Political Correctness [PC] backfires on UK Bank

KaptainRob

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Brace yourself her riclag. Its not the left having an issue over this badge thing.

That’s right. It’s the Daily Mail’s contribution to the Tory culture wars which are designed to distract people from the real issues . The article says that wearing the badge was the choice of individual staff members not a corporate requirement. Other banks have the same thing but it’s not been raised as an issue because they don’t have idiot social media managers making “you can leave if you don’t like it” statements 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Ah that explains why you are struggling with English.

Let me put it another way.

Baa baaaaa ba baaaa baaa baaaaaaa.

Aye. So you  know I lied  !  Ah well .

• Haha 1

A post has been removed that was not written in the English language.

A reply to that post which quoted that, has also been removed.

3 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

This could be a 'Gerald Ratner" moment for the Halifax, when Ratner was asked why are his products were so cheap he basically said "because they are crap." Look after your customers, they pay your wages.

"In his Albert Hall speech, he quipped: “People say to me, ‘how can you sell this for such a low price?’ And I say because it’s total crap”, to loud laughs from the audience."

That quote came from the Mail article! 😂😂😂

31 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

That quote came from the Mail article! 😂😂😂

It also comes from every news source in the country, why, because that is what he said. Here is the quote from wiki. 

We also do cut-glass sherry decanters complete with six glasses on a silver-plated tray that your butler can serve you drinks on, all for £4.95. People say, "How can you sell this for such a low price?", I say, "because it's total crap."[6]

He compounded this by going on to remark that one of the sets of earrings was "cheaper than a prawn sandwich from Marks & Spencer's, but I have to say the sandwich will probably last longer than the earrings". 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Ratner#:~:text=The speech,-Although widely regarded&text=People say%2C "How can you,last longer than the earrings".

Do you have any reason to believe he actually didn't say that? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Ah that explains why you are struggling with English.

Let me put it another way.

Baa baaaaa ba baaaa baaa baaaaaaa.

A Scotsmen telling Welsh jokes that's about as messed up as you people electing Jimmy Krankie as your First Minister that's a pronoun crime if I ever seen one.

• Thanks 1

What about the staff? If I worked there with my impressive man bulge and luxurious forest of chest hair reeking of Old Spice would I be forced to wear a name tag telling everyone I am he/him/bonafide stud muffin? Would Chuck Norris need to self identify? What about if I was in the closet - can I have a confused question mark? I don’t care if the local ATM identifies as a refrigerator provided it gives me my money so why should I care what a bank teller identifies as?

• Cool 1

15 minutes ago, Fanta said:

What about the staff? If I worked there with my impressive man bulge and luxurious forest of chest hair reeking of Old Spice would I be forced to wear a name tag telling everyone I am he/him/bonafide stud muffin? Would Chuck Norris need to self identify? What about if I was in the closet - can I have a confused question mark? I don’t care if the local ATM identifies as a refrigerator provided it gives me my money so why should I care what a bank teller identifies as?

You wouldn’t be forced to wear anything. It says in the linked article that it is voluntary and other banks are doing the same.

• Cool 1

31 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

You wouldn’t be forced to wear anything. It says in the linked article that it is voluntary and other banks are doing the same.

It does say it is optional. Team players and new staff always embrace the optional until it becomes the norm and anyone not embracing this new  norm is clearly not a team player and must have a sexually latent axe to grind. My point is why should I care if my bank teller identifies as a pumpkin? If some people are so insecure in their identity that they demand I reinforce it for them then they are SOL and begging for a bad day. 

9 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Do you have any reason to believe he actually didn't say that

Not at all. I was just pointing out that your comment wasn’t your own thought on the matter. It was just copied from the original article! 😏

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Team players and new staff always embrace the optional until it becomes the norm and anyone not embracing this new  norm is clearly not a team player and must have a sexually latent axe to grind.

I have no idea what the staff think. Maybe none of them want to wear such badges.I don’t understand the point of it anyway. I thought that the real issue was the reaction of the Halifax’s social media manager anyway who issued a very arrogant and abrasive statement.

• Cool 1

19 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Not at all. I was just pointing out that your comment wasn’t your own thought on the matter. It was just copied from the original article! 😏

Never for one moment did I try to portray that the comment was my own thoughts, hence my use of quotation marks. 

28 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Never for one moment did I try to portray that the comment was my own thoughts, hence my use of quotation marks. 

You said:
This could be a 'Gerald Ratner" moment for the Halifax, when Ratner was asked why are his products were so cheap he basically said "because they are crap." Look after your customers, they pay your wages.

I read it as meaning you were making the connection with Ratner and I thought wait a minute that was already mentioned in the original article. Sorry if I misconstrued😃

8 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

You said:

I read it as meaning you were making the connection with Ratner and I thought wait a minute that was already mentioned in the original article. Sorry if I misconstrued😃

No need to apologise Steve, but thank you all the same.😉

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 7:32 PM, Rookiescot said:

Thats just word salad mate.

If identifying as the back leg of a pickled swine is what you want out of life then I say go for it.

Point is Don’t Impose your crackpot “ beliefs” on Others 😎in this case outside Bank / Customer function. 
“ pathetic virtue signaling” indeed as one( former) customer said. 👍😉

How that responsible HR cretin got approval for such formal policy insults to customers indicates a flawed management & control culture &  system and hopefully everybody there who allowed this shite  to be published are now gone. 😡

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 7:41 PM, Rookiescot said:

Who cares? I remember a massive stushie years ago because Frank Zappa called his kid Moonunit. 

It didnt matter then and it does not matter now.

Oh I might add that I identify as a 7th centaury Serbo Croatian  Princess so please remember this in any further correspondence. 

You've got enough identity problems without adding that to them. 😁

As regards the Halifax, if more people leave it might free up the telephone banking a bit. 

Edited by Wanderer