TM6 (arrival/departure cards) - Scrapped?

Following the June announcement I am expecting the TM6 cards to have been "temporarily scrapped".

Does anyone have personal experience of arriving since, say, 1st July?

45 minutes ago, Faz said:

As I understand, it's just being replaced with a similar form.

I thought not.

They say they can pick up all the necessary details from biometrics (which, of course, they can)

25 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

They say they can pick up all the necessary details from biometrics (which, of course, they can)

Like your intended place of stay?

2 hours ago, Faz said:

Ha Ha - that means nothing as far as tourists are concerned, and for long-stayers Immigration have our address (verified) from our TM7.

From another forum:-

Searat7

Advanced Member

1315 posts

Posted 2 hours ago

Came in Monday morning on SWISS and they handed them out but the Immigration Officer said no longer needed and did not look at it.

• Like 1

That means the TM27 is defunct as well.

I'll wait for the first reports from visiting Immigration for an extension of some kind, and they request a copy of your TM6. You know what the communication channels are like - non-existent.🥺

They did state 'temporary'!

4 hours ago, Faz said:

The hotel or GH that I stay in is supposed to register their guests no ?

32 minutes ago, yselmike said:

The hotel or GH that I stay in is supposed to register their guests no ?

Yes, but not everyone stays in a hotel or guest house.

• 3 weeks later...

I just went to Philippines for a week. On my way back:

- no need for Thai Pass or anything (although I was asked from the check-in officer at the Manila airport)

- no need to fill any TM6 form

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 10:46 AM, Chaimai said:

Following the June announcement I am expecting the TM6 cards to have been "temporarily scrapped".

Does anyone have personal experience of arriving since, say, 1st July?

I haven’t personally but I got an email from Thailand Elite confirming that TM6 has been scrapped effective 1st July. They also advised that when processing TM30 via the app or otherwise the TM6 box should be left blank. Hope this helps 

I returned to Bangkok last week from the US via Doha. No TM6 given or requested. Arrival was the same as it was before Covid (minus the TM6). I got off the plane and went straight to an immigration counter. The immigration officer's computer seemed to have a lot of information since he casually mentioned where I lived in Phuket. 

I wonder how this will play with online 90 day reporting,  where the system asks for a TM6 number. On the old system the application would be rejected if a number was not recorded, knowing the Thais proclivity for producing digital systems that don't work, this may be a glitch.  Has anyone on here tried? 

36 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I wonder how this will play with online 90 day reporting,  where the system asks for a TM6 number. On the old system the application would be rejected if a number was not recorded, knowing the Thais proclivity for producing digital systems that don't work, this may be a glitch.  Has anyone on here tried? 

The system no longer asks for TM6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

I haven’t personally but I got an email from Thailand Elite confirming that TM6 has been scrapped effective 1st July. They also advised that when processing TM30 via the app or otherwise the TM6 box should be left blank. Hope this helps 

Thanks.

I came back from Phnom Penh to Don Muang on 19th July - no TM6s, none being handed out by Air Asia either.

90 day report done a few days later.....TM6 not required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Thanks.

I came back from Phnom Penh to Don Muang on 19th July - no TM6s, none being handed out by Air Asia either.

90 day report done a few days later.....TM6 not required.

How were you able to do 90 day report a few days after arrival? Or did you mean TM30?

6 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Just leave the TM6 box empty according to TE advice

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

The immigration officer's computer seemed to have a lot of information since he casually mentioned where I lived in Phuket. 

That doesn’t surprise me as when I do my 90 day report using the app my address is filled in automatically.

On 7/4/2022 at 4:59 PM, Faz said:

Yes, but not everyone stays in a hotel or guest house.

So if I stay in my GFs home, she is obliged to let Immigration know.

5 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

if its not your registered address, on your TM30,  and you are not actually living there at your g/fs,  then I wouldn't bother. I don't think that Immigration will be bothered either. 

35 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

31 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

if its not your registered address, on your TM30,  and you are not actually living there at your g/fs,  then I wouldn't bother. I don't think that Immigration will be bothered either. 

As per Pinetrees reply, although if you permanently stay in a private residential property, as opposed to a hotel or guest house, then it's also as much your responsibility to file the TM30 as it is your g/f, or a landlord.

That's why you read of the foreigner often being fined - the tenant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

How were you able to do 90 day report a few days after arrival? Or did you mean TM30?

TM30 is no longer required if you leave and renter, provided you're returning to your registered address.

@Chaimai maybe wasn't aware a 90-day report is only necessary when having permission of stay for more than 90 consecutive days, but exit before a 90-day report period, the count is automatically reset to day 1 on reentry.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Faz said:

As per Pinetrees reply, although if you permanently stay in a private residential property, as opposed to a hotel or guest house, then it's also as much your responsibility to file the TM30 as it is your g/f, or a landlord.

That's why you read of the foreigner often being fined - the tenant.

Yes, correct. but I don't think regular visits to a g/f would be a problem.  Without going into too much detail, I own one house,  which is my TM30 permanent address, in which I sometimes/often/ have my long term g/f over.  I also own a condo where number 2 g/f lives and whom I visit, and stay  regularly.  I have never bothered to discuss with immigration my personal arrangements and I doubt that they would be bothered by them, provided that they can always contact me at my permanent address. 

51 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Yes, correct. but I don't think regular visits to a g/f would be a problem.  Without going into too much detail, I own one house,  which is my TM30 permanent address, in which I sometimes/often/ have my long term g/f over.  I also own a condo where number 2 g/f lives and whom I visit, and stay  regularly.  I have never bothered to discuss with immigration my personal arrangements and I doubt that they would be bothered by them, provided that they can always contact me at my permanent address. 

Regular visits to a girlfriend (or elsewhere) are defined as 'temporary' place of residence and provided you will return to your permanent registered address, then there is now no requirement to file a new TM30 for either place of stay.

Prior to June 30th 2020, and Immigration issuing a directive to amend section 38 of the Immigration Act, the requirements were to register any change of address, even a temporary residence, and also when returning from a trip abroad to your already registered permanent address.

3 hours ago, Faz said:

TM30 is no longer required if you leave and renter, provided you're returning to your registered address

Thanks I thought that you had mentioned that before. It’s so easy to do through the app once set up that it would be easy to update your arrival date anyway after an overseas trip. Maybe the key point to note after an overseas trip is that the first 90 day report has to be done manually before you can report through the immigration app.?

4 hours ago, Stevejm said:

Because my 90 day report date was 2nd July.

(Previous date 4 April).

It did not change as a result of me passing through Immigration at DM.