Activist group seeks to dissolve ruling Palang Pracharath Party, PM’s resignation

Thaiger

An activist group that goes by the name Prachachon Khonthai (People Of Thailand, or POT), say they are filing a petition to dissolve the ruling Palang Pracharath Party next week. The 30 members strong group had come together yesterday on Phitsanulok Road, Bangkok. They gathered surrounded by 300 nearby police officers. The leader, Nititorn Lamlua, who was previously a People’s Democratic Reform Committee activist, says the group wants PM Prayut Chan-o-cha’s resignation for not fixing the countries financial issues. The group also wants to annul the 2019 election results. They see the calculation of list MPs by adding fractions as […]

The post Activist group seeks to dissolve ruling Palang Pracharath Party, PM’s resignation appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Only in Thailand. But good luck to them for trying, bless their hearts. 

Edited by King Cotton
Deletion of meaningless text-talk LOL, as per Guideline 15

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Only in Thailand. But good luck to them for trying, bless their hearts. 

I'm not so sure you'd have the same view if you knew anything about Nititorn Lamlua.

He's an extreme right-winger who, as part of the PDRC under Suthep, enabled Prayut to come to power in 2014. His protest isn't for democracy as  Westerners understand it, but the complete opposite - that Prayut is too left wing!

As you say, "only in Thailand" - but he only had 30 supporters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

I'm not so sure you'd have the same view if you knew anything about Nititorn Lamlua.

He's an extreme right-winger who, as part of the PDRC under Suthep, enabled Prayut to come to power in 2014. His protest isn't for democracy as  Westerners understand it, but the complete opposite - that Prayut is too left wing!

I didnt know the guy, but after reading up on him, you are right.  I do have the same view (Junta out) but I definitely do not agree with this guy - clearly a throw back antagonist and probably dangerous. His threatening to invade the US Embassy and many other threats of violence shows him to not be rational - glad he only got 30 people to show up - people like him are holding Thailand back in my opinion. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

I agree Suthep is a terrible guy 

• Like 2