Full text of Phuket Sandbox order released in English

Thaiger

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

Prices from chonbury from people who got that bill!

What "bill"

From where? Hospitals that didn't take medical insurance??? 

3 hours ago, Stardust said:
11 hours ago, Stonker said:

If you don't have a smartphone you'll probably have a problem verifying your vaccinaton.

Maybe you not live in Thailand, anyway welcome in Thailand where nothing is clear and can be changed any time.

I don't know what the connection with vaccination verification is, but for what it's worth I've lived in Thailand for nearly thirty years!

If you read the article where it details verifying vaccinations, all are by smart phone.  No smartphone for tracking apps = no smartphone for vaccine verification.

Not complicated.

10 minutes ago, Stonker said:

What "bill"

From where? Hospitals that didn't take medical insurance??? 

I think you not understand the difference between hospital and the facilities you have to enter when you got a positive test. And the differences with symptoms, heavy and no symptoms. And then you have the field hospitals and the hospitels. And now read again your insurance!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

I get the impression that the Thais doing all this sandbox stuff, and most others, think that this insurance will cover people for anything related to Covid. But I would suspect that it will only cover for hospitalisation treatments etc.

Correct - it's medical insurance, so it covers "hospitalisation treatments etc", not job loss, flight changes, etc.  I think Thais and most others realise that.

What I mean by that, is will the insurance cover me for Thai Govt imposed stays in a 'back-up' hospital quarantine bed, when the only reason I am there is because I had a positive test but I was not sick and I never became sick and never needed treatment as such

If by "a 'back-up' hospital quarantine bed" you mean a bed in a field hospital, field hospitals are free for everyone - Thais, farangs, foreigners, expats, migrant workers, etc, so the question of insurance coverage doesn't apply - some policies also exclude government hospitals and are specifically for private hospitals only.

Knowing insurance companies and hearing how cheap those Covid policies are - I reckon I would not be covered unless I was sick and needed ICU level treatments.

Wrong on both counts. "sick" means testing positive, not being symptomatic, and a number of the policies specifically exclude ICU treatment.

In other words, if they think you already had Covid, or you caught it while in a quarantine hotel, they will not pay. So unless you can prove you caught it while outside then you are fornicated. 

No, "unless you can prove you caught it while outside"  is NOT what you've quoted says! What they say is that "the Company reserves the right to refuse coverage to applicants who are already infected with Coronavirus and/or applicants who are in quarantine state". 

Of course they do!

Its like car insurance - you can't wait until you've had an accident and you're in the hospital to take out car insurance!

• Cool 1

10 minutes ago, Nipral said:

Pilgrims who fly to Phuket in July/August must be tested for...sanity !

Short, sweet and funny, too . . . not bad for a debut post!

Hello, Nipral and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

So am I right in thinking if you have children aged 6-12 (12 being the youngest you can currently get vaccinated) you can't come??

• Like 1

Thailand is doing everything to get Tourists …… 

Article 1. Measures for travellers entering the Kingdom
Article 8. Violation of non-compliance with orders or measures

1. In the case of aliens entering the Kingdom:

Venus, Mars or Jupiter?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Correct - it's medical insurance, so it covers "hospitalisation treatments etc", not job loss, flight changes, etc.  I think Thais and most others realise that.

If by "a 'back-up' hospital quarantine bed" you mean a bed in a field hospital, field hospitals are free for everyone - Thais, farangs, foreigners, expats, migrant workers, etc, so the question of insurance coverage doesn't apply - some policies also exclude government hospitals and are specifically for private hospitals only.

Wrong on both counts. "sick" means testing positive, not being symptomatic, and a number of the policies specifically exclude ICU treatment.

No, "unless you can prove you caught it while outside"  is NOT what you've quoted says! What they say is that "the Company reserves the right to refuse coverage to applicants who are already infected with Coronavirus and/or applicants who are in quarantine state". 

Of course they do!

Its like car insurance - you can't wait until you've had an accident and you're in the hospital to take out car insurance!

Clearly you have not had enough 'life experiences' with Thai managed insurance companies.

Perhaps you are right, and clearly you think that you are, but I would hesitate to agree with you.

