News Forum - Thailand to be “post pandemic” this week, not endemic

Thaiger

Post-pandemic or endemic? As Covid-19 is now projected to affect only small to medium sized slices of the population going forward, the Public Health Ministry will declare Thailand to be in post-pandemic mode from this Friday, according to health permanent secretary Kiattiphum Wongrajit. July 1 coincides with the abolition of the Thailand Pass pre-travel digital gateway for overseas visitors, along with the compulsory health insurance called at US$10,000. “We will keep to our schedule to announce a post-pandemic era on July 1. And what we expect to see is only small or medium clusters that will not do any harm […]

The story Thailand to be “post pandemic” this week, not endemic as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If ya thought the emergency decree would be gone July 1 , think again ! They reinvented the wheel, so to speak , post pandemic declaration.Still alive !

• Like 3

Followed by post- post pandemic then post- post- post pandemic,  he'll get that decree to the next elections don't worry.

• Like 3

Anything to maintain strict control over the people. On another note I saw a girl in a Pattaya bar wearing a tee shirt that said F*** payute 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, riclag said:

If ya thought the emergency decree would be gone July 1 , think again ! They reinvented the wheel, so to speak , post pandemic declaration.Still alive !

I understand the decree will expire on July 31 and that was decided upon on May 20. Whether it will be extended beyond July 31 will be decided on July 15, at the next big CCSA meeting.

My fear is the government will continue to extend it as long as they can, but maybe, if things go well, we might be in for a pleasant surprise and they won't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, palooka said:

Followed by post- post pandemic then post- post- post pandemic,  he'll get that decree to the next elections don't worry.

I think that while most measures will disappear July 1, the remaining ones won't until August 1 at the earliest, depending on what is decided at the big CCSA meeting on July 15.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, palooka said:

Don't forget the pre endemic period. 😂

• Like 3

In thai vocabulary Post Pandemic being Pre Endemic, waiting for Post Endemic...to be living like Pre Pandemic. Simple...

Edited by TeddY

I can understand why the government/Junta has decided on 'post-pandemic' rather than 'endemic'. Quit3e simple really; the sheeple are more inclined to identify that the government and befriend it has been involved with a 'pandemic' rather than a word they do not understand.

15 hours ago, Highlandman said:

I think that while most measures will disappear July 1, the remaining ones won't until August 1 at the earliest, depending on what is decided at the big CCSA meeting on July 15.

Are there going to be any significant measures remaining in place after July 1st anyway? Most of the ones that affect daily life and travel into the country seem to have either gone or will be gone on 1st July.

The emergency decree will be extended on the basis that the new sub variants may cause a problem and the WHO hasn't declared covid endemic. Convenient reasons for a more sinister purpose perhaps.

Anyway, as long as they don't cancel my visa, who am I to complain?

• Like 2