News Forum - South Thailand’s Muslim leaders reject weed, liquor, and same-sex partnerships

Thaiger

1 minute ago, oldschooler said:

and the most fanatic violent & murderous …..no Christian suicide murderers……

Some yes, but by no means all of them, by a very big margin.

To further address your post & not wanting to stray from the thread topic, the IRA certainly had a darn good go.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

In the case of this lot, absolutely. No evidence of free will or minds of their own. 😩

Again, just more of the the same bigoted views....a broken clock does tell the right time twice a day indeed....😆😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All of these self-righteous and supercilious comments.  Way to go, guys, criticizing the people who are against getting stoned, getting drunk, and committing sodomy.  

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

Some yes, but by no means all of them, by a very big margin.

To further address your post & not wanting to stray from the thread topic, the IRA certainly had a darn good go.

It’s only the radicals that matter. surveys find consistently that around 75% Muslims are in favour of radical Islam in all its forms. Which might explain why they do nothing about the fanatics in their midst. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, JMJM said:

All of these self-righteous and supercilious comments.  Way to go, guys, criticizing the people who are against getting stoned, getting drunk, and committing sodomy.  

That was the point of my “ broken clock “ comment. But you’ll not find Muslims protesting about child bride rape or executing gays or blasphemy / honor killings, all condoned by them, which are way more serious issues of abuse. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

It’s only the radicals that matter. surveys find consistently that around 75% Muslims are in favour of radical Islam in all its forms. Which might explain why they do nothing about the fanatics in their midst. 

What surveys be these then?

😆😆😆 That's hilarious really. You don't really believe this stuff do you?

Did you have some bad experience in your past??

In my experience of the Muslims I work with, about half of them drink given the chance so that's your 75% gone straight away!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, oldschooler said:

no Christian suicide murderers…

And no school/mass shootings with the inevitable suicide by cop ending? Same same but different. If everyone condemned the majority for the actions of a minority the KKK would be as popular as the NRA. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Stick to managing their own kind??

Isn't Thailand the land of the free?

If they want to pass comment on the laws of the country, why can't they?

Can only men comment on laws that affect them?

Can only drivers comment on laws that affect them?

Can only fruit eaters comment on laws that affect them?

Thailand is supposed to be a democracy no? (Junta notwithstanding)

You don't have to listen to them and you're free to ignore them, just as we can all ignore Anutin etc etc, or the local PooYai Bahn. 

Yes of course, just as I am free to comment as long as I stay within the guidelines. These are the supposed representatives and only for in the hostile renegade South, but I will call them handlers or religious police. Point is they are creating their groups public dissent and my last point of my post was a hidden means to step up their insurgency as gain more support. To me it looks to be not about these 3 draft bills but has another underlying tone. They have their sharia already if they want to keep the sheep in line. I have some Muslim friends and they are not bothered by these 3 draft bills (could care less) and are quite upstanding and devout to what their religious fundamentals are. 
Just because you live or “work” in a Muslim country and either like it or tolerate it doesn’t make you the mouth piece for them. I would actually say for all religions to pipe down and keep their focus amongst themselves, but unfortunately it never happens, and politics should never be mixed with religion on the whole, and if it is there is an ulterior reason for it. They should have brought up Kratom as well with the 3 draft bills if so self righteously concerned amongst sins. These things are part of daily life already, and cigarettes and alcohol already openly on sale by the big companies they find no harm in. So let’s plainly leave it at that. 

• Cool 1

11 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

And that is different to Christians, Catholics, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists in what way? 

Good to see someone else differentiating between Christians and Catholics. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

And that is different to Christians, Catholics, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists in what way? 

read my last se4nsternce.  

6 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

In my experience of the Muslims I work with, about half of them drink given the chance so that's your 75% gone straight away!!

My experience of working amongst Muslims in London is yes some of them do drink but they still fervently support banning it. They were always reluctant to condemn any Islamist atrocity committed anywhere, but chose to find excuses. 

