News Forum - Thailand Tourism to Boom, is it Asia’s Amsterdam? | Weekend Update

Thaiger

The Thaiger visited a bar in one of the entertainment districts in Bangkok to find a very open and friendly green environment. The PM is very happy with the projected tourist figures for 2022 and cleaning up the cables in Bangkok is a team effort. All this and more on todays Weekend Update.

The story Thailand Tourism to Boom, is it Asia’s Amsterdam? | Weekend Update as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If ever someone should be prevented from writing headlines to prevent a publication from appearing stupid- this is probably it……….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Legalising marijuana might seem a nice cosy idea, but Thailand had better prepare itself for an increase in mental illness and psychotic events. In the UK we often find that after a violent incident there is a drugs history. It is a gateway drug and You can bet that it will lead to the consumption of other substances. From the governments point of you though, drugged population is easier to control and manipulate. When America wanted to take control of Iran in the 50s, they realised they could not do it by military means. In Iran The smoking of opium using an opium pipe was commonplace. When you smoke opium you produce a residue, which of course has no value. The Americans pretended it had a value and started buying the residue. The only way of producing the latter was to smoke it, hence you had a compromised population.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Cg66 said:

It is a gateway drug and You can bet that it will lead to the consumption of other substances.

Pure speculation. You clearly don't understand addiction. The CDC has gone in record saying... "Most people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, “harder” drugs. People who use marijuana and do go on to use other drugs (including alcohol and tobacco) simply have a higher risk of addiction to those drugs."

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cg66 said:

When you smoke opium you produce a residue, which of course has no value. The Americans pretended it had a value

Wrong again. Opium dross does have value. Google it. 

6 hours ago, Cabra said:

Pure speculation. You clearly don't understand addiction. The CDC has gone in record saying... "Most people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, “harder” drugs. People who use marijuana and do go on to use other drugs (including alcohol and tobacco) simply have a higher risk of addiction to those drugs."

I’ve heard this argument many times from you potheads. Most doesn’t  cover everyone and there are people who should patently stay away from drugs as it seems to affect them in a different way to others. Corrupt  government bodies often hush up inconvenient information that gets in the way of the narrative. The Yvalde school killer in Texas for example had a marijuana problem yet very few publications reported the fact, preferring  to state that he suffered from mental illness instead.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cabra said:

Wrong again. Opium dross does have value. Google it. 

Okay, so I should’ve put that the Americans took the residue, or dross as you potheads call it, and made it into pills to give to the poor in Iran to dumb them down

1 hour ago, Cg66 said:

Most doesn’t  cover everyone and there are people who should patently stay away from drugs as it seems to affect them in a different way to others

That's true. Should it therefore be illegal?

There are also people who are allergic to chicken. 😛

1 hour ago, Cg66 said:

Corrupt  government bodies often hush up inconvenient information that gets in the way of the narrative. The Yvalde school killer in Texas for example had a marijuana problem yet very few publications reported the fact, preferring  to state that he suffered from mental illness instead.

Yes, mentally ill people may also have a problem with drink or drugs they cannot handle. Got nought to do with corrupt govs suppressing info. 😆

12 hours ago, Cg66 said:

I’ve heard this argument many times from you potheads. Most doesn’t  cover everyone and there are people who should patently stay away from drugs as it seems to affect them in a different way to others. Corrupt  government bodies often hush up inconvenient information that gets in the way of the narrative. The Yvalde school killer in Texas for example had a marijuana problem yet very few publications reported the fact, preferring  to state that he suffered from mental illness instead.

You don't know me old man. And you sure don't know anything about addiction or mental health. 

On 7/3/2022 at 8:56 AM, Cg66 said:

You actually believe information from the DailyMail? Half of that entire paper is complete BS. That article is definetly complete BS. I smoked cannabis daily for 20 years and had no issues with my emotions, I have a good job making myself £45k per year, cannabis has had no ill effect on my life, in fact I can only think of benefits for me personally, besides short term memory loss and making me more lazy. Not that I am saying that would be the same for everyone. As it affects people differently. If someone already has a mental problem it could have the potential to make it worse. Yes some people can get depression or anxiety. But that isnt permanent. It isnt physically addictive like tobacco or alcohol. You body wont ever "rely" on it to get by or have serious physical withdrawal symtoms, the most I had was waking up sweating when I gave it up, a week later I was fine. The biggest piece of BS in that entire article is:

"Regular use of quantities above ten per cent (THC) are linked to a higher risk of addiction, violent behaviour and a newly recognised condition called cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, or 'scromiting'.

