Foreign embassies offering COEs for Sandbox travellers from Monday, June 28

Thaiger

The final stumbling block – the issue of Certificates of Entry for people keen to take advantage of the Phuket ‘Sandbox’ – appears to be sorted out. The way is now clear for fully vaccinated travellers to re-enter Thailand via the Phuket Sandbox plan. The plan is also being rolled out for the trio of Gulf Islands – Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao – in a version called ‘Safe and Sealed Routes’ from July 15. Now, Royal Thai embassies in some countries are posting information that travellers can apply for a COE from next Monday, June 28. Click […]

The post Foreign embassies offering COEs for Sandbox travellers from Monday, June 28 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Everything in last minute. No international or european company would give them a job not even for cleaning with their competence and style of work and managing. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Many of us have a pre-approved COE as advised by the Embassies in our countries. This whole sandbox is a masterclass in how NOT to run a tourism project. It's an absolute mess of conflicting information and false statements. Embarassing on so many levels

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

22 minutes ago, DWiener said:

Many of us have a pre-approved COE as advised by the Embassies in our countries. This whole sandbox is a masterclass in how NOT to run a tourism project. It's an absolute mess of conflicting information and false statements. Embarassing on so many levels

You can say that again!

Hello, DWiener and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

the closed consulates in Italy (I don't know in the rest of the EU) significantly increased the difficulties in applying for a visa.  From Milan, Palermo etc.  you have to face a journey of over 600 km and stay in Rome for three days to collect your visa or rely on agencies authorized by the Embassy.  All this involves considerable expenses that in addition to the 3 COVID tests to do in Phuket + the test before taking the plane, the 14-night stay in a sha hotel despite having an apartment all this leads me to think that Thailand probably does not want to reopen to the tourists.

• Cool 1

Wow, I really hope for the sake of the tourists coming and for the Thai Tourism industry that this Sandbox scheme works out. All of the last minute information and changing of details does not sound like a relaxing holiday.  As for me, an expat working in Thailand, I have no chance of visiting the lovely beaches in the South, as there is no current plan in place to vaccinate foreigners.  So ironically, if I stayed in my own country I had more chance of travelling around this amazing region.  Maybe, stay home, stay safe and stay calm is really the catch-cry for the next few years.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Crazyworld21 said:

Wow, I really hope for the sake of the tourists coming and for the Thai Tourism industry that this Sandbox scheme works out. All of the last minute information and changing of details does not sound like a relaxing holiday.  As for me, an expat working in Thailand, I have no chance of visiting the lovely beaches in the South, as there is no current plan in place to vaccinate foreigners.  So ironically, if I stayed in my own country I had more chance of travelling around this amazing region.  Maybe, stay home, stay safe and stay calm is really the catch-cry for the next few years.

Yes, I would say that your closing sentence makes best sense.

Hello, Crazyworld21 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Very puzzling. So vaccinated tourist can go to Phuket but anywhere else in Thailand they have to quarantine. Well that makes no sense at all. In Washington DC the visa section is terrible. After providing 9 pieces of paper and fees they act like they doing you a huge favor! What is wrong with the Thailand government? You would think Thailand send their best Foreign Service people to America but that is obviously not the case! Surely makes me think twice about going to Thailand!

Edited by King Cotton
CAPS changed to lower-case, according to Guideline 14.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Very puzzling. So vaccinated tourist can go to Phuket but anywhere else in Thailand they have to quaranteen. Well that makes no sense at all. In Washington DC the visa section is terrible. After providing 9 pieces of paper and fees they act like they doing you a huge favor! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE THAILAND GOVERNMENT? You would think Thailand send their best Foreign Service people to America but that is obviously not the case! Surely makes me think twice about going to Thailand!

The  Phuket Sandtrap is still a quarantine by definition.  At least you are not confined to a room or prison cell.  All of the other requirements are still onerous.

A boyfriend of a friend to my girlfriend, went down to Phuket to wait for his arrival in a few weeks, it is said that he booked his [sandbox] flight and hotel a while ago.After the Phuket quarantine is over and done with, they leave and come up to Bkk.

If all this is true and he will arrive in Phuket, it will be interesting to sit down and have a chat with him, explaining how it really did work --paperwork, talk with the Thai embassy, certifications, insurance, etc.