News Forum - Thai Health Minister Anutin tests positive for Covid-19

Thaiger

The Thai Deputy PM and Minister of Public Health, Anutin Charnvirakul, has tested positive for Covid-19 after arriving back from a UNAIDS meeting in Geneva, Switzerland. The minister was reported to have only mild symptoms at this time as he had already completed 6 doses of Covid vaccine. Autin and other authorities from the Ministry of Public Health, Foreign Affairs, Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau, and Phuket Provincial Governor had joined the BIE 170th General Assembly in Paris between June 19 – 20. Then, the group travelled to Geneva to join the meeting with The Joint United Nations Program on […]

The story Thai Health Minister Anutin tests positive for Covid-19 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 minutes ago, palooka said:

Amazing how little things can really make your day.

Made my day ?

Made my week, Som Nam Na A Nut In, how many doses of vaccine have you had and still you can get Covid. 555

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Maybe after he gets over it quickly and with minimal fuss, he'll realise it's time for Thailand to fear the virus a lot less and move on, like most of the world has already done.

• Like 5

Let's hope it doesn't decide to mutate in him and it's named BS -0 A-Wipe. But let's hope all is ok as he plays doctor and takes care of himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rc1 said:

Maybe after he gets over it quickly and with minimal fuss, he'll realise it's time for Thailand to fear the virus a lot less and move on, like most of the world has already done.

Favipiravir ,the anti viral drug that they administered for covid infections here has a significant affect imop! 

• Like 2

“At the moment it is winter in Europe and farang come to Thailand to hide from the disease. Many farang dress dirty and don’t shower. As hosts we have to be very careful.”

Thanks for the writer of this article to remind us about this, obviously we all forgot...

he had already completed 6 doses of Covid vaccine.

Another covid record for Thailand: the most covid vaccinated man in the world.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Timeline seems a bit suspicious though. He returned on 20 June. Isn’t today 28th June? 

He returned 26th June.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Faz said:

He returned 26th June.

You’re right. I missed that paragraph. 

But now that I’m re-reading it, it appears he travelled back to Thailand while he was sick. And if he tested positive when he got back by ATK he had probably been sick for a couple days already. 

So now we know who brought the new variants in. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Oh the explanation in BP is so rich:

He believed he caught the virus during the trip as he had met many people who were not wearing face masks. While making speeches and chairing meetings he also had to take off his mask”

Oh yes he HAD to take off his mask 😂 Presumably he ate dinner with his mask on though. 

• Haha 1

So along comes his personal Physician who prescribes plenty of mango ice cream, a big bar of chocolate, a wife or 2 and a long lie down.

So if he got off a plane he would be waived straight through with no testing, yet a unvaccinated person would have to do a test. This exposes the lunacy of the measures still implemented.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dialemco said:

What is the average dosage of Covid vaccinations in Thailand 6 appears very high. 

A  few of those don't really qualify as they were the Chinese garbage which is useless as ZJP is finally realizing in China.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Transam said:

You're a Doctor, insider info...? 🤔

In the article it says ,Hit hard hit early with antivirals.  The next time I get infected they’ll be no hesitation ! Only prescribed by  Dr’s in Thailand and other countries.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971220322736

I thought  3 vax shots alone would Help me ,Therapeutics could help to alleviate and lessen  some of the dreaded pain  and effects that come with Covid  infection ,it helped me  imop 

What would have really made me chuckle is if he came back to Thailand with monkeypox 🤣 

<frivolous pic removed>

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines

21 hours ago, Manu said:

Thanks for the writer of this article to remind us about this, obviously we all forgot...

Another covid record for Thailand: the most covid vaccinated man in the world.

He is trying to match his vax count to the number of designer watches he has been 'loaned'... still a few to go...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1