and conditions in the app and I think it means that as long as you have reported at that address anytime previously you should be able to use the app to report. See below.

54315FE4-BC7A-4E28-8090-5606864FD8D6.jpeg

8 hours ago, Stevejm said:

Really? The 90 days resets when you make a new entry into the country. Your 90 day report wouldn’t be due until October if you enter in July. I just read your follow on post. I wonder if the online system hadn’t been updated by the time that you checked online. Actually the immigration app doesn’t notify you when your next report is due does it so where did you check the status?

The system does send a reminder.

I arrived back in the UK on 13th June.

[TM47] Notification for alien before the next appointment.

RB - Visa extension and Immigration

noreply@eservices.immigration.go.th

Fri, 17 Jun, 01:02

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

Dear  xx

Your receipt for notification of "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" will be due on 02/07/2022.

For information:

Full Name : xxx

Passport No : xxxx

Nationality : GBR:BRITISH

Reference No: TM47-20-20220403193557558

Please apply TM47 request online or contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area before due date.

8 hours ago, Stevejm said:

What data did you put on the TM47 form? Date of arrival and TM6 number? Did you put your latest date of arrival and leave TM6 blank?

TM6 number NOT required

Date of arrival 13th June

I have just checked on https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/home  and my approval date is showing as 19th June. My next report date is 16 September.

I go to Siem Reap later this month - I now no longer expect my report date to change. I will advice if I see anything different.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

TM6 number NOT required

I have just checked on https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/home  and my approval date is showing as 19th June. My next report date is 16 September.

I go to Siem Reap later this month - I now no longer expect my report date to change. I will advice if I see anything different.

I can't edit the above so repost here:-

TM6 number NOT required

I returned from Cambodia on 22nd July, I would have expected my report date to reset to 20th October. Not so......

I go to Siem Reap later this month - I now no longer expect my report date to change when I come back through Immigration on 25th August.

I will advise if I see anything different.

46 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

The system does send a reminder.

I arrived back in the UK on 13th June.

[TM47] Notification for alien before the next appointment.

RB - Visa extension and Immigration

noreply@eservices.immigration.go.th

Fri, 17 Jun, 01:02

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

Dear  xx

Your receipt for notification of "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" will be due on 02/07/2022.

For information:

Full Name : xxx

Passport No : xxxx

Nationality : GBR:BRITISH

Reference No: TM47-20-20220403193557558

Please apply TM47 request online or contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area before due date.

Interesting. In theory your 90 days should have started counting again from your return on 13th June but obviously not in your case

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

Interesting. In theory your 90 days should have started counting again from your return on 13th June but obviously not in your case

Indeed.

I now believe that if you are on the online reporting system the clock will no longer reset when you come through Immigration.

As further evidence 3 of us came back in from Cambodia on 22nd July; 2 of us had a history of online reporting, one didn't (although he had just registered). For the 2 of us our reporting dates remain unchanged. For the other guy, he had an online submission rejected on 25th July  BUT the email also said:-

Report 90 days start from 22/07/2022 Report againt on 18/10/2022

44 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Indeed.

I now believe that if you are on the online reporting system the clock will no longer reset when you come through Immigration.

As further evidence 3 of us came back in from Cambodia on 22nd July; 2 of us had a history of online reporting, one didn't (although he had just registered). For the 2 of us our reporting dates remain unchanged. For the other guy, he had an online submission rejected on 25th July  BUT the email also said:-

Report 90 days start from 22/07/2022 Report againt on 18/10/2022

The plot thickens. Out of interest did you do your report online when you got back from Cambodia? What is your next 90 day report due date? Did you put 22nd July as your arrival date on the TM47 form?

14 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Perhaps the exit/entry system at the points of entry don't update the new 90-day online reporting system.

It would be interesting to determine if it were possible to actually submit an online 90-day report within the window if you were actually out of the Country at the time.

The other anomaly is if you were out of the Country and manually reset your 90-day count from the date of reentry (I used to cross through the due date on the TM47 receipt and insert the new due date as a reminder), would resetting the count yourself now be out of sync with the Immigration system, and you'd need to visit your IO to submit the first 90 day after exit/reentry to again re-sync the due dates ?

11 minutes ago, Faz said:

Perhaps the exit/entry system at the points of entry don't update the new 90-day online reporting system.

It would be interesting to determine if it were possible to actually submit an online 90-day report within the window if you were actually out of the Country at the time.

The other anomaly is if you were out of the Country and manually reset your 90-day count from the date of reentry (I used to cross through the due date on the TM47 receipt and insert the new due date as a reminder), would resetting the count yourself now be out of sync with the Immigration system, and you'd need to visit your IO to submit the first 90 day after exit/reentry to again re-sync the due dates ?

