Covid UPDATE Saturday: 4,161 new infections, 51 deaths

Thaiger

For Saturday, the trend of new infections, and deaths, from Covid-related disease, remains on the rise. Today the public health department announced 51 deaths and 4,161 new infections of Covid-19. Only 72 were related to detections in Thai prisons, a further drop in prisoners testing positive for the coronavirus. As the Thai government is faced with its worst week of community-related infections and deaths since the outbreak of the pandemic, the Phuket Sandbox remains on track for a re-opening of Thai tourism and entry by fully vaccinated foreign travellers, via the Phuket Sandbox on July 1. Just this morning the […]

The post Covid UPDATE Saturday: 4,161 new infections, 51 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

this is not good for opening tourism or their sandbox  but don't forget he said its all under control remember  

it's nice to have few paradise islands when the rest of the country goes on flames. I think Mr. Pita is spot on, problem is that there will be so many lives lost before that happens

E4uqJGaVEAEGTHw.jpg

• Cool 3

18 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

this is not good for opening tourism or their sandbox  but don't forget he said its all under control remember

Yes, we remember . . . it's all under his idea of control.

Hello, ozz1 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

4 hours ago, Sjj said:

Sandbox eh

A short and sweet debut post, but your thoughts are pretty clear!

Hello, Sjj and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

I really like the story from the other day where there were 2 deaths and one of the people was 80 something and had ALS.  covid is such a terrible illness (not)

Spoiler
Spoiler

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Surfpkt said:

It’s now well past lunchtime in Thailand…..nearly dinner time……but still no provincial Covid updates.

Yes, that's true and it does happen occasionally, presumably when there's no provincial numbers forthcoming from the PH Ministry. That's the likely cause of the info blip.

Hello, Surfpkt and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

The longer the list of hoops to jump through, the fewer the people will come. But at least it is a reopening of some kind. It is a positive sign at a time when positive signs are all too few. I can't come there anyway as my country, it seems, has the most conservative approach of all the nations on earth. I had booked for Phuket in November...but even that seems an impossibility now. For the people of Phuket and all those Thais who depend on the income, I wish you every success. 

1 hour ago, Surfpkt said:

It’s now well past lunchtime in Thailand…..nearly dinner time……but still no provincial Covid updates.

Seems we have 10 new cases in Chiang Mai province today.  Reportedly imports from south.  This follows many weeks of low single digit or zero cases . 

I guess its natural for people from the worst affected regions around BKK to head for 'safe harbour' though I have to wonder why border controls are not imposed after the Songkran debacle.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The longer the list of hoops to jump through, the fewer the people will come. But at least it is a reopening of some kind. It is a positive sign at a time when positive signs are all too few. I can't come there anyway as my country, it seems, has the most conservative approach of all the nations on earth. I had booked for Phuket in November...but even that seems an impossibility now. For the people of Phuket and all those Thais who depend on the income, I wish you every success. 

Aussie?  Same - only allowed to visit Kiwiland - not good unless a skier at this time of year.

Give it a rest already! Daily updates of "deaths" from covid don't help anyone. Fear, and panic is what drives ratings, and helps no one!

1 hour ago, obfessone said:

Give it a rest already! Daily updates of "deaths" from covid don't help anyone. Fear, and panic is what drives ratings, and helps no one!

A different view, for sure, but that's what drives our forum. With a largely Thai-focused news coverage and commentary, the Covid thing is bound to be big until it gets little.

Hello, obfessone and a belated welcome to Thaiger Talk . . . I'm blaming it on a busy week!

Happy posting

King Cotton

1 hour ago, obfessone said:

If it Bleeds, It leads. 
‘And if they did not report any of the covid related figures, people would bitch and moan about that. Just like they say in the Football, if you don’t want to know the score …. Look away now.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Aussie?  Same - only allowed to visit Kiwiland - not good unless a skier at this time of year.

Not anymore your not. Bubble just got burst.

I find the daily updates of reported cases and fatalities to be useful statistics, as understated in numbers as they might be.  Without any data, reality becomes even more difficult to perceive.  It makes anticipating what further govt actions might be a bit more easier.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

11 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Not anymore your not. Bubble just got burst.

- so it is - I never noticed.  That yet again shows how incompetent they all are - everywhere in the world. A few cases in NSW so they shut it all down across all Australia for 3 days? What about all those who bought tickets to NZ to travel over in the school holidays that just started in QLD.  If anything comes out of this pandemic in the west, I hope it is the realisation by all people that politicians and public servants are stupid and incompetent - and therefore should no longer be allowed to interfere so much in people's lives. Not one public servant or politician has lost their job - but billions of real people have.  I love Thailand for many reasons - one being they have small Govt and the people mostly ignore them and their stupid rules - Thais run their own lives - unlike this effing nanny state.  PS - first weekend of the school holidays and what do I awake to? No power.  Planned maintenance from 8am to 3pm today - first Sunday in the school holidays - and it is p'ing down and it is very cold - imagine having a house full of kids and no power and they cannot go outside. Unbelievable. Idiots.

Edited by King Cotton
Deletion of meaningless text-talk symbols, as per Guideline 15
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Numbers of Covid cases are rising every week, if they dont lockdown bangkok, it will become out of control. Herd immunity will not take effect until next year due to the poor roll out of vaccines. People have been able to travel freely across Thailand spreading the virus. With the Delta variant present things will only get worse. Also keep in mind that people are scared of getting vaccinated due to the ongoing vaccine related deaths. Me personally, I will wait for the Moderna Vaccine.

• Like 2

Firstly you have an excellent "newspaper and video and Tim is a real gentleman

Secondly the statistics are a great boon for me living here in the sticks of Prachin Buri and gives me a very good idea what is happening in Thailand

I would like the covid statistics as set out by province to be daily statistic on your website or am I missing it

Please keep up the good work and lovely web

Barry

Kroksom Boon

Prachin Buri

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dunroamin said:

Numbers of Covid cases are rising every week, if they dont lockdown bangkok, it will become out of control. Herd immunity will not take effect until next year due to the poor roll out of vaccines. People have been able to travel freely across Thailand spreading the virus. With the Delta variant present things will only get worse. Also keep in mind that people are scared of getting vaccinated due to the ongoing vaccine related deaths. Me personally, I will wait for the Moderna Vaccine.

Fair comment!

Hello, dunroamin and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

PS - first weekend of the school holidays and what do I awake to? No power.  Planned maintenance from 8am to 3pm today - first Sunday in the school holidays - and it is p'ing down and it is very cold - imagine having a house full of kids and no power and they cannot go outside.

Just think of all those that will be Home Schooling for the next few Months …….. You could be TeacherBob today, and give up on the school holidays …. Kids will love ya for it.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, RJBT said:

Secondly the statistics are a great boon for me living here in the sticks of Prachin Buri and gives me a very good idea what is happening in Thailand

I would like the covid statistics as set out by province to be daily statistic on your website or am I missing it

Barry

Kroksom Boon

Prachin Buri

Thanks for the kind praise! Re the provincial numbers, they do come from CCSA on most days but, also, they do occasionally fail to publish.

Hello, RJBT and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

23 hours ago, RJBT said:

Barry

Kroksom Boon

Prachin Buri

yeah same here, more info needed here in Isaan country, too much focus on touristy areas and Bangkok.