News Forum - Thai man jailed for rape in London massage parlour

Thaiger

London Metropolitan Police is appealing for more women to come forward after a Thai massage therapist was jailed for 11 years for rape and sexual assault of two women. Kensington-based Mongkhon Thopwan was sentenced on Friday after being convicted on March 21 of 5 counts of assault by penetration, and one count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without their consent, following a six-day trial.  The court heard from two women Kate and Molly (not their real names) that Thopwan had on two separate occasions, seven months apart, sexually assaulted them.  Kate said the attack was like […]

The story Thai man jailed for rape in London massage parlour as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

"Given the nature of his work, it was completely absurd he had still been practicing."

welcome to thai soul the absurd strange and mysterious 

What a confusing story. Assault by penetration and causing a person to engage in sexual activity without their consent. Could that please be translated in something I can understand. I understand the concept of rape or drugging someone to abuse them. None of those seem to be the case here however. I don't even want to speculate on what happened and under what circumstances these "acts" took place, but I would like to understand.

7 hours ago, Donald said:

What a confusing story. Assault by penetration and causing a person to engage in sexual activity without their consent. Could that please be translated in something I can understand. I understand the concept of rape or drugging someone to abuse them. None of those seem to be the case here however. I don't even want to speculate on what happened and under what circumstances these "acts" took place, but I would like to understand.

The explanation is in the story surely ? 

There is no need to ‘speculate’ exactly what happened again it’s in the article - did I read a different one ? 

4 hours ago, 23RD said:

Well it seems like nobody got a Happy Ending from this case then.

Wow - 2 victims raped but let’s take the piss - classy! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Wow - 2 victims raped but let’s take the piss - classy! 

Sorry Mr Sensitivity would you like a box of tissues or an emotional support animal with that?.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Sorry Mr Sensitivity would you like a box of tissues or an emotional support animal with that?.

The point he was making is that rape in these circumstances is a serious event. Your comment drips with misogyny. You ridicule the gentleman because he has a moral compass and empathy for the young women who have been seriously injured. I doubt that you would you have been as cavalier if the victims were 19 year old male  US soldiers who were raped.

Edited by Vigo
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Nope - just perhaps an admission that you find rape funny ? 

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

The explanation is in the story surely ? 

There is no need to ‘speculate’ exactly what happened again it’s in the article - did I read a different one ? 

Okay, just in case I missed something I read the article twice over. There is nothing that answers my question. Where these woman raped ? How can they be raped twice ? Because that is what it says twice within seven months. So instead of making patronizing statements just fill in the bits I don't understand with your own words.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donald said:

Okay, just in case I missed something I read the article twice over. There is nothing that answers my question. Where these woman raped ? How can they be raped twice ? Because that is what it says twice within seven months. So instead of making patronizing statements just fill in the bits I don't understand with your own words.

I sort of took it that these gals froze up to a point? But it did say penetration but how far as just being a tip? Then one went along with it and then felt violated?  

10 hours ago, Donald said:

Did you mean to say ‘were’ these women raped ? As the charges were penetration I’m going to say yes. 

As for the rest I don’t know why you’re struggling, one woman was raped/assaulted and a second woman seven months later was raped/assaulted. Presumably the other 3 didn’t give evidence. Unless the article has been changed it doesn’t say the same woman was raped/assaulted twice.