It was a useful Conversation regarding Covid-19 Travel Insurance

Last night one my oldest friends phoned me from Dublin in Ireland to inform me that he plans to come to visit later this year or very early 2022 as we have not seen each other for nearly 3 years.

Robert wanted to ask about Covid-19 Travel insurance and we discussed it at length and I directed him to have a look at thethaiger.com/covid-19/insurance/ and also at the information below, as having all of the correct documents will make it so much easier at Dublin and Suvarnabhumi Airport and the following is an extract taken from thaiembassey.com

This insurance is required to be allowed into the country so you will be purchasing this before you travel. The easiest way to buy your policy is online from one of the above providers who will then provide you with the all-important certificate of coverage to present to the authorities when you arrive (and you will also need to present it to the airline before they will allow you onboard). It’s quick and easy to do online, and you can choose your length of policy from 30 days to one year. Be sure that the policy covers the entire period that you are planning to stay in Thailand or you may be refused entry.

• 1 month later...

Hi Andrew,
The http:www.thaiembassy.com is a commercial website of Siam Legal. It is not a an official Thai Embassy website and they have a disclaimer at the bottom of the page confirming that. There information is dubious and incorrect at times to say the least.

The Covid Insurance is required to apply for the necessary COE (certificate of entry) required to enter Thailand.
The Covid Insurance only needs to cover the permission of stay you are granted at entry.
Example: For a Tourist Visa 60 days.

You could obtain 30 day extensions, or indeed apply for a change in Visa status to a Non O as a prelude to applying for a 1 year extension of stay after entering Thailand and there is no further requirement to have Covid Insurance to cover these extended periods of stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1