News Forum - China and Taiwan offer conflicting views over Hong Kong rule

Thaiger

China President Xi Jingping, and Taiwan Premier Su Tseng-chang offered conflicting views on Hong Kong rule as the mainland celebrated the 25th anniversary of its handover from the United Kingdom. The Taiwan chief claims freedom and democracy have disappeared in Hong Kong as he witnessed scenes of today’s celebration in the city’s business hub from Taipei today. “One only has to see the pain that Hong Kongers are going through to know whether Hong Kong is doing better or worse. It’s only been 25 years, and in the past, the promise was 50 years of no change (referencing Beijing’s promise […]

The story China and Taiwan offer conflicting views over Hong Kong rule as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

All I know is magical Hong Kong is lost forever. 

Another of Thatchers botched legacies.

Yet she sent the Army to fight and burn and die for a frozen bit of rock with absolutely no value, strategic or otherwise, to the UK. 

Cathay Pacific airways will be lucky to survive as we knew it also. 

I was in Sydney Chinatown with a Chinese-Malay colleague that night 25 years ago. They had set up a big screen, and chairs in one of the Chinatown malls. Not a single other soul showed up. 

There was us, and the old Chinese janitor, who was paid to be there. 

Shows what the mostly Cantonese Australians thought about it!

Vale my beautiful Hong Kong.

Edited by Venusianhart