43 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

My experience of working amongst Muslims in London is yes some of them do drink but they still fervently support banning it. They were always reluctant to condemn any Islamist atrocity committed anywhere, but chose to find excuses. 

He’s also getting fooled by the public face vs hidden thinking.

5 hours ago, Fanta said:

And no school/mass shootings with the inevitable suicide by cop ending? Same same but different. If everyone condemned the majority for the actions of a minority the KKK would be as popular as the NRA. 

Those lunacies are not inspired by religious text, unlike Islamic murders.

Muslims accept the Koran as literal truth so when it clearly says to kill unbelievers we cannot be surprised when many do. 😡

Sam Harris collated the results of surveys across the Muslim world which showed the vast majority (75-80%) supported the extreme sharia law, concluding “moderates” are very much the minority. 😩😞

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Great hypocrisy needed for survival of self & family within Islamic society😡

7 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

You are easily fooled & willfully blind to facts & reality in this matter. Never mind. 😞😉

12 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Again, just more of the the same bigoted views....a broken clock does tell the right time twice a day indeed....😆😆😆

Fact- based “views” though👍😉

don’t disagree with subject protests but the rank hypocrisy of that “ culture” sticks in the craw😡

9 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Muslims accept the Koran as literal truth so when it clearly says to kill unbelievers we cannot be surprised when many do. 😡

If the majority took an excerpt from the Koran as a command then we would be seeing far Muslim vs unbeliever incidents. There are 1,400,000,000 Muslims and counting in the world. That is 1 in 5 people. You are misrepresenting the actions of a minority as the will of a majority. Not all Muslims are dying to do their worst, not all school kids are hoarding weapons for that final special day and not all black males are criminals. A very small minority in all cases. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

Under 5% of the population are muslim. Feel free to enjoy your relgious intolerance, but nobody cares what you think.

Many like myself tolerate harmless religion but are anti- religion for sound fact- based reasons. a tiny population can produce ten thousand religion- inspired terrorists /supporters.😩

22 hours ago, Pinetree said:

okay, I will;  they are bigoted ideological  kill joys,  that need to leave the 1800s and get with the modern world.   How's that for intolerance? 

More like the 600’s. Don’t they want to leave this life & reside in “paradise” ?😞

Islam the polar opposite of modernity so no chance with that.😩

6 minutes ago, Fanta said:

If the majority took an excerpt from the Koran as a command then we would be seeing far Muslim vs unbeliever incidents. There are 1,400,000,000 Muslims and counting in the world. That is 1 in 5 people. You are misrepresenting the actions of a minority as the will of a majority. Not all Muslims are dying to do their worst, not all school kids are hoarding weapons for that final special day and not all black males are criminals. A very small minority in all cases. 

Only the active minority matter. The sheep -like collaborating “moderates” silently hating reason, are irrelevant. 

65% US gun homicides are by Criminal Inner City Black Males (3% US total population) but 95% of that is Black on Black, so nothing done of course as why prevent a free criminal removal public service? White Males perform 21% of US gun homicides (but 7 times more numerous). Proportions Matter.

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Good to see someone else differentiating between Christians and Catholics. 

Well, hats off to King Henry & Martin Luther for splitting off Protestants from the murdering child -raping RC Church😉👍

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TWS60 said:

Life is like a restaurant menu.  Order what you like and/or not the things you don't, or can't, for whatever reason.  Simple.  This is about virtue signaling, and control over the herd, which can't be trusted to comply with tenants on their own.  Actually only a relative minority of them run amok, but everyone's got to be smashed over the head, reminded of who's in charge. 

Cool line in a spy thriller novel I'm reading at the moment.  Senior CIA guy meeting his well-heeled, long-time source for lunch in Cairo - a Muslim, educated, wealthy, high up in the Egyptian security service.  Enjoying multiple glasses of wine over lunch, Egyptian fella says Islam's strict abstinence is only for the nutters and peasants.   

Indeed. No Laws for the Rich in fact. Anywhere. excepting US/ UK perhaps where a “smoking gun” required to touch any elite but it’s at least possible.