Lottery wins.

Marble-eye

Just been reading about the Thai gentleman who managed to predict 3 numbers on the Thai lottery, which left me thinking, does anyone still do any lottery, whether Thai or anywhere else on this planet for that matter.

The most I've managed to win in Thailand is a couple of thousand baht, but in the UK on the very first the time the lottery people introduced the mid week draw I got 5 numbers and managed to win £1,650, a paltry sum for getting 5 numbers, the bonus ball and it would have been in the hundreds of thousands.

Just started doing the Euromillions and the Bonolotto on line, just a few pounds, but you never know.💰💷

And what would you do if you won a tidy sum.🎰

won 1,000 Euro on the Irish lottery many years back and blew it all on a two day weekend in Dublin. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Just started doing the Euromillions

Really? In your age you wanna go through all the trouble, in case you win the jackpot? 

And think about it, in case you get the email, the heart is perhaps ..... 

😇  

Couple of years ago, I played one time, won  about 30k Euro.

But a bit ago, the 50k for one bitcoin was like a lottery win. Bought them for under 10 $ about 10 years before that. 

6 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Really? In your age you wanna go through all the trouble, in case you win the jackpot? 

And think about it, in case you get the email, the heart is perhaps ..... 

😇  

Couple of years ago, I played one time, won  about 30k Euro.

But a bit ago, the 50k for one bitcoin was like a lottery win. Bought them for under 10 $ about 10 years before that. 

Yes it could be problematic, but I'm willing to take that risk.🤑

Won 2000 baht a few times on the black lottery, but nowt on the official one.

• Like 1

If I won any money  from the Thai lottery , I’d have my Thai step daughter claim it !  The USA would want me to declare the winnings and tax me!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, riclag said:

If I won any money  from the Thai lottery , I’d have my Thai step daughter claim it !  The USA would want me to declare the winnings and tax me!

So you better let yor stepdaughter "tax" you? 🙊

I am so not lucky though I like to buy the odd Thai Lottery ticket. What I don't like is the inability to choose your own number, but as statistics will tell you, it's irrelevant. I just pick any old ticket from the vendors case much to their surprise. I've seen Thais check every ticket in the case before they choose lol.

Howver the wife and her brother have both been lucky. Her brother won 500k on the National lottery, paid off his small debts and bought our shared Hilux (in wife's name as he had been cheated by a female long ago).

Wife is lucky in the 'local' lottery having won 35k twice in a 6 week period. Both are sensible and quit while they are ahead, thankfully!

• Like 1

They say that 70% of big lottery winners end up penniless, unbelievable.

"Refuse collector Mikey Carroll scooped the UK National Lottery jackpot in 2002 at the age of 19, winning £9.7 million ($13.8m). Dubbed the "Lotto lout" by the British tabloid press, the convicted criminal from Norfolk squandered the lot on partying, jewellery, extravagant cars and gifts for family and friends. By 2010, Carroll was so hard up, he was forced to return to his former minimum wage job to make ends meet."

https://www.lovemoney.com/gallerylist/64958/lottery-winners-who-won-millions-but-ended-up-with-nothing#:~:text=Believe it or not%2C statistics,in next to no time.

• Like 1

Some know what to do with money; some don’t. Those who don’t understand how money works will always toil for those who do. A sad reality. (Or a happy one if you have 💰💸💵💶🤑)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Some know what to do with money; some don’t. Those who don’t understand how money works will always toil for those who do. A sad reality. (Or a happy one if you have 💰💸💵💶🤑)

It's like the old saying "I'd rather be rich and miserable the poor and miserable" and "people say that money can't buy happiness have apparently never used money"

Think about this, "if I were a biddy biddy rich idle-diddle-didle-didle man," I live my life with that quote.😃

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

It's like the old saying "I'd rather be rich and miserable the poor and miserable" and "people say that money can't buy happiness have apparently never used money"

Think about this, "if I were a biddy biddy rich idle-diddle-didle-didle man," I live my life with that quote.😃

Money cannot buy you happiness. 

But it can get you a right few laughs.

Personally I have actually won thousands playing the reverse lottery. 

You dont buy a ticket and keep the money you would have spent on it. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

I remember a Shrink friend saying,

being rich and depressed is better then the other alternative ,poor/ depressed 

• Like 1