News Forum - Tourist in Chon Buri gets car damaged after parking in someone’s usual spot

Thaiger

A tourist in Chon Buri’s Sri Racha District was in for a nasty shock earlier this week when he parked his car on Koh Loy island. The tourist, 29 year old Chutiphong Thongmee, had parked his car there before boarding a ferry to another island. When Chutiphong returned from his day trip, he was horrified to discover that his car was badly scratched, and the tires were deflated. After running some errands, Chutiphong came back to file a report at the Sri Racha Police Station the next day, June 27. Chutiphong said that according to locals, the spot where he […]

The story Tourist in Chon Buri gets car damaged after parking in someone’s usual spot as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

From the full story :

” But there was somewhat of a happy ending when the two parties shook hands after the incident and agreed not to fight. “

Could it be that neither party had ten of their mates with them so felt combat was futile ??

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

From the full story :

” But there was somewhat of a happy ending when the two parties shook hands after the incident and agreed not to fight. “

Could it be that neither party had ten of their mates with them so felt combat was futile ??

If they both had 'backup' I can imagine the result: "Your tyres are flatter than my tyres. Your scratches are deeper than mine."

Or perhaps it should be, "I'm more immature than you."

Happens all the time here, there was an article not so long ago about a man parking outside somebody's shop on a public highway and when he returned his tyres had been slashed. 

Some Thais think that they own the road and the side walk as well as the shop.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Happens all the time here, there was an article not so long ago about a man parking outside somebody's shop on a public highway and when he returned his tyres had been slashed. 

Don't they?

• Haha 1

Years ago, if you tried to park beach side Patong you would have severe problems as all spaces were owned. One time I had just parked the rented bike to use the ATM and as soon as I turned around and looked some a-wipe was already on the bike and moving it. Now with the rented jeep I had before the same but you were instantly confronted by the parking this in our space mafia. 

Article Quote: Chutiphong stressed that this behaviour would destroy Sri Racha’s reputation, and urged officials to put up a clear sign to warn unfamiliar tourists not to park there.

Now this is pure nonsense and the police should go to better lenghts to catch the thug. They have no right to that space more than anyone else. They should either designate it as a drop off delivery space or make one for the thugs. But they need to make examples of these thugs by setting a scene up for the one after the other who does this destruction and cart them off to jail for a week or two. No room in this world for a-wipes like this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Years ago, if you tried to park beach side Patong you would have severe problems as all spaces were owned. One time I had just parked the rented bike to use the ATM and as soon as I turned around and looked some a-wipe was already on the bike and moving it. Now with the rented jeep I had before the same but you were instantly confronted by the parking this in our space mafia. 

Article Quote: Chutiphong stressed that this behaviour would destroy Sri Racha’s reputation, and urged officials to put up a clear sign to warn unfamiliar tourists not to park there.

Now this is pure nonsense and the police should go to better lenghts to catch the thug. They have no right to that space more than anyone else. They should either designate it as a drop off delivery space or make one for the thugs. But they need to make examples of these thugs by setting a scene up for the one after the other who does this destruction and cart them off to jail for a week or two. No room in this world for a-wipes like this.

I had a MB in BKK last month and was meeting a friend in soi 4

I pulled up and parked on the street, along with many bikes, in front of a big Indian restaurant

One of the Indians guys said I couldn't park there unless I was eating at the restauant

I told him to "f off' and walked off

I did worry, however, they might scratch my bike..........but they didn't

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I had a MB in BKK last month and was meeting a friend in soi 4

I pulled up and parked on the street, along with many bikes, in front of a big Indian restaurant

One of the Indians guys said I couldn't park there unless I was eating at the restauant

I told him to "f off' and walked off

I did worry, however, they might scratch my bike..........but they didn't

For some reason that scenario doesn’t worry me with them. Thai would be a different story though. 

59 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

For some reason that scenario doesn’t worry me with them. Thai would be a different story though. 

Yeah we got my wife's Aunt new Honda Civic all keyed simply because I was a farang going to a Thai disco in SIngburi

Parked in the parking lot, we never had any words with anyone but obviously someone didn't like there was a farang in the car and keyed when we came out

Many moons ago

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Yeah we got my wife's Aunt new Honda Civic all keyed simply because I was a farang going to a Thai disco in SIngburi

Parked in the parking lot, we never had any words with anyone but obviously someone didn't like there was a farang in the car and keyed when we came out

Many moons ago

That is not surprising one bit. Thai male unevolved jealous ego. Just got one the other day as I was buying dinner outside for my family who just got vaccine booster shots. Bought soup then quickly stopped at an off scale small market that has a Thai man selling BBQ. We buy there all the time. I was there first and then was talking and joking with the BBQ guy (in Thai) and bought some of his tasty chicken bone pcs and chicken butt skewers. Just some extra little morsels for the family to have with the soup and the scraps of those scraps end up in our dogs mouths. This early 20's Thai kid who was with his girlfriend gave me an angry look of white foreinger why you here. My wife made a joke that said, maybe he was upset that he saw a foreinger buying the cheapest scraps one could purchase. We all laughed. But the atitude is out there for sure. Funny thing is his girlfriend didn't even notice his anger and had a pleasant happy face on her. Maybe the tipper was when I opened my stuffed wallet to sift to only pull out 80 baht? I actually didn't hink anything of it, but you never know.

On 6/29/2022 at 11:55 AM, Marble-eye said:

Indeed. Mafia / Taxis / Shops the worst. One reason I rarely drive a car here. 
Happens everywhere though. Humans evolved early on to be highly territorial even over land legally & obviously not theirs ! 😡😞

South China Sea atoll anyone ?🤣or Falkland Islands 1500 kms from Argentina who were absent there for 200 years too…. no, it’s still mine !!🤣🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Thai male unevolved jealous ego.

an angry look of white foreinger why you here.

opened my stuffed wallet to sift

Can't blame him. He probably just thought you were an arrogant c**t.

22 minutes ago, Scribble said:

Can't blame him. He probably just thought you were an arrogant c**t.

I bet you are the life of the party. Not! I just happend to have a bunch of receipts and cash that day and the guy doesn't like foreigners. Wonder what he would think of you! 

• Haha 1