News Forum - Police close joints on Khao San Road for selling cannabis without a licence

Thaiger

Police have closed all shops selling cannabis on Khao San Road in Bangkok for operating without a license on a public road. The police told the businesses that selling cannabis wasn’t wrong, but it is illegal without permission to do so. Since cannabis was decriminalised on June 9 and removed from the Public Health Ministry’s narcotics category, cannabis shops have sprouted up on almost every corner of the city. Recently, a video showing a conversation between a cannabis seller and a customer on Khao San Road went viral. The video features a seller rolling a cannabis joint for a customer […]

The story Police close joints on Khao San Road for selling cannabis without a licence as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

THC is very addictive.  The stronger the THC the more damaging to the brain it is.  Good luck with it.  And you thought cigarettes were bad for you.  Also bad enough we have drunk drivers on the road now we have stoners too.

• Angry 1

4 hours ago, ibgort said:

THC is very addictive.  The stronger the THC the more damaging to the brain it is.  Good luck with it.  And you thought cigarettes were bad for you.  Also bad enough we have drunk drivers on the road now we have stoners too.

Any scientific proof to show THC is damaging to the brain? Or are u just parroting some propaganda u heard somewhere. 

• Like 4

KS Road is a den of Vipers. The only place in Thailand where I was invited by a fresh faced pretty girl (I was in my late 20s) to go drink coffee and practice English. She led me through a bar packed with backpackers all watching some pirated popular garbage on a big screen (it was mid afternoon) to a shack, where there was a "party" laid out, dubious bbq something, and Lao khao. "These are my friends" she chirruped, and there were at least 4 Thai scoundrels who looked as evil and ugly as their intent, grinning wolfishly back at me.

In all honesty, I think they wanted more than my swag, probably to drug and sell my pretty-boy white ass into slavery in some desert gay harem. 

I still marvel at how different the girl looked compared to them, you would never suspect butter could melt in her mouth. 

I have never left a place so fast, these MFs made my skin crawl.

KS Rd. Should be raised to the ground, and everyone who lives there sent to Siberia.

This just reads like a propaganda hit piece, no one was outraged lol.
What agenda does the author have I wonder....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Venusianhart said:

KS Road is a den of Vipers. The only place in Thailand where I was invited by a fresh faced pretty girl (I was in my late 20s) to go drink coffee and practice English. She led me through a bar packed with backpackers all watching some pirated popular garbage on a big screen (it was mid afternoon) to a shack, where there was a "party" laid out, dubious bbq something, and Lao khao. "These are my friends" she chirruped, and there were at least 4 Thai scoundrels who looked as evil and ugly as their intent, grinning wolfishly back at me.

In all honesty, I think they wanted more than my swag, probably to drug and sell my pretty-boy white ass into slavery in some desert gay harem. 

I still marvel at how different the girl looked compared to them, you would never suspect butter could melt in her mouth. 

KS Rd. Should be raised to the ground, and everyone who lives there sent to Siberia.

cool story... needs more dragons... 

21 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

By the looks of it they were selling the real deal. Wow!

and why would they not be selling the real deal ?? Matter of fact right now as of today its 100% legal for the guy to sell and he does not have to stop selling, no hawkers license exists for this its a complete legal void matter of fact he could have legally said no and kept selling during this legal climate.
Buds with high THC are perfectly legal right now in this legal void, only extracts must contain under 0.2% THC not flowers...

On 7/1/2022 at 11:00 AM, ibgort said:

What a load of shit, some mothers defiantly do have them...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ConsoleCowboy said:

and why would they not be selling the real deal ?? Matter of fact right now as of today its 100% legal for the guy to sell and he does not have to stop selling, no hawkers license exists for this its a complete legal void matter of fact he could have legally said no and kept selling during this legal climate.
Buds with high THC are perfectly legal right now in this legal void, only extracts must contain under 0.2% THC not flowers...

I may have missed something, but it is not straight across the board legal and there are grey zones that keep it illegal. and no they are relooking at the legalities and grey zones and I presume will tighten up on it.

21 hours ago, Venusianhart said:

Yes I have come across and seen things like this and your story is not far fetched or immaginary. The girl was probably owned or got caught up in something (drugs or videod) by the police and then turned over to handlers and forced as turned out to be a slave making them money. Penalty would even involve their family being brought into it with threats so they just have to do it.. Not going to go into it but was quite common back in the day and still is.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:00 AM, ibgort said:

BS

• Like 1

Not sure about all this!

In my small village a dodgy family have seized the day and now sell small packs of cannabis openly. There is now a steady stream of motorbikes to their house.

What worries me is my small village (and I am pretty sure others will agree) has a very serious alcohol problem, lots of drunk drivers, many smoking addicts, beetlenut chewers and even yaba rears its head occasionally. A 14 year old boy was taken away for selling yaba at school just a week ago. He's home now after dobbing in another neighbour who supplied him.

Now we will also have to contend with people getting off their face on ganga.

I predict big problems ahead.