News Forum - Motorbike engulfed in flames on Patong Hill, driver left uninjured

Thaiger

A motorbike driving down Patong Hill on Phuket’s west coast was engulfed in flames last night, as shown in a photo of the incident. Not only did the driver survive, but he was left without any injuries. The man, 54 year old food seller Niphon Mengeaid, told The Phuket Express about his close call… “I was driving down Patong hill when other motorbike drivers behind me shouted out that my motorbike caught fire from behind. I stopped the motorbike and jumped away from the flames before locals called firefighters. ” After Niphon narrowly dodged the blaze, his bike was destroyed. […]

The story Motorbike engulfed in flames on Patong Hill, driver left uninjured as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I took my very old looking , mechanically sound big bike for a safety inspection at the government vehicles office last week. The inspector squeezed the front brake lever twice, tooted the horn and said “Big bike”. Passed.  I am not even mildly surprised that a scooter burst into flames. 

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

I took my very old looking , mechanically sound big bike for a safety inspection at the government vehicles office last week. The inspector squeezed the front brake lever twice, tooted the horn and said “Big bike”. Passed.  I am not even mildly surprised that a scooter burst into flames. 

My lady does that “ Thai business” with my bike with those “yellow cog” shops. I give her the Govt Insurance to get Tax Only (otherwise they con her into buying it again).  👍

Last time I went to DLT direct to complete a Car Sale , the Inspection for Transfer somehow took two hours.😩

22 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Not only did the driver survive, but he was left without any injuries.

This is why this Motorcycle Accident made the news. …… it was a one in a Trillion event to happen in Thailand, a motorcycle accident in Thailand without an injury.