Hotel fees

Booking.com (Thailand) show me a total price for the booking. No mention about additional fees.

At the the Hotel we had to pay Tax and Service fees. It happens 2 time. Last time only not a clear answer from Booking.com. Something changed. I think before was different.

Haven't used booking for some time. But I can remember that they had such offers "exclude tax and service charges". They did pop up, every now and then. 

And just did a random search for BKK,  seems to depend on the hotel, if that is a "includes tax and charges" booking, or one that comes with "+THB xxx taxes and charges" (Moewenpick Sukhumvit is one of it!).

But: It stands in the booking offer, most hoyels seem still to be "include"

Name of your  Hotel ?

7 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Haven't used booking for some time. But I can remember that they had such offers "exclude tax and service charges". They did pop up, every now and then. 

And just did a random search for BKK,  seems to depend on the hotel, if that is a "includes tax and charges" booking, or one that comes with "+THB xxx taxes and charges" (Moewenpick Sukhumvit is one of it!).

Name of your  Hotel ?

By the way

Movenpick Suk  is an awesome hotel! And it usually isn't that busy so they usually have very good deals

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

By the way

Movenpick Suk  is an awesome hotel! And it usually isn't that busy so they usually have very good deals

I know, I know

8 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

I know, I know

It was closed for a bit but now re-open

Awesome pool area, good affordable food and great beds/room

17 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Name of your  Hotel ?

In my case it shows only Total. I ask the tell only Total I have to pay. I have to complain against not easy. Not interested. All belongs to Booking. Agoda etc.

Hotel is Novotel Sukhumvit4 Bangkok. 

Before Radisson Residents, Sukhumvit, Bangkok. I complained to Novotel Manager. Told me he takes care. Nothing happens.

17 hours ago, Marc26 said:

By the way

Novotel and Raddison, Sukhumvit, Bangkok 

1 hour ago, Train said:

Vat 7% and  Services charge 10.7%.

Hotel Novotel, Sukhumvit 4 and befor Radisson Residents, Sukhumvit in Bangkok.

Quick check on that:  All offers on booking com are showing surcharges: 

novo.thumb.jpg.6780b336e124bac03804e57320e6ec08.jpg

I checked a Hotel I faces problem before.  And it is included Tax. For me it shows they are changing it from included to none from time to time. This policy is for me not acceptable.

I will make print screen. Why do Hotel Manager's an Booking don't respond to clames?

You can quickly check to see if you've been charged for taxes/service fees via your booking on booking.com, if the break down doesn't include the typical 7% taxes/10% service fees you're likely to get charged that at the hotel on check in. 

1 hour ago, pgsanta said:

You can quickly check to see if you've been charged for taxes/service fees via your booking on booking.com, if the break down doesn't include the typical 7% taxes/10% service fees you're likely to get charged that at the hotel on check in. 

Yesterday we checked in in a big nice Hotel on Kata Beach, Phuket. Thai name.

They charged me 550 Bat less then then shown on Booking for 3 days. No Tax, no Service charged. Nice. The problems are the Big international Hotels in Bangkok. 

18 minutes ago, Train said:

Yesterday we checked in in a big nice Hotel on Kata Beach, Phuket. Thai name.

They charged me 550 Bat less then then shown on Booking for 3 days. No Tax, no Service charged. Nice. The problems are the Big international Hotels in Bangkok. 

Typically you pay more using a booking agency than you do as a walk in customer.

All those great deals is simply window dressing.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, taxes are mandatory charges, and have to be paid if you see them or not.  Every booking on booking.com should show at the very least the 7%VAT, some will also include city taxes (Chiang Mai charges 1% in certain areas of the city).  Service fees are completely made up BS that the hotel tries to snake in on the back end. 

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Typically you pay more using a booking agency than you do as a walk in customer.

All those great deals is simply window dressing.

Not always true, or even usually true.  

The big booking sites (Booking.com, and Agoda are owned by the same parent company Priceline) have a lot of power in the market.  There are basically two different ways they operate with Hotels (Agency vs Merchant models); they either act as an agent and simply pass through reservations to affiliated hotels, or they actually reserve rooms in bulk from affiliated hotels to sell on their own.  Booking.com primarily uses an Agency model, while Agoda is more heavily Merchant model driven.  Both sites often will give you cheaper prices than simply walking into a hotel (especially those operating on a merchant model).  The exceptions are boutique/non affiliated hotels.  

13 minutes ago, pgsanta said:

Not always true, or even usually true.  

The big booking sites (Booking.com, and Agoda are owned by the same parent company Priceline) have a lot of power in the market.  There are basically two different ways they operate with Hotels (Agency vs Merchant models); they either act as an agent and simply pass through reservations to affiliated hotels, or they actually reserve rooms in bulk from affiliated hotels to sell on their own.  Booking.com primarily uses an Agency model, while Agoda is more heavily Merchant model driven.  Both sites often will give you cheaper prices than simply walking into a hotel (especially those operating on a merchant model).  The exceptions are boutique/non affiliated hotels.  

I can only go by experience. Go into a hotel and ask for the price of a room. Then check the same room on an agency site.

Walk in is always cheaper.