'It means screaming and violent vomiting,' says Dr Lev. 'I call it the audible cannabis condition, because I hear the violent screams down the hall before I see the patient.'"

Its laughable just to read that. "Violent behaviour" from cannabis?!?! Screaming and violent vomiting?!?! Above 10%? I used to smoke 18%+ THC cannabis regularly. Never did I ever feel violent.

If you vomit you took too much (pulling a whitey I used to call it). Its as simple as that. Violent behaviour??? That is even more laughable. Take 2 voilent agressive people that want to hurt each other, then get them high. Then ask if they still want to fight each other. I pretty much guarentee the answer will be no. In fact they will probably have forgot why they were angry with each other in the first place.

Now onto what I do agree with what is in the media. Kids smoking/taking cannabis is a definite NO!!!! Adults only. As Cannabis can have a very bad effect on Children as they are still developing mentally. Also people with mental illness should stay away as it could have an adverse effect compared to healthy minded people.

Edited by Jason240185
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 5:25 PM, astro said:

That's true. Should it therefore be illegal?

There are also people who are allergic to chicken. 😛

Yes, mentally ill people may also have a problem with drink or drugs they cannot handle. Got nought to do with corrupt govs suppressing info. 😆

On 7/4/2022 at 12:24 PM, Jason240185 said:

You actually believe information from the DailyMail? Half of that entire paper is complete BS. That article is definetly complete BS. I smoked cannabis daily for 20 years and had no issues with my emotions, I have a good job making myself £45k per year, cannabis has had no ill effect on my life, in fact I can only think of benefits for me personally, besides short term memory loss and making me more lazy. Not that I am saying that would be the same for everyone. As it affects people differently. If someone already has a mental problem it could have the potential to make it worse. Yes some people can get depression or anxiety. But that isnt permanent. It isnt physically addictive like tobacco or alcohol. You body wont ever "rely" on it to get by or have serious physical withdrawal symtoms, the most I had was waking up sweating when I gave it up, a week later I was fine. The biggest piece of BS in that entire article is:

"Regular use of quantities above ten per cent (THC) are linked to a higher risk of addiction, violent behaviour and a newly recognised condition called cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, or 'scromiting'.

'It means screaming and violent vomiting,' says Dr Lev. 'I call it the audible cannabis condition, because I hear the violent screams down the hall before I see the patient.'"

Its laughable just to read that. "Violent behaviour" from cannabis?!?! Screaming and violent vomiting?!?! Above 10%? I used to smoke 18%+ THC cannabis regularly. Never did I ever feel violent.

If you vomit you took too much (pulling a whitey I used to call it). Its as simple as that. Violent behaviour??? That is even more laughable. Take 2 voilent agressive people that want to hurt each other, then get them high. Then ask if they still want to fight each other. I pretty much guarentee the answer will be no. In fact they will probably have forgot why they were angry with each other in the first place.

Now onto what I do agree with what is in the media. Kids smoking/taking cannabis is a definite NO!!!! Adults only. As Cannabis can have a very bad effect on Children as they are still developing mentally. Also people with mental illness should stay away as it could have an adverse effect compared to healthy minded people.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiHu8jc_OP4AhXTgVwKHeCJDRMQFnoECBUQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov%2Fpmc%2Farticles%2FPMC6461328%2F&usg=AOvVaw2PL7IjLdOTy0xM6vT90VZk

On 7/4/2022 at 12:47 AM, Cg66 said:

Very true, and the same CDC cautious about mental illness that can afflict potheads too.

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/health-effects/mental-health.html

Edited by dbrenn

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

"None of these studies prove that rising cannabis use has caused population-wide increases in psychosis or other mental illness"

🤠

No need to be confused, Marble-eye, it's a quote from the link which you haven't read.

Further:

"But the number of Americans who use cannabis heavily is soaring. In 2006, about 3 million Americans reported using the drug at least 300 times a year, the standard for daily use. By 2017, that number had increased to 8 million—approaching the 12 million Americans who drank every day. Put another way, only one in 15 drinkers consumed alcohol daily; about one in five marijuana users used cannabis that often.

And they are consuming cannabis that is far more potent than ever before, as measured by the amount of THC it contains. THC, or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, is the chemical responsible for the drug’s psychoactive effects. In the 1970s, most marijuana contained less than 2% THC. Today, marijuana routinely contains 20–25% THC, thanks to sophisticated farming and cloning techniques, and to the demand of users to get a stronger high more quickly. In states where cannabis is legal, many users prefer extracts that are nearly pure THC."

The topic is about Thailand, not the US.

Completely different patterns of availability and consumption.

For starters, extracts of that strength remain illegal in LoS.