Multiple business associations oppose lack of Bangkok lockdown

Thaiger

After the government announced yesterday a one-month closure of construction camps, the Federation of Thai Industries and many other business associations complained that the action was too weak. The FTI and other business groups believe that a full lockdown is necessary to control Covid-19 outbreaks in Bangkok and half-measures like this are ineffective at best. The federation is one of many business groups expressing frustration with the government’s failure to bring the Covid-19 pandemic’s third wave under control in Thailand and not imposing a lockdown now. The chairman of FTI said the targeted closures won’t help overall infections, as the […]

The post Multiple business associations oppose lack of Bangkok lockdown appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Let them recommend or force the businesses belonging to their organizations to close/lockdown and provide the businesses and their employees their incomes. Simple....ain't gonna happen.

• Like 1

Target the hotspots, especially the construction camps and crowded businesses and markets. Leave the parks open. Covid doesn't like sunshine and open spaces. With access to outdoor activities, people can exercise and be healthier to fight off the virus and grow herd immunity.

• Like 2

Yea and what about the businesses who oppose it, I'm sure there are at least twice as many who need to stay open and aren't afraid of catching the chinese flu.

• Cool 1

Sure lockdown and keep doing year after year as if not enough business has closed, Until may more close then they might change their minds same as the idea people have keeping everything closed to be safe as if you can hide from this virus forever.

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

Too late to do lockdown anyway.  And if they did try to lockdown, then many Thais would leave and go to other Provinces - spreading it even more than Songkran did. Western people are very much 'stuck' where we live and work, but Thais and most SEAsian people, can easily move to another location for as long as they like. 

5 hours ago, Aldaz said:

Target the hotspots, especially the construction camps and crowded businesses and markets. Leave the parks open. Covid doesn't like sunshine and open spaces. With access to outdoor activities, people can exercise and be healthier to fight off the virus and grow herd immunity.

Fair comment!

Hello, Aldaz and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton 

41 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Did they just shut all restaurants again and for 30 days this time? 

yes along with closing malls early and a few other restrictions. Pretty much rolling back what they opened up a few weeks ago. Good luck to those who were planning on going to Bangkok after their 14 night stay in Phuket. I would be surprised if these restrictions are lifted after 30 days. 

19 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

yes along with closing malls early and a few other restrictions. Pretty much rolling back what they opened up a few weeks ago. Good luck to those who were planning on going to Bangkok after their 14 night stay in Phuket. I would be surprised if these restrictions are lifted after 30 days. 

May I ask again, please? Are markets still open? 

From what I can see it is the high concentration of close-quarter-living/working conditions among lower paid, mainly immigrant labour where covid spreads easily and fast.  Nightclubs and bars also due to close contact.   Close down all those and vaccinate/educate everyone in the former group about hygiene and mask use.   Leave the rest of Bangkok open.

For an idea how some of the big factories in and around BKK house their workers, watch the video [WARNING: graphic footage may put you off seafood]   Video will start at 23.00

• Like 1

The Bangkok Sandbox has started before Phuket. Travellers can now see how they will be treated, ring fenced with just as much to do for a month.  ….. interesting to see if these migrants to Bangkok just don’t build a tunnel and bypass the army and police (as they are doing a superb job on the borders). And if they are guarding here, who is looking for those coming across the border? 

3 hours ago, Toffeeman said:

Please open the swimming pool I need it

Yeah . . . don't we all!

Hello, Toffeeman and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Here here, now were talking, it makes sense to do this and yes pay peoples salaries . Yes it's hurting but every country the same. Situation needs to be addressed more quickly

• Like 1

I'm getting so tired of this bs. Just turn off the media and see if the virus is still as bad as they say it is. They have caught several people in the USA who lied about the virus, so why wouldn't they lie about how bad it is?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

"They remind that it will hurt the economy in the short term, but getting Covid-19 under control will help the long-term economy immeasurably." I guess 2 years of lockdown is considered short term. These are the same people that are also planning a long term lock down.  It's funny how these people are basically saying that they don't care about anyone except themselves. But no one seems to catch that. They just told everyone in Thailand that they want a lock down because it doesn't affect their life. Sound like Hi-so to me. I also wonder who is endorsing these lockdown where everyone is forced to be 100% dependent on the government. What is the only country in the world that can actually survive permanently locking down and giving it's citizens a salary. In exchange for all your basic human rights. I guess that country already started the World War 5 years ahead of schedule. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Anticovid said:

"They remind that it will hurt the economy in the short term, but getting Covid-19 under control will help the long-term economy immeasurably." I guess 2 years of lockdown is considered short term. These are the same people that are also planning a long term lock down.  It's funny how these people are basically saying that they don't care about anyone except themselves. But no one seems to catch that. They just told everyone in Thailand that they want a lock down because it doesn't affect their life. Sound like Hi-so to me. I also wonder who is endorsing these lockdown where everyone is forced to be 100% dependent on the government. What is the only country in the world that can actually survive permanently locking down and giving it's citizens a salary. In exchange for all your basic human rights. I guess that country already started the World War 5 years ahead of schedule. 

Quite a mixed bag of views and observations there in your fascinating debut post.

Hello, Anticovid and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

Have they not realized that lockdowns have the opposite of the intended result.  Locking people down forces them to migrate back home (b/c can't afford rent) and/or congregate in close quarters and actually increases the spread (of a relatively harmless chinese flu).  Lockdowns are smart!