News Forum - 3 year old one of several Thai children recovering from cannabis-related incidents

Thaiger

The Royal College of Paediatricians of Thailand and the Paediatrics Society of Thailand has reported a spate of serious health-threatening, cannabis-related cases involving a 3 year old child and several other children. Only last week Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt revealed his fears for the health and safety of Thailand’s children after the decriminalisation of cannabis on June 9 while a number of health experts also voiced their concerns. Asst. Prof. Dr Opass Putcharoen, chief of the Emerging Infectious Disease Clinical Centre at Chulalongkorn Hospital, announced on Facebook yesterday that a 3 year old girl ate part of a cookie, containing […]

The story 3 year old one of several Thai children recovering from cannabis-related incidents as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This reporting is crazy. I’m sure this happened at some time before legalization so why would it be news now? I supposed the kid’s parents leave their prescription meds and yaabaa laying around too. And let their kid play with poisons and other household chemicals 😕

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, chalk up the 3 year old getting sick to bad parenting. And it seems like all the others are child with prior psychology issues (e.g., blaming weed although they've not taken their psych meds for 2 weeks, etc.). Just remember correlation does not imply causation. 

• Like 4

Though I do not use can avis (or other things that are classified as (semi) illegal drugs, I do believe that this is a bs statement ( the Pinocchio picture at the beginning of the article is appropriate although I understand that writing an article is not the same as thinking it is the truth).

Yes a child (or grown up) might get sleepy and or relaxed  or moody but that is a normal sign.  I get the same from a heavy good meal.

When I worked in a psychiatric hospital before moving to Thailand I once had a patient that got psychotic from "weed"   and did terrible things, how ever in those 14 years that I worked there I had several patients with korsakoff and extremely violent behavior from alcohol abuse. Most patients I encountered that did marihuana were docile and kind of stuck in there teenage years.

I am certainly not advocating using drugs but be aware coffee is also a drug and alcohol does a lot more damage to society then weed.

Richard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RichardR said:

Though I do not use can avis (or other things that are classified as (semi) illegal drugs, I do believe that this is a bs statement ( the Pinocchio picture at the beginning of the article is appropriate although I understand that writing an article is not the same as thinking it is the truth).

Yes a child (or grown up) might get sleepy and or relaxed  or moody but that is a normal sign.  I get the same from a heavy good meal.

When I worked in a psychiatric hospital before moving to Thailand I once had a patient that got psychotic from "weed"   and did terrible things, how ever in those 14 years that I worked there I had several patients with korsakoff and extremely violent behavior from alcohol abuse. Most patients I encountered that did marihuana were docile and kind of stuck in there teenage years.

I am certainly not advocating using drugs but be aware coffee is also a drug and alcohol does a lot more damage to society then weed.

Richard

Can avis should of course be cannabis. It's a type

So now the demonising starts from these bozo people and quacks farting in the wind. I hope they also try to inform people that drinking rubbing alcohol and sniffing glue is not good for you even though it is legal to buy.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RichardR said:

Though I do not use can avis (or other things that are classified as (semi) illegal drugs,

Can you explain what 'avis' is please?

I did try searching, but could only find reference to the car hire company.

Every single one of these stories has the ring of lies about them. These moral panic clowns don't know what they don't know about weed to the extent that the average stoner can see the contradictions a mile away. Where there are no outright contradictions, the "cases" are far from serious. What a woeful rear guard action by the drug warriors. 

3 hours ago, HiuMak said:

a lot of food now has cannabis content. Read the label

Yes, you might die if you're not careful! 🤪🤡

5 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Can you explain what 'avis' is please?

I did try searching, but could only find reference to the car hire company.

4 hours ago, HiuMak said:

a lot of food now has cannabis content. Read the label

Has more impact for ruffage and creating a great bowel movement if they use the whole leaf.