Top 5 Chefs in Order.

vlad

My favorite 5 are 5 The late great Keith Floyd 4 Nigella Lawson, 3 Jaime Oliver 2 Rick Stein and in my opinion Top dog Ramsey.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vlad said:

My favorite 5 are 5 The late great Keith Floyd 4 Nigella Lawson, 3 Jaime Oliver 2 Rick Stein and in my opinion Top dog Ramsey.

Ramsey is good. But the the best chef I know is my wife. Absolute genius 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Rick Stein because he's polite, unpretentious.   Mrs BigHewer and my wife tie for 2nd place 😜

Ramsey can fook off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't see my name on this list?  The people who complied it have obviously never tasted my World renowned pasta bake ; 8,000 calories per small serving.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

on a promise tonight after that post eh? 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, vlad said:

Have never eaten any meals prepared by these 5 people, so cannot say.  The Thai lady who makes food for 50 baht next to my condo makes several excellent dishes though 5555.  I can vouch for her 😆

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BigHewer said:

A female chef!  Wow things are really changing in the 21st century, who would have thought! 😂

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I don't see my name on this list?  The people who complied it have obviously never tasted my World renowned pasta bake ; 8,000 calories per small serving.   

Perhaps the real reason that you only eat food prepared at home is that you can no longer fit through the door!

• Haha 2

Jamie Oliver? Have you seen his disastrous egg fried rice and green curry? LMFAO

Marco Pierre White (Gordon Ramsay's mentor) would be near the top of the list though.

3 hours ago, vlad said:

I could carry on with James Martin, Paul Rankin, etc all good Chefs of course Raymond Blanc.

Raymond Blanc fantastic, and also has trained dozens of michelin starred chefs - ate at his Oxford pile - I think we had the 7 course tasting menu and you signed a loan application form before starting !!

Albert Roux has to be on here - trainer of Ramsey, Pierre White, Peter Chandler and his son Michel and many others. The founding father of fine dining. I ate at Le Gavroche once and they had 'calf brain' as a special. Intrigued to know what the best chef in the world could do with that and ignoring all the other gems went for it. It was bloody amazing.

'Genius' is overused, but in their field they were the masters.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 4:24 AM, vlad said:

Ramsey is arrogant and difficult but he is a top chef you cant say he isnt.

And then we might have to define what a chef is, let alone a knowledgeable chef.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/31/2022 at 5:31 AM, astro said:

Not difficult to become a top chef in the Uk.... considering the accepted standard of food on offer.

Arrant nonsense astro, possibly a contributory factor in you going awol. 

At least I am assuming it is awol and not ill health or the reaper.