Anyone here into classical music?

analog

Followup question: Where can one hear classical music concerts in this city? Opportunities seem few and far between. The RBSO only hosts a performance once every two or three weeks.

Digitized all my LPS and tapes before coming to Thailand, weight factor main reason, but happy I did.

Heat and LPs/ tapes, nothing but a problem otherwise. Sad to see the LP collection go, majority to my daughters collections so still in the family.

Have a local school teacher (music) who comes to raid my collection occasionally for items for plays etc.

His favourite is the 1812 overture, really gets into it.

Live rural so have never seen or heard of recitals in Thailand so once every two or three weeks sounds like you're spoilt.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would bet that most people like classical music but don't realize they are listening to it while watching a movie. The example is like this one, most people will know the movie before the composer, (like me).

On 6/24/2022 at 5:29 PM, analog said:

I'm a huge classical music buff. Anyone else?

You should post some examples of your favorites, im a keen learner for anything new in music.👍

1 minute ago, Thaidup said:

You should post some examples of your favorites, im a keen learner for anything new in music.👍

Stuff like this is amazing, and 90% of the people here know the music, but maybe never realized that they are classical music lovers like you and I. But an admission from me is that I am a music lover of all genres.

• Like 1

Music is a wondrous thing, But as a lay person looking on I will have to say that having what looks like 100 people playing instruments, they better sound better than the likes of a four or five piece band like Pink Floyd or The Doors 👍

Here is an example of an orchestral type of music without the verbatim, I may compare it to classical music but with more modern instruments, This music compares well to what we call classical. do you agree?👍

These guys with four instrumentalists could get the feelings inspired in listeners that took 50 instruments 100 years ago.🙂

• 1 year later...

@Thaidup Nice examples, the Led Zeppelin isn't so much classical as classic rock, but sure has some classical influences.

Well it's been a while and I forgot to check this thread for replies, but here's a favorite:

Edited by analog
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, analog said:

Nice examples, the Led Zeppelin isn't so much classical as classic rock, but sure has some classical influences.

I think i watched it on Netflix, but it seems to be on YouTube as well, quite an interesting documentary on the influence that Beethoven's music has had on contemporary music.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 9:30 PM, analog said:

@Thaidup Nice examples, the Led Zeppelin isn't so much classical as classic rock, but sure has some classical influences.

Well it's been a while and I forgot to check this thread for replies, but here's a favorite:

Yeah a favorite hour, lol 👍 c'mon just pick one ana, what is your fav classic? I know hard to pick one But for me it is a hard choice between the bumble bee and valcarie lol however you spell them.