News Forum - The End of Thailand Pass and More Restrictions To Ease | Weekend Update

Thaiger

No more Thailand Pass and more restrictions to ease. Thailand also to consider scrapping the long standing ban on alcohol sales during the afternoon. Study finds that 30% of green based drinks in Thailand exceed legal limit of allowed green levels. Phuket Zoo closes down. Your questions answered on Sundays weekend update with The Thaiger.

The story The End of Thailand Pass and More Restrictions To Ease | Weekend Update as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

I think a bit of realism is well overdue with tourism in Thailand. Even booking flights in advance, the prices have doubled. Why would you book in advance when new measures can be introduced at a stroke. For all you know they might lockdown at Christmas again. How much do they think tourists are willing to shell out to come to a country where multiple  businesses have closed and be treated as if they have the plague? Absolutely every measure needs to be rescinded now, not on drip.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cg66 said:

I think a bit of realism is well overdue with tourism in Thailand. Even booking flights in advance, the prices have doubled. Why would you book in advance when new measures can be introduced at a stroke. For all you know they might lockdown at Christmas again. How much do they think tourists are willing to shell out to come to a country where multiple  businesses have closed and be treated as if they have the plague? Absolutely every measure needs to be rescinded now, not on drip.

I think a bit of realism is well overdue......

I was just there for 6 weeks recently, pretty much everything you said is internet nonsense

But hey................at least you got to complain  :)

As written by Cg66, it is a gamble that most potential tourists aren't prepared to take until the Government stops moving the goal posts and repeatedly doing u turns.

It is not helped by mixed messages regarding travel passes and Thai Covid 'Insurance'. Perhaps someone can clarify please. As for medical Insurance, I have contacted my insurers who have updated my policy to clearly state that I am covered for 1 million GBP at no extra cost.

• Like 2

Sorry for this off topic post, but I am unable to post in new topics. I am hoping that an admin might see this.

After reading a news item and scrolling down to where you can add to the chat, there is no button to add. The only button is "Create an Account" which is no good to me as I already have an account an am logged in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Havana said:

As written by Cg66, it is a gamble that most potential tourists aren't prepared to take until the Government stops moving the goal posts and repeatedly doing u turns.

It is not helped by mixed messages regarding travel passes and Thai Covid 'Insurance'. Perhaps someone can clarify please. As for medical Insurance, I have contacted my insurers who have updated my policy to clearly state that I am covered for 1 million GBP at no extra cost.

From July 1.

No Thailand Pass, no pre travel registration.

No travel or Covid insurance required. 

17 hours ago, Cg66 said:

Right. Travel is much harder and costlier than it was.

18 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I think a bit of realism is well overdue......

I was just there for 6 weeks recently, pretty much everything you said is internet nonsense

But hey................at least you got to complain  :)

A bit of a strange comment. Did you read what I posted?  If flights for December haven’t doubled, send me a link to these cheap flights. I was talking to someone yesterday who had come back from Chang Mai two days ago. He said mask wearing there was prolific

So unvaccinated children can travel with their vaccinated parents without having to undergo a pre-departure test? Is that confirmed ...

1 minute ago, Bert said:

So unvaccinated children can travel with their vaccinated parents without having to undergo a pre-departure test? Is that confirmed ...

Yes. Confirmed. Under 18s travelling with a guardian need no vaccination proof.

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2022 at 1:25 AM, Cg66 said:

A bit of a strange comment. Did you read what I posted?  If flights for December haven’t doubled, send me a link to these cheap flights. I was talking to someone yesterday who had come back from Chang Mai two days ago. He said mask wearing there was prolific

yes I did and it didn't reflect my experience at all, being all over the country for 6 weeks

You aren't treated like you have the plauge, that is just nonsense

Lot's of people wearing masks, yes and many aren't and no one cared(except 7-11, they will shoot you 555)

And yes, I was in CM

13 hours ago, Marc26 said:

yes I did and it didn't reflect my experience at all, being all over the country for 6 weeks

You aren't treated like you have the plauge, that is just nonsense

Lot's of people wearing masks, yes and many aren't and no one cared(except 7-11, they will shoot you 555)

And yes, I was in CM

I still don’t think you read what I wrote. All the hoops they make you jump through when you travel indicate that the authorities are treating you like you’ve got the plague. How the indigenous population treat you will vary. Are you dyslexic?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cg66 said:

I still don’t think you read what I wrote. All the hoops they make you jump through when you travel indicate that the authorities are treating you like you’ve got the plague. How the indigenous population treat you will vary. Are you dyslexic?

