Political Correctness [PC] backfires on UK Bank

KaptainRob

Halifax Bank is branded 'old fashioned bullies' as MORE customers close their accounts after social media manager told them to LEAVE if they don't like staff sharing pronouns on badges 

image.png.7f7a2efc14e34c81761d7b69f6dc1132.png

Halifax's pronouns badge PR disaster has sparked an exodus of customers and their savings today as its bosses were branded 'old fashioned bullies'.

Britons are closing their accounts en masse after the bank's social media team told them to leave if they don't like their new badges to help avoid 'accidental mis gendering' of staff.

One account holder told MailOnline that he and his family has already pulled out investments and savings worth £450,000 while many more said they are closing ISAs after they accused the bank of 'alienating' them with 'pathetic virtue signalling'.

Another reader cancelled his Halifax credit cards online today and told customer services: 'Pronouns matter when used properly, I will not be told by a bank what I can and can't'. Other critic said: 'I care because they paid someone to come up with this rubbish but they keep closing branches'.

Read the full MailOnline story here > https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10973289/Halifax-pronouns-scandal-customers-close-accounts-social-media-manager-told-to.html

• Like 2

IT is rapidly  being imprinted on what remains of the individual's capacity to think independently.... various gender association irrelevant. How long before become synonymous with IT  ? A newborn baby will never be at risk of a question put to the IT's that procreated it as what gender IT is ! The electronic  IT that will control/censure the semi biological IT's . An amazing fusion of total irrelevance ?

• Thanks 1

This could be a 'Gerald Ratner" moment for the Halifax, when Ratner was asked why are his products were so cheap he basically said "because they are crap." Look after your customers, they pay your wages.

"In his Albert Hall speech, he quipped: “People say to me, ‘how can you sell this for such a low price?’ And I say because it’s total crap”, to loud laughs from the audience."

• Like 2

Never. In the field of human conflict. Have so many gammons been offended. 

Seriously. Who gives a shit about a badge?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Outsider said:

IT is rapidly  being imprinted on what remains of the individual's capacity to think independently.... various gender association irrelevant. How long before become synonymous with IT  ? A newborn baby will never be at risk of a question put to the IT's that procreated it as what gender IT is ! The electronic  IT that will control/censure the semi biological IT's . An amazing fusion of total irrelevance ?

Hope the left doesn’t shame away with the generations old baby announcement !

“Its a boy or Its a girl”

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Never. In the field of human conflict. Have so many gammons been offended. 

Seriously. Who gives a shit about a badge?

Not even if it demotes your individuality....even as an indocrinated  gammon? Perhaps you also believe in Devine intervention ? Back leg of a pickled swine ? Humanity is doom.edd

1 minute ago, Outsider said:

Not even if it demotes your individuality....even as an indocrinated  gammon? Perhaps you also believe in Devine intervention ? Back leg of a pickled swine ? Humanity is doom.edd

Sorry ! I miss typed !  Divine  versus  Devine. Humanity  versus  humans.

Thats just word salad mate.

If identifying as the back leg of a pickled swine is what you want out of life then I say go for it.

13 minutes ago, riclag said:

"Rick and partner happily announce the birth of a Thing and invite all relations to attend It's christening gender naming proudly sponsored by Halifax Bank"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, riclag said:

Brace yourself her riclag. Its not the left having an issue over this badge thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KaptainRob said:

"Rick and partner happily announce the birth of a Thing and invite all relations to attend It's christening gender naming proudly sponsored by Halifax Bank"

There is that danger ! IT identification  but derived of gender!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Thats just word salad mate.

If identifying as the back leg of a pickled swine is what you want out of life then I say go for it.

You are quite slow ?

Just now, KaptainRob said:

Who cares? I remember a massive stushie years ago because Frank Zappa called his kid Moonunit. 

It didnt matter then and it does not matter now.

Oh I might add that I identify as a 7th centaury Serbo Croatian  Princess so please remember this in any further correspondence. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, riclag said:

Hope the right doesn't get their knickers too much in a twist when it turns out to be neither.

Edited by astro
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes.

Yes ? I hope that is not an inducted  NHS response to guarantee continuation of your 24 hour care provided  by increasingly  incompetent  bum wipers purely on the basis  of the fear to be rejected from the compliant self abuser legion ?

• Like 1

Yes ? I hope that is not an inducted  NHS response to guarantee continuation of your 24 hour care provided  by increasingly  incompetent  bum wipers purely on the basis  of the fear to be rejected from the compliant self abuser legion ?

Not so far. Should I be worried? 

5 minutes ago, astro said:

Hope the right doesn't get their knickers too much in a twist when it turns out to be neither.

Conjures up ideas of having to refrain from 'gender naming' until puberty .... how far can PC-ridiculous be stretched.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Possibly. 😉

OK I will ask matron. 

She says "Gonnie haud yer wheesht ya glaiket scunner".

Now I dont know about you but I suspect nursey would like you to be quiet now. 

15 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Conjures up ideas of having to refrain from 'gender naming' until puberty .... how far can PC-ridiculous be stretched.

Thats never going to be a thing Rob. The vast majority of people will simply keep doing what they have always done.

Just ask my daughter Elvis. Its never been a problem for her. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

OK I will ask matron. 

She says "Gonnie haud yer wheesht ya glaiket scunner".

Now I dont know about you but I suspect nursey would like you to be quiet now. 

Lmao ! Were that  Garlic  or a version of  Gaelic ?

Lmao ! Were that  Garlic  or a version of  Gaelic ?

Some of it is lowland Scots. Some of it is Gaelic. Some of it is Dorric.

But ultimately the message is clear. 

3 minutes ago, Outsider said:

I'm Welsh !  Be nice ! 🤣

Ah that explains why you are struggling with English.

Let me put it another way.

Baa baaaaa ba baaaa baaa baaaaaaa.