News Forum - What will be Thailand’s new tourism mix? – VIDEO

Thaiger

This is an hour long discussion with our YouTube audience… Now the Thailand Pass is history, Thailand’s tourism moves into a new era. From now until high season there will be many new dynamics that will affect how Thailand recovers its vital status as a Top Ten world tourism destination. Also, the mask dilemma. We’re sick of talking about face masks, and you may be too, but there is a whole new ball game at play, now that masks have, officially, been made voluntary for open spaces in Thailand. We need to discuss this. We go live at 10am (Thai […]

The story What will be Thailand’s new tourism mix? – VIDEO as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Today Tim it is now 12-30 pm I am 7 hours behind you. May I ask a question concerning how Thailand can convince Tourists to Return and what will be the incentives to want us to Return?  Have they now realized that tourists should be treated better and looked after better? The Tourist industry now realizes what damage can incur on jobs if Tourists get ripped off and Scammed. The Thai tourism board now has a cleaner slate to restore their tarnished reputation. Or as I Think some will see a larger number of tourists as a good reason to fleece them to make up for losses incurred by the Covid  Pandemic. Can you answer your thoughts on these issues I've asked about and post them on the forum, Tim? 

Regards

William Dale aka Vlad.

• Like 1

As tourists begin to return, there is still few hurdles after arrival, the main problem is masks, the very first thing the tourist will see upon arrival that everyone still masked up ! ,even though it's no longer mandated, the public are still fully masked, this am sure will make tourist uncomfortable ,that could effect future arrivals.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Richard1944 said:

As tourists begin to return, there is still few hurdles after arrival, the main problem is masks, the very first thing the tourist will see upon arrival that everyone still masked up ! ,even though it's no longer mandated, the public are still fully masked, this am sure will make tourist uncomfortable ,that could effect future arrivals.

Certainly will be a real barrier to tourism and economy. 

"Come one, come all, welcome to one of the only remaining countries in the world where the public is fully masked."

Moving forward is alway good. I’ll share my experience with everyone as an example. When we 🇺🇸 went mask optional I quit wearing one in public-all together. It was not because I didn’t care, I felt I was at a complete understanding of all the risks. Never being locked down from day 1 of the pandemic I worked around thousands of people distributing food and necessities - I never once got sick. Although I had friends and co workers all around me get sick. Fast forward to today I have still not caught COVID or have been sick. Going maskless - mask optional was the last hurdle to millions of business - and family business owners opening up. More people went back to work and the majority of 🇺🇸 are able to go shopping again. Schools and colleges are back at full capacity. Peoples mental states are getting better. All this comes with time. It’s a door opener and I’m glad Thailand is moving forward. 

Thank You

Marvin

On 7/2/2022 at 4:41 AM, vlad said:

Or as I Think some will see a larger number of tourists as a good reason to fleece them to make up for losses incurred by the Covid  Pandemic.

This is my concern going forward. It’s been two and a half years since I visited and I’m booked for August. Can’t wait as I love Thailand. However if it’s just a case of “we need to make back the money we lost” rip off after rip off. Well let’s just say I can visit other places just as well.