First aftershave and Favourite past and now.

Thought this might be a of fun when. When started going out first what aftershave did you wear for me it was Brut or if I got paid id splash out on Old Spice. When i was younger id buy Kuros, Joop, and Farenheit and the best for me Aramis. At the time very expensive and made me think I'd pull the birds easily lol. What do other members remember from their youth? and what was there Favourite.

Aramis worked for me, along with a gold Dunhill lighter and Gauloise .... No problem pulling birds in London 😋 maybe it was just me being hansum man?

• Haha 3

Old Spice, Woodbines and a box of Captain Webb matches.

• Haha 2

Brut in the early days, then Fahrenheit - which I still use to this day.

28 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Woodbines and a box of Captain Webb matches.

Park Drive and a Zippo lighter pulled more birds. 😛

• Haha 1

Brut when I was 14 & the hormones were making themselves known.

Later, Aramis & a Zippo lighter which I lost two weeks later.

Did have a Gold Gucci watch (I was quite smooth & naturally hansum 🤓) which got nicked from a gym I used to frequent, trying to improve my 'guns' 🤣

Never worn a watch since.

Now, I just stink.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Now, I just stink.

Same same ... wife rubs lime juice under my arms, it works!

Hai Karate aftershave had a certain appeal to young horny adolescents, like myself, unfortunately the results never seemed as extreme as in the adverts 😞

• Like 2

First one was Hai Karate in a gift pack from my Grandmother when I was a kid.

Now my favourite is Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet (it attracts Soi 6 girl faster than the Somtum cart).

But here in Pattaya you could wear Hai Karate,Brut or Old Spice and the girls would still tell you that you smell hom.

• Haha 2

Great posts forget the expensive Paco Rabanne rubbish im packin a lemon in me case in November.

• Like 1

Never ever used it and really don't know anyone who does. My dad used to though. I thought it was a thing of the past.

47 minutes ago, vlad said:

Great posts forget the expensive Paco Rabanne rubbish im packin a lemon in me case in November.

You'll be a magnet all the somtum ladies 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

Brut when I was 14 & the hormones were making themselves known.

Later, Aramis & a Zippo lighter which I lost two weeks later.

Did have a Gold Gucci watch (I was quite smooth & naturally hansum 🤓) which got nicked from a gym I used to frequent, trying to improve my 'guns' 🤣

Never worn a watch since.

Now, I just stink.

I was brought up by my grandparents in the 1950s and they never had a bathroom until the council offered grants in the 1960s. So on a Friday evening I would go down to my mother's and have a bath which was an old tin bath filled up with kettles on the gas stove. My step father was the first in, then mother and last but least, me, all in the same water of course.

So it was probably cheaper to use Johnson's Baby Powder and lashings of Old Spice to disguise the odours that must have been lingering after everywhere we went than have a bath.

And try telling that to  t'young today, they just won't believe you. 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Posted (edited)

My Dad wore Old Spice.

I was the Brut 33 generation back in the Silver Jubilee year of Fleetwood Mac rumours, Supertramp pulling off the crime of the century, and Donna Summer feelin' her love 

I never forget a London bird saying only Arabs wore Aramis 😂 okay just one opinion, but you know how it is when you're a lad...

So I wore Chanel Antaeus Noir in the States (duty free ex Gatwick) and one particular southern spinner went absolutely gaga when she got a whiff, again, one opinion, but I stuck with it a while after that!

Now, I only wear scent to please her indoors when WE are stepping out, or I will return to find the locks been changed!

I would wear classic Old Spice now if I could get it, in memory of Dad.

But as it is I slum it with a fresh little number from Issey Miyake. Very well received by the locals according to wifey feedback!

PS: I don't like Brut at all now, but then again, it probably wasn't formulated for blokes of sixty plus!

Edited by Venusianhart
  • Like 1

When I was young I used to have 4 or 5 on hand as I liked to vary my 'smell'.

Later when I was less fussy (ie married) I stuck to Hugo Boss for a while. Haven't bought or worn aftershave in at least 20 years.

This post may make me splash out on something though, I find the aerosol deodorants of poor quality here.

These days I would not go out anywhere without a splash of the L'odeur la pipi de chat.

• Haha 2

Sounds like one of Del Boys dodgy aftershaves Marble did Rodney sell you it.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, vlad said:

Sounds like one of Del Boys dodgy aftershaves Marble did Rodney sell you it.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

These days I would not go out anywhere without a splash of the L'odeur la pipi de chat.

You must have to fight the pussy off with a shitty stick !!

61203FFE-0CD1-44B6-BE66-8DD0493D0FD4.jpeg.24c0950c25e97d37a69337b74317fd0e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 8:56 AM, Faz said:

Park Drive and a Zippo lighter pulled more birds. 😛

M+M's  worked well

I learned at an early age that "there is someting about an Aqua Velva man".

Too long ago to remember but now never go anywhere without just a touch of Eau Sauvage