No, I am just not a whiner and moaner like most on here

Unlike most whiners on here, I filled out some simple steps and actually went to Thailand and traveled around the whole country

But hey, at least you whiners get to complain on the internet! So i guess it's sort of the same.......

I am glad insurance is no longer required. It was troublesome

I am already insured. Nobody forces me to go to Thailand but because I wanted to come Thailand forced me to buy redundant useless insurance, sure it turns off many.

Going forward if people don't pay there bill hold just hold them in Thai jail until they do.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Marc26 said:

No, I am just not a whiner and moaner like most on here

Unlike most whiners on here, I filled out some simple steps and actually went to Thailand and traveled around the whole country

But hey, at least you whiners get to complain on the internet! So i guess it's sort of the same.......

The more people like you pander to the senseless restrictions, the longer it goes on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cg66 said:

The more people like you pander to the senseless restrictions, the longer it goes on.

So what are you going to do?

If you want to travel instead of whine on an internet forum, you have to take 5-10mins to fill out forms

That's a real hardship............

But I guess go ahead and whine on an internet forum, I will follow what is needed and enjoy travelling...........

4 hours ago, Cg66 said:

What restrictions, can you be more specific.

On 6/25/2022 at 4:28 PM, Bert said:

From July 1st.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Faz said:

What restrictions, can you be more specific.

Testing, pre departure/ on arrival/ at 5 days/before departure, vaccinations (fake), mask wearing, sandbox, quarantine. Sure, some have since disappeared, but I’m talking from the beginning of this fake pandemic. If no one had pandered to these measures, they would’ve been taken away. Anutin is a good example of how good vaccinations are, having reportedly had six of them and still catching Covid. Whether you want to come up with the argument that he hasn’t potentially caught it as bad, he, and any other vaccinated person, pretty obviously can and do still spread it. all the initial claims by the pharmaceuticals have slowly been disproven and the last part and that they are clinging on to is that it stops the severity. With the new strains becoming weaker, I find this doubtful. Watching who is catching it, it seems to be the vaccinated succumbing to it.

6 hours ago, Cg66 said:

Testing, pre departure/ on arrival/ at 5 days/before departure, vaccinations (fake), mask wearing, sandbox, quarantine. Sure, some have since disappeared, but I’m talking from the beginning of this fake pandemic. If no one had pandered to these measures, they would’ve been taken away. Anutin is a good example of how good vaccinations are, having reportedly had six of them and still catching Covid. Whether you want to come up with the argument that he hasn’t potentially caught it as bad, he, and any other vaccinated person, pretty obviously can and do still spread it. all the initial claims by the pharmaceuticals have slowly been disproven and the last part and that they are clinging on to is that it stops the severity. With the new strains becoming weaker, I find this doubtful. Watching who is catching it, it seems to be the vaccinated succumbing to it.

Ah, so your intention is to discuss the past and raise the vaccination efficiency questions again.
Move on my friend, this has all been covered before and this is not the topic to raise these issues again.

From July 1st, (tomorrow) almost all restrictions and entry requirement will have been removed.

4 hours ago, Faz said:

Ah, so your intention is to discuss the past and raise the vaccination efficiency questions again.
Move on my friend, this has all been covered before and this is not the topic to raise these issues again.

From July 1st, (tomorrow) almost all restrictions and entry requirement will have been removed.

There is nothing to say that the past will not become the future again. If they invent another pathogen it will start all over again. We all know the politicians learn nothing from history. Are you going to guarantee that there will be no measures coming back in the next six months? The USA are procuring $3 billion of ‘adapted’ COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer, supposedly adapted for omicron despite, as we have seen, it mutates very quickly. The excuse was put out there that the reason for failure  of the vaccines were that it had mutated from Delta to omicron. So the next excuse, after further experiments on the public, Will be that it has mutated  from omicron to X? You can fill your boots. I haven’t yet and I still won’t be participating.

1 hour ago, Cg66 said:

There is nothing to say that the past will not become the future again. If they invent another pathogen it will start all over again. We all know the politicians learn nothing