News Forum - Inflation causing a problem for airlines coming to Thailand

Thaiger

The Thai tourism industry is trying to recover as fewer international flights are now arriving due to inflation as prices of fuel are rising. There are also problems in both Europe and the US with flights being cancelled or with long delays, causing additional travel chaos as the world’s travel and aviation tries to recover. World inflation is also hitting the discretionary spending habits of potential travellers to Thailand at this time. Thailand is counting on the approaching high season to bring in 8-10 million tourists by the end of 2022. Numerous airline companies say they are are hesitant to […]

The story Inflation causing a problem for airlines coming to Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Those lunatics in this country contradict them self nearly every day instead of keeping their mouths shut. Yesterday everything was so rosy today their world nearly falls apart. I'm starting wondering if they ever read a foreigner newspaper to just following what happens outside Thailand's borders.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

I'm starting wondering if they ever read a foreigner newspaper.

Only the foreign newpapers that are in Thai.😆

A big problem for potential tourists is getting out of their own country.

US, England etc massive back logs  in airports, flight cancellations, inflation of costs due to oil increase which then affect airfares all this isn't going to help encourage tourism, probably discourage tourism. 

OK you got to your holiday destination BUT can you get home?

• Like 2

Thailand is counting on  theapproaching high season to bring in 8-10 million tourists by the end of 2022?

oh yeah, with so many hundreds of full planes arriving daily, that's a conservative estimate. 🤣

The longer they kept travel closed the harder it is to restart.

Europe and the US had a one year head start and are still having major issues this year never mind the extra costs. 

These routes are not going to come back quickly no matter how much Thailand begs. High season flight schedules were set months ago and the airlines could only assume status quo restrictions at the time. They weren’t going to risk allocating routes to a country that might decide to be opened or closed. And the routes they did set they don’t even have the capacity to handle.  

Good luck convincing Europe and Middle Eastern airlines to add Thai capacity now  

When it comes to tourism, this government has proven it only thinks of itself—they simply didn’t care that the rest of the tourism chain withered and died while they dawdled. 

4 hours ago, Rebel said:

Those lunatics in this country contradict them self nearly every day instead of keeping their mouths shut. Yesterday everything was so rosy today their world nearly falls apart. I'm starting wondering if they ever read a foreigner newspaper to just following what happens outside Thailand's borders.

I tend to ignore the rosy predictions. At some point they have to come about face to the realities on the ground...

I would normally book my flight for my annual trip too Thailand about now.I shall wait till November to see what inflation and COVID has in store for us,not forgetting the exchange rate for my euros.

the tourism chain withered and died while they dawdled. 

the word always used was they were 'mulling' this and that. All that mulling=about zero.