News Forum - 19 year old Australian falls to his death at a Phuket hotel – VIDEO

Thaiger

22 hours ago, Nivram said:

Sorry to say, he was either on drugs or was plain stupid.

Need additional information from his friend to get a better picture to the story.

Drugs you say?

You may be right, the only drug that induces this level of unwarranted "courage" is of course the legal and glamorous drug ethyl alcohol -in all its various brands and flavours.

But to keep on topic, one of the greatest causes of such unfortunate misadventures is youngsters addiction to social media "likes".

RIP to him, we hope for grace and comfort upon his family and friends.

• Like 1

C'mon you lot, show a bit a compassion, we all did daft things at that age.

*Please note, if any of you are thinking about being a Bereavement Counsellor, don't.*

😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, polymath2002 said:

Cmon guys, you’ve never done anything stupid as a teenager?

A young man died, be respectful for his parents please.

How many times have I read about falangs and falling from buildings.

Its the hotels fault ! Shouldn’t allow falangs above the first floor! 

Historically some falangs apparently fall off these balconies!

Its not safe !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viggen8408 said:

Probably more like pissed out of his mind on alcohol, ten foot tall and bulletproof. Sorry for the family, but...

Yes probably and only 19. For most it takes many years to get your solid alcohol legs.

There was probably camera involved, as in "hold my beer and watch this"!  I guess his dreams of Tiktok fame and fortune have been cut short.

• Like 3

The subject is not 'news' and doesn't really need any debate.  Sxxx happens to young, stupid and unthinking  men and women, we've  all been there at one time or another. Its hardly original and certainly not 'news' in any real sense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

The subject is not 'news' and doesn't really need any debate.  Sxxx happens to young, stupid and unthinking  men and women, we've  all been there at one time or another. Its hardly original and certainly not 'news' in any real sense. 

Sxxx still happens to me, regardless of my age.  Being older simply helps me to deal with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The things these kids do to get on Tik Tok eh.

I blame the Parents for not installing common sense.

I blame social media for encouraging such dangerous stunts.

And I blame Joe Biden for everything. 

Edited by 23RD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, 23RD said:

The things these kids do to get on Tik Tok eh.

I blame the Parents for not installing common sense.

I blame social media for encouraging such dangerous stunts.

And I blame Joe Biden for everything. 

I was about to give you a big LIKE until the last line .... nearly spewed coffee everywhere laughing...🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

So sad for his friends and families, died for maybe a few minutes of tik tok fame possibly alcohol fuelled.

I think everyone has to really think, even though he died early and young, he probably died super happy and that is more than most of us could ever wish for. Split insant and oops, but not an elongated death. Just maybe it was in the books of life for him to pass away early in life. The bummer is his loved ones will hurt the most, that is unless he was a wild child that was really too much and unbearable. who knows but how I see it is he did something stupid that he thought was fun if he wasn't too F-upped, and then died really fast.

11 hours ago, Viggen8408 said:

Probably more like pissed out of his mind on alcohol, ten foot tall and bulletproof. Sorry for the family, but...

Looked fairly sober to me. His balance was fantastic and when he jumped over to the railing,from which he fell,  he was quite nimble. If he had been impaired, he wouldn't have been able to keep his balance as he did.

I expect that his sweaty food slipped off the rounded steel balustrade. Sad, but I don't think this was his first time doing this sort of thing.

Final thoughts on this tragedy.

Alex Honnold has climbed El Capitan, a sheer slab of mountain rock in Yosemite, without ropes or any other safety gear; a terrifying and incredible feat. (Its on you tube if you want to see it.)

But he did safe assisted climbs up that wall dozens of times before that.

He knew where every hand and foothold would be, he even knew the weather, he planned. ahead 

Hopping about on tall untested public structures  that could be loose, broken, or slippery (with bare feet!)  guarantees your life will end before your 20th summer.

Imagine everything he'll never do, just because he did that. Beyond stupid really.  So sad for his fam.

Edited by Venusianhart
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Correct on stupid things. Way too in to things and adventurous and if was a cat I have exceeded my lives 4-5 fold already. Not sure about the young but as I still get into and do things even now in my late 50’s that buck the safe system. But we only live once and if it is my time to go then hopefully it was on the books and not forced out of time. 

Quite agree, we still live life likes it's our last day, only way to be, we don't video it though, definitely don't want the kids and grandkids seeing us getting up to things us oldies advise them them not to do!😇

• Like 1

20 hours ago, riclag said:

Historically some falangs apparently fall off these balconies!

Its not safe !

Some even accidentally fall with clumps of hair clutched in their hands

4 hours ago, Mandy said:

Quite agree, we still live life likes it's our last day, only way to be, we don't video it though, definitely don't want the kids and grandkids seeing us getting up to things us oldies advise them them not to do!😇

Yeah I will settle down when I take my last breathe.

Hmm, important facts left out (again) of official 'news' stories covering a needles tragedy:  What hotel by name? Was there any barrier to prevent one from getting up to where he tightroped the wall and fell? Was he under the influence of alcohol or weed? Just sayin....

• Thanks 1

Barriers?

It is a hotel not a prison.

How high of a barrier would you recommend?

As long as guard rails are high enough to prevent an individual from accidentily falling off the balcony, the hotel did their responsibility for safety.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 1:03 PM, Mandy said:

Most of us did stupid things when we were young, some of us are seriously lucky to be alive, the difference now is, we can read about it due to the Internet

That's true. There but got the grace of God go I .....