Latest info for arriving in Phuket from July 1 – Sandbox update

Thaiger

The problem is they only refund your hotel when you get a positiv result, but you have to stay in this so called hospitels and they can charge a lot as happened also to Thais. And to think this is covered then read again the insurance policies. And there is no clearing yet about that at the moment.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ukcarer said:

What is the situation with a fully vaccinated parent travelling with a 16 year old unvaccinated child to Phuket?

From Article 1, para 3.

-

Must be vaccinated as recognised in Thailand, 2 doses (according to vaccine type) at least 14 days before travel and have a document certifying vaccination (Vaccine Certificate). Children under 6 years old can travel with their parents.

-

looks like EVERYONE over the age of 6 years old is required to be vaccinated. BUT this could change with the publishing of the Sandbox rules in the Gazette (which prey tell has yet to occur).

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2021 at 2:31 PM, Ukcarer said:

What is the situation with a fully vaccinated parent travelling with a 16 year old unvaccinated child to Phuket?

Judging from the stipulations set-out in the Thaiger News full report, heading this thread, only children under 6 will be allowed into Phuket without full vaccination.

Hello, Ukcarer and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

That's just crazy. I think alot of people with children over 6 won't be travelling to Phuket then. Vaccinations in the UK are only for children over 18.

I am in the USA ow fully vaccinated, but retire in the LOS winters.

1. Can retirees (Non imm O) enter the sandbox or only tourist visa?

2. Prior to my Samui departure to the USA, the required covid test cost 5500thb! Certainly a scam happening!

Also the person that performed the test stuck that stick up my nostrils way too deep and far too long...actually hurting me.

inexperienced!

4X5500=22000thb!

3. Please provide the matrix on the Samui entry.

Nothing on the USA Thai embassy site yet about entry.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Stardust said:

The problem is they only refund your hotel when you get a positiv result, but you have to stay in this so called hospitels and they can charge a lot as happened also to Thais. And to think this is covered then read again the insurance policies. And there is no clearing yet about that at the moment.

And the "hospitels" will *not* be covered by your insurance.

2 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

2. Prior to my Samui departure to the USA, the required covid test cost 5500thb! Certainly a scam happening!

Also the person that performed the test stuck that stick up my nostrils way too deep and far too long...actually hurting me.

inexperienced!

4X5500=22000thb!

BTW nothing on the USA Thai embassy site yet about entry.

1) Yes, 2) That's what's supposed to happen. If they don't hit the back wall of your nasal pharynx they don't get a good sample. That's *much* higher than the cost in BKK in January but about on par with last September. 3) Hasn't been fully decided but the proposal is 3 days of full quarantine, 4 days of sealed-route travel on the island, then rest of 14 days open to Samui, Pha Ngan, and Tao. No other details, yet...

14 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

inexperienced!

4X5500=22000thb!

Nothing on the USA Thai embassy site yet about entry.

Since you're retired, wouldn't you be better off and more worry-free by waiting for the sandbox dilemma and the entire LOS Covid uncertainties to become history?

Hello, Nowhereman and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

Whys is Thailand listed in the High Risk Countries released by the Thai Government.?   So Thai;s cannot enter the Sandbox either?  

There is an announcement on the COE Thailand website that registration for the sandbox scheme will be open from 12.00 on Monday 28.06. ie. today.

It is now 13.30 Thai time. The announcement is still there but still no possibility to register

35 minutes ago, Bonanzo said:

There is an announcement on the COE Thailand website that registration for the sandbox scheme will be open from 12.00 on Monday 28.06. ie. today.

It is now 13.30 Thai time. The announcement is still there but still no possibility to register

That is because as of yet the Phuket Sandbox law has not been posted in the Royal Gazette to make it law. Obviously bigger fish to fry in Bangkok at this time.

• Like 1

I noticed in the Thaiger Talk calendar there is no Phuket Sandbox listed on July 1st.

An omission or are the team at the Thaiger less confident than Bill Barnet.

Thank you AdvocatusDiaboli, we only introduced the calendar recently and I will add on the Phuket Sandbox.

Thai nationals will be required to have insurance to enter via the sandbox. US Embassy site has same info but not with the pretty graphic London Tweeted...

photo_2021-06-28_08-55-35.jpg

• Like 1

Thai officials must be full of covid bugs in their mind if they think that someone can go on to a sandbox procedure?

3 tests? Doesn't make sense when you are already double vaccinated. Somebody wants to make money on it. 

• Like 1

For those of us trying to get COEs, the incompetence has been epic. 

• Last week embassies said to apply via the COE website, get a pre approval and then complete the process of uploading hotel and flight confirmations on Monday. Many did. Those who were pre approved last week received a rejection notice Monday and had to begin again because the "applying for sandbox" button (which didn't exist on the original version) wasn't checked.
  • After reapplying some got a second pre approval while others (like me) are waiting. When completing the final step of adding SHA+ hotel and flight proof, rejections arrived again.
  • This time it was due to an unknown new requirement of pre paying for required Covid tests in Phuket. Tourists nor hotels knew nothing about it and there is no information of how and where to prepay. 
  • People traveling from North America and hoping to arrive July 1 are scheduled to boarding planes in the next 24 hours, but Thai officials have made it impossible to get a COE. 
  • 2067080969_PCRtestfees.thumb.jpg.52d6511df0775c3f5d2bc87ee3be6017.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Cool 2

3 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

For those of us trying to get COEs, the incompetence has been epic. 

• Last week embassies said to apply via the COE website, get a pre approval and then complete the process of uploading hotel and flight confirmations on Monday. Many did. Those who were pre approved last week received a rejection notice Monday and had to begin again because the "applying for sandbox" button (which didn't exist on the original version) wasn't checked.
  • After reapplying some got a second pre approval while others (like me) are waiting. When completing the final step of adding SHA+ hotel and flight proof, rejections arrived again.
  • This time it was due to an unknown new requirement of pre paying for required Covid tests in Phuket. Tourists nor hotels knew nothing about it and there is no information of how and where to prepay. 
  • People traveling from North America and hoping to arrive July 1 are scheduled to boarding planes in the next 24 hours, but Thai officials have made it impossible to get a COE. 
  • 2067080969_PCRtestfees.thumb.jpg.52d6511df0775c3f5d2bc87ee3be6017.jpg

Wow this is epic. They want a receipt for the tests but no have a system for the deposit. They really do everything nobody can come. Thailand shows the world the champions of incompetent clowns.

• Cool 1

I thought that the covid tests would be covered as part of a hotels SHA+ certification.

I sent your pic to my hotel and asked for clarification.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

• This was posted today at the Royal Thai Embassy website in Canada.  Nothing is really new and unexpected except for the requirement of a direct flight to Phuket. This will be problematic.  They made no mention of paying in advance for the Covid tests while in Phuket.

0001_1.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 1:20 AM, Lcitaly said:

Thai officials must be full of covid bugs in their mind if they think that someone can go on to a sandbox procedure?

3 tests? Doesn't make sense when you are already double vaccinated. Somebody wants to make money on it. 

Yes . . . welcome to Thailand!

Hello, Lcitaly and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 8:45 AM, 2Lotus2 said:

I thought that the covid tests would be covered as part of a hotels SHA+ certification.

I sent your pic to my hotel and asked for clarification.

Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah . . . T-T forumites are good like that!

Hello, 2Lotus2 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton