News Forum - Thai bank apps crash on payday causes customer outrage

Thaiger

Siam Commercial Bank joined Bangkok Bank, and TMB Thanachart Bank in causing chaos throughout Thailand this morning when their banking apps crashed. They not only wreaked turmoil throughout the land but they also managed to unite all of its customers – in anger, after their mobile banking systems crashed on the day their salaries were supposed to be transferred into their accounts. Customers of Siam Commercial Bank were greeted by the statement “Service is not available at this time, please try again later” when they opened their app this morning. Customers of Bangkok Bank checking whether their salaries had gone […]

The story Thai bank apps crash on payday causes customer outrage as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Another voiced a similar opinion, “I just transferred money from TTB to SCB! Damn, I’m so mad at all of these mobile app makers. I have no money left to eat now.”

I'm confused.

If this app has crashed, has their money disappeared? They can't go to an ATM and draw out money?

Give me good hard cash. All these wonderful tech solutions are a security & functional risk. It takes 5 times as long to pay at the store check using a QR code as it does with cash. No one but me can access my account over the internet & it will stay that way.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

“Due to the current high volume of access

The worrying thing about this is the necessary silence from the banks. It seems as if there is an infrastructure problem or a security problem. With government databases leaking data like a sieve it is not unreasonable to think the banks would do the same.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Loong said:

I'm confused.

If this app has crashed, has their money disappeared? They can't go to an ATM and draw out money?

Better to leave his money in the bank if he simply wants to eat it.