News Forum - CAAT insists air travellers still need to mask up on Thai flights

Thaiger

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand today recommended that all travelers still need to wear face masks on flights because an airplane cabin is a confined area. The Royal Gazette last week announced that face mask wearing is a voluntary practice in an outdoor and airy place, but recommended that people wear masks in crowded areas and venues where social distancing can’t be practiced, such as on the BTS Skytrain. The face mask wearing news on flights was quickly shared among Thai netizens. Many thought it was fake news because of last week’s Royal Gazette announcement. But the Anti-Fake News […]

The story CAAT insists air travellers still need to mask up on Thai flights as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just back on an Emirates flight, where it is announced at check-in and on the plane, that masks MUST be worn for the entire flight. Many many not wearing, but did the dollies tell them.........NOOOOO. I did!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

Just back on an Emirates flight, where it is announced at check-in and on the plane, that masks MUST be worn for the entire flight. Many many not wearing, but did the dollies tell them.........NOOOOO. I did!

Wow, aren't you special! The mask police, here's your gold star! 😅🤣😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighSo said:

Recommended.

So not a rule. No penalty.

Will check soon on a domestic flight. Nice.

Recommended or you dont get on the flight. Up to you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WilliamG said:

And then surely all people said „ohhh the big WilliamG told me to be a good obedient sheeple, so I will do“

You are a security guard? Policemen? Tax guy? 😂😂😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

19 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Recommended or you dont get on the flight. Up to you.

Like always you seem severely confused. If it would be like you said, it would be a rule, not a recommendation.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, HighSo said:

Like always you seem severely confused. If it would be like you said, it would be a rule, not a recommendation.

Then book your flights and try it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WilliamG said:

And there was really no one to tell you to prompty get back to your seat and mind on your own ****** business???????

Get used to it, people have had enough of that stupid mask. If you are so scared of covid, you always have the option of staying home where you are safe, away from these terrible unmasked people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WilliamG said:

Why fly if you are so scared of the virus? Why not do a little research and see that masks on planes don't accomplish anything.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HighSo said:

And then surely all people said „ohhh the big WilliamG told me to be a good obedient sheeple, so I will do“

Guarantee you he didn't tell anyone to do anything, people just love to talk.  Especially the wake folks.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

13 minutes ago, Saunk said:

Guarantee you he didn't tell anyone to do anything, people just love to talk.  Especially the wake folks.

You are probably right, otherwise surely someone would have told him to shut up. I would...

• Like 1

On my Air Canada flight from Tokyo to Vancouver there was a older male steward

He was crazy about masks

They gave out the food and he was following behind with the drink cart

And asking people what they wanted to drink, as they were eating

Then yelling at them and threatening them because they weren't wearing a mask to talk to him

People were just so confused, they were eating

It was very bizarre

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

On my Air Canada flight from Tokyo to Vancouver there was a older male steward

He was crazy about masks

They gave out the food and he was following behind with the drink cart

And asking people what they wanted to drink, as they were eating

Then yelling at them and threatening them because they weren't wearing a mask to talk to him

People were just so confused, they were eating

It was very bizarre

Not really bizarre. The flight attendant should have been more professional with his instructions.   The last time I flew with Air Canada the flight attendant simply explained that they wanted you to wear a mask while you were interacting with them.  Once they have passed by your seat you are free to remove your mask and continue with your meal.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Not really bizarre. The flight attendant should have been more professional with his instructions.   The last time I flew with Air Canada the flight attendant simply explained that they wanted you to wear a mask while you were interacting with them.  Once they have passed by your seat you are free to remove your mask and continue with your meal.

Yes but it is bizarre that they give out food, people are in the middle of taking bites of the food, are asked a question and answer it, then threatened by the person

The guy was a raving nutjob, trust me

I saw it going down and even though I thought he was being ridiculous, I put my mask on before he got to me, didn't want to have to deal with him

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand today recommended that all travelers still need to wear face masks on flights because an airplane cabin is a confined area. The Royal Gazette last week announced that face mask wearing is a voluntary practice in an outdoor and airy place, but recommended that people wear masks in crowded areas and venues where social distancing can’t be practiced, such as on the BTS Skytrain. The face mask wearing news on flights was quickly shared among Thai netizens. Many thought it was fake news because of last week’s Royal Gazette announcement. But the Anti-Fake News […]

The story CAAT insists air travellers still need to mask up on Thai flights as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So it's simply a recommendation, not a rule.

This is a change from what it has been. 

Masks are no longer mandatory on flights in Thailand. 

• Like 1

My experince was thai form Cophenhagen to Bkk 2 weesk ago  maskless guy telling all to put on mask at boarding.

Kept my on until  lift off then had it off for the whole flight as did many others, no noise from the FAs

• Like 1

"But the Anti-Fake News Center Thailand confirmed the CAAT information was accurate."

Which butt did this committee come out from 🤔

Edited by ozvenision

11 hours ago, Saunk said:

Why fly if you are so scared of the virus? Why not do a little research and see that masks on planes don't accomplish anything.  

Please show me from where I can get this information, and how I could get say from Bkk to LHR without flying.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Manu said:

And there was really no one to tell you to prompty get back to your seat and mind on your own ****** business???????

Get used to it, people have had enough of that stupid mask. If you are so scared of covid, you always have the option of staying home where you are safe, away from these terrible unmasked people.

I do not like wearing a mask and think they are pretty useless, but if the rules to fly on an aeroplane say you must wear one, you do it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HighSo said:

No, most people I told said Oooops sorry, and put the mask on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1