Question: Restrictions on Travel to Phuket in-country?

Brian

Are Thai nationals wanting to travel to Phuket, from inside Thailand, required to be fully vaccinated after July 1st Sandbox opening?

28 minutes ago, Brian said:

Are Thai nationals wanting to travel to Phuket, from inside Thailand, required to be fully vaccinated after July 1st Sandbox opening?

They, like everyone else, must be vaccinated but when you say 'after July 1st Sandbox opening?', I understand that, like all sandbox visitors, they will need a vac'n cert. dated some time (14 or 21 days maybe) prior to arrival at Phuket. Don't quote me, there, but that's how I understand things.

Hello, Brian and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

8 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

They, like everyone else, must be vaccinated but when you say 'after July 1st Sandbox opening?', I understand that, like all sandbox visitors, they will need a vac'n cert. dated some time (14 or 21 days maybe) prior to arrival at Phuket. Don't quote me, there, but that's how I understand things.

Hello, Brian and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

It's an interesting conundrum, comical even if not for the potential repercussions.  Seems like all those hopeful SHA hotels may be re-hiring some staff from outside Phuket - from Krabi, Surat Thani, and elsewhere, to enter Phuket before July 1st.  If that is the case will they be inoculated upon entry and subjected to PSA tests before commencing work?

I hope I'm wrong and re-hiring is better controlled.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

It's an interesting conundrum, comical even if not for the potential repercussions.  Seems like all those hopeful SHA hotels may be re-hiring some staff from outside Phuket - from Krabi, Surat Thani, and elsewhere, to enter Phuket before July 1st.  If that is the case will they be inoculated upon entry and subjected to PSA tests before commencing work?

I hope I'm wrong and re-hiring is better controlled.

Ha-ha . . . the mire deepens by the day . . . thanks for that!

All domestic travellers, with the exception of children under 5 years old, entering through any port of entry on Phuket must have received the full dose of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Royal Thai Government and as recommended by the manufacturer, or received 1 dose of AstraZeneca vaccine. Or those who have recovered from COVID-19 no longer than the past 90 days prior to entering Phuket, or have tested negative for COVID-19 via a RT-PCR or Rapid Antigen Test no more than 7 days from the date tested.

Phuket officials repeat domestic entry requirements for Phuket, in English (thephuketnews.com)

• 3 weeks later...

My friend just drove down to Phuket on Saturday (Jul 10) from Bangkok. 
He was asked about his test. However, they never checked any of his papers and let him straight through. 
So you can try your luck. Haha. 

Keep hearing reports that the enforcement at the bridge is questionable.  This is just going to end up killing the sandbox even faster than it was destined to die on its own.  As soon as a cluster starts down there, its game over.