It is now my belief that the online system 'bosses' everything.

I also believe that you will get a reminder whether you are in country or not - that makes some sense if you are out on a re-entry permit.

As an aside, are all Immigration offices on the online system?

35 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

As an aside, are all Immigration offices on the online system?

It's a universal system, but whether all offices take notice and approve online reports is another matter. I believe approval is now automatic if the information matches.
You're supposed to be able to submit in person, online or by post, but it's reported some offices refuse postal applications. TIT.

I've been unable to log in since submitting my first 90-day online on the new system.
I get the message my password is incorrect even though I used it successfully the first time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Faz said:

It's a universal system, but whether all offices take notice and approve online reports is another matter. I believe approval is now automatic if the information matches.
You're supposed to be able to submit in person, online or by post, but it's reported some offices refuse postal applications. TIT.

I've been unable to log in since submitting my first 90-day online on the new system.
I get the message my password is incorrect even though I used it successfully the first time.

Suggest you use the 'forgot password' option👍

Just now, Chaimai said:

Suggest you use the 'forgot password' option👍

Unfortunately, my annual extension intervened and my next report not due until Oct.
I can try the forgot password option then.

The point being I still have the email Immigration sent notifying me of my password, and it worked the first time, but not the second time, even copying and pasting it from the email.

13 minutes ago, Faz said:

Unfortunately, my annual extension intervened and my next report not due until Oct.
I can try the forgot password option then.

The point being I still have the email Immigration sent notifying me of my password, and it worked the first time, but not the second time, even copying and pasting it from the email.

just request a new password.  There is an icon on the website allowing you to do that. 

19 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

just request a new password.  There is an icon on the website allowing you to do that. 

Yep, I was also within the window to submit my annual extension, so submitted that, which negated sorting out the 90-day password issue. I now have that extension based on Thai spouse and next report not due until October.

28 minutes ago, Faz said:

Yep, I was also within the window to submit my annual extension, so submitted that, which negated sorting out the 90-day password issue. I now have that extension based on Thai spouse and next report not due until October.

I believe that you can click on 'forgot password' at any time.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

APPLY FOR NOTIFICATION OF STAYING IN THE KINGDOM

mail_outline

lock_open

visibility_off

Retype the CAPTCHA code from the image
Change the CAPTCHA code

admin_panel_settings

refresh

L O G I N

Don't have an account? Apply
Forgot Password?
User’s Guide

• Like 1

Thread is about scrapped TM6 but seems to be about 90 days report... :-)

Re TM6, I flew in from Europe last week and did not have to do one. 

Re 90 days report, a question. If I always exit the country before 90 days, it appears that I never have to do the report. Correct? I'm on a Non O retirement permit to stay (with appropriate re-entry permit whenever I leave the country)

7 hours ago, M.O. said:

Re 90 days report, a question. If I always exit the country before 90 days, it appears that I never have to do the report. Correct? I'm on a Non O retirement permit to stay (with appropriate re-entry permit whenever I leave the country)

I believe that is correct. If you never get to 90 days in country after entering you never need to do the report.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, M.O. said:

If you want some reassurance the below extract is from the terms and conditions in the immigration application.

F4EBAF6F-6939-479E-BD75-45594AE0EF44.jpeg

• Like 1

Slightly interesting is that the new online system (which is brilliant) is not linked to the Immigration entry system.

I returned last month but my next reporting date has not changed on the system.

I have 2 choices - either ignore the the next 90 day reminder and rely on the fact that I can calculate 90 days from my date of entry. I have no idea how the online system will deal with the fact that IT thinks I am late in reporting. Or, I can just respond to the reminder when it comes through and report earlier than I am 'legally' required to do.

I quite like the second option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevejm said:

If you want some reassurance the below extract is from the terms and conditions in the immigration application.

F4EBAF6F-6939-479E-BD75-45594AE0EF44.jpeg

Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Slightly interesting is that the new online system (which is brilliant) is not linked to the Immigration entry system.

I returned last month but my next reporting date has not changed on the system.

I have 2 choices - either ignore the the next 90 day reminder and rely on the fact that I can calculate 90 days from my date of entry. I have no idea how the online system will deal with the fact that IT thinks I am late in reporting. Or, I can just respond to the reminder when it comes through and report earlier than I am 'legally' required to do.

I quite like the second option.

You could give it a try. In theory it should flag an error when you enter your latest arrival date which will be less than 90 days before your report date. If it goes through you will be covered anyway.

• Like 1