There is a lot of 'grief' going on right now in Thailand regarding 'Covid Insurance'.  But unfortunately, if you Google that term all you will get is websites selling Covid/Health insurance. You need to dig deeper, but for all those thinking they are definitely covered if they are asymptomatic and test positive and have to go to a 'hospitel' then my advice is dont be so certain - get it in writing that you are covered specifically for ALL costs in that exact situation. 

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

I think you not understand the difference between hospital and the facilities you have to enter when you got a positive test. And the differences with symptoms, heavy and no symptoms. And then you have the field hospitals and the hospitels. And now read again your insurance!

Exactly.  It is as clear as mud - yet some people claim they can see the bottom.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nicksmart said:

So am I right in thinking if you have children aged 6-12 (12 being the youngest you can currently get vaccinated) you can't come??

Not recommended - and clearly they do not want you to come either.  

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

I understand it perfectly, but what I can't understand is where these "180,000 baht ... and some even higher bills" came from, particularly if "even Thais got these surprises" because you won't say so!

What exactly were these "180,000 baht ... and some even higher bills" for, and where exactly were they from?

Nobody pays for field hospitals in Thailand. NOBODY!  FIELD HOSPITALS ARE FREE!!!

Thais don't need insurance to come to Thailand, and they don't need to pay for a quarantine hotel or for hospital treatment in a government hospital!

If they choose to, and the sky's the limit for possible bills, that's their choice, just as freigners have a choice about the level of service and the bills, but that doesn't make it a standard "charge" as you suggest.

There's plenty to criticise with the sandbox and insurance coverage, but what you're saying about a "180,000 baht" "charge" is completely untrue.

45 minutes ago, nicksmart said:

Still areas of conflicting info, re children. Please check through the Phuket Province Order, as contained in the Thaiger's full report, and para #3 in particular . . . 

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/full-text-of-phuket-sandbox-order-released-in-english

Clearly, if yours are under 6, the coast is clear, well, fairly clear. Sorry not to be able to advise re older kids, but there may be an update on the TATnews website . . . copy/paste the URL into your browser slot.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/06/thailand-confirms-reopening-plan-from-1-july-2021/

Hello, nicksmart and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

42 minutes ago, nicksmart said:

I think the omission of those between 6 and 18 will, without any doubt, turn out to be nothing more than an oversight / mistake and they simply put "under 6" instead of "under 18" - the Thai version says the same, in the same places, so it isn't a mistranslation.

25 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I understand it perfectly, but what I can't understand is where these "180,000 baht ... and some even higher bills" came from, particularly if "even Thais got these surprises" because you won't say so!

What exactly were these "180,000 baht ... and some even higher bills" for, and where exactly were they from?

Nobody pays for field hospitals in Thailand. NOBODY!  FIELD HOSPITALS ARE FREE!!!

Thais don't need insurance to come to Thailand, and they don't need to pay for a quarantine hotel or for hospital treatment in a government hospital!

If they choose to, and the sky's the limit for possible bills, that's their choice, just as freigners have a choice about the level of service and the bills, but that doesn't make it a standard "charge" as you suggest.

There's plenty to criticise with the sandbox and insurance coverage, but what you're saying about a "180,000 baht" "charge" is completely untrue.

Hospital facilities for positiv results and the bills depended on which hospital and also for Thais it wasnt covered all. And yes they said before it is free but even then they became bills

I wouldn't worry or begin to think Heaven has opened its gates and Thousands will be flooding through them. No tourists will be arriving in numbers the TAT expects its already gone down from 1,500 to 300 and where are these 300 from if they know why has the Governor or TAT head given figures of who has booked and where from. Or are we soon to hear that word they like to use " Expected " will again be pumping out the old propaganda, the data and figures are Expected to be higher than we Envisaged according to a TAT spokesman.

49 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Clearly you have not had enough 'life experiences' with Thai managed insurance companies.

For what little it's worth, in thirty years of dealing with house, vehicle and medical insurance I've had plenty and the many issues had little or nothing to do with them being "Thai managed"  -  the worst, by far, involved the farang element who openly and unashamedly lied about coverage.

As you say, quite rightly, you need to "dig deeper" and not just assume things are as you expect, but that applies to all insurance policies - here, for example, your vehicle 'no claims bonus' is tied to the vehicle not the driver as most Westerners assume!

