Covid UPDATE Sunday: 3,995 new cases and 42 deaths

Thaiger

For Sunday the public health department have announced another 3,995 new infections and 42 Covid-related deaths. Only 45 more cases were detected in Thai prisons, a shapers drop off from a few weeks ago when the daily cases from prisons were in the 100s. The main outbreaks around Thailand are occurring in the capital, adjoining provinces, and provinces directly to the east (including Chon Buri), southern Thailand, principally in the deep southern border provinces. Even Phang Nga, directly north from Phuket, recorded 38 new cases yesterday. Today’s announcement of provincial totals will be published after lunchtime. • Today and tomorrow […]

The post Covid UPDATE Sunday: 3,995 new cases and 42 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is getting worse and worse. I thought after a few weeks maybe a month things would slow down in Thailand after Songkran. But clearly this is going to keep increasing for a long time.  I hate that Aust is so locked down etc. but until a few months ago Thailand had far less cases and deaths than in Aust, but now Thailand is way ahead in numbers. Until vaccinations here are at 70-80% and new cases are rare, it looks like I will be stuck in Aust for a long time. 

Maybe the Thaiger could start posting the Thai Road Toll statistics again. I would say they are now just about on a comparable daily footing with COVID19.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Maybe the Thaiger could start posting the Thai Road Toll statistics again. I would say they are now just about on a comparable daily footing with COVID19.

That is an unfair comparison there is no vaccine for stupid

• Haha 2
  • Cool 2

7 hours ago, triplebogey said:

That is an unfair comparison there is no vaccine for stupid

There is also no vaccine for IN ACCURATE numbers which always the case here regardless of traffic or covid reporting .. ;)

6 minutes ago, ozvenision said:

There is also no vaccine for IN ACCURATE numbers which always the case here regardless of traffic or covid reporting .. ;)

No, but they learn how to report correctly by first training in the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT). From there they take a more imaginative position in one of the Thai government ministries.

4000 new cases of Covid a day, with hospitals nearly full, and they expect foreign tourists to come pouring in ? There is a major outbreak of delusion in Thailand.

• Haha 1

seems situation getting serious, wonder why no postponement on visa extenstion and 90 day report for expats as before when the situation is much less severe?

Chonburi's governor/administrator should resign. Horribly bad job! No excuse for the large number of cases! They also refused to disallow Bankok people for coming in spreading the virus! It is like no one is in charge with any brains! Sad!

• Like 1