15 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Hospital facilities for positiv results and the bills depended on which hospital and also for Thais it wasnt covered all. And yes they said before it is free but even then they became bills

I'm sorry, but I simply can't understand most of what you're saying and even the part I can understand doesn't make any sense and contradicts itself.

If someone chooses to spend more than their insurance covers or to pay for something which is   free elsewhere, or to use services and facilities they prefer to what's free or over and above what's free, that's their choice.

57 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I think the omission of those between 6 and 18 will, without any doubt, turn out to be nothing more than an oversight / mistake and they simply put "under 6" instead of "under 18" - the Thai version says the same, in the same places, so it isn't a mistranslation.

-

well the TAT/Govt or who ever likes to get things wrong, better hurry up and make sure that IS what they mean. Maybe, and it is a big Maybe, the Gazette will sort this issue out. But the longer the leave the publishing of the Sandbox requirements in the Gazette the more Tourists will go elsewhere. Maybe it’s an OVERSIGHT that the Sandbox has not been published in the Gazette.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

For what little it's worth, in thirty years of dealing with house, vehicle and medical insurance I've had plenty and the many issues had little or nothing to do with them being "Thai managed"  -  the worst, by far, involved the farang element who openly and unashamedly lied about coverage.

As you say, quite rightly, you need to "dig deeper" and not just assume things are as you expect, but that applies to all insurance policies - here, for example, your vehicle 'no claims bonus' is tied to the vehicle not the driver as most Westerners assume!

I lived in Thailand for some years, and am close froends with several Expats that are still there - that is what I meant by Thai managed insurance companies - using insurance while living in Thailand and claiming on a policy. Most insurance companies in Thailand, not all, are Thailand branches/franchises of companies and are subject to Thai laws only. But I agree about reading the fine print - most people do not bother - but for something as serious and in another country - it is an absolute must.   

2 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

-

well the TAT/Govt or who ever likes to get things wrong, better hurry up and make sure that IS what they mean. Maybe, and it is a big Maybe, the Gazette will sort this issue out. But the longer the leave the publishing of the Sandbox requirements in the Gazette the more Tourists will go elsewhere. Maybe it’s an OVERSIGHT that the Sandbox has not been published in the Gazette.

It is very frustrating, we are based in the Middle East (Bahrain) and trying to get back to our house in Phuket, the Embassy here has no idea of time frames or regulations. As a family we need to go somewhere this Summer and our vacation time is not infinite. Booking insurance, flights and accommodation all in advance of a mystery date and constantly changing information isn't too much fun :(  I would imagine there will be a lot of people in the same boat and can't see many people being able to come on the 1st July?

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

I'm sorry, but I simply can't understand most of what you're saying and even the part I can understand doesn't make any sense and contradicts itself.

If someone chooses to spend more than their insurance covers or to pay for something which is   free elsewhere, or to use services and facilities they prefer to what's free or over and above what's free, that's their choice.

You think what they anounce and the reality is the same . And you think it was their own choice. How long you have been in Thailand? By the way if you can read and understand Thai or have a Thai wife who can read Thai you will be surprised how many are complaining about the bills and also thought it is covered all or for free! So I will no more answer read Thai social media or news by yourself!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nicksmart said:

It is very frustrating, we are based in the Middle East (Bahrain) and trying to get back to our house in Phuket, the Embassy here has no idea of time frames or regulations. As a family we need to go somewhere this Summer and our vacation time is not infinite. Booking insurance, flights and accommodation all in advance of a mystery date and constantly changing information isn't too much fun :(  I would imagine there will be a lot of people in the same boat and can't see many people being able to come on the 1st July?

Well I can’t see anyone arriving on the 1st at the moment because this Phuket SANDBOX ha not yet been published in the Thai Gazette to make it law. At present all that has been published is the TAT wish list, just like their arrival numbers, very imaginative. 

All the best in getting back to Phuket with your Family.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

Of course they do!

Who told you they are free for foreigners ? Dont tell something that is not sure because in chonbury it is not the case!

7 hours ago, Stonker said:

If you can read thai then check the news and social media about the complains and the bills. It is full of it and when you live long time here as you said then you will understand Thai I guess. Some got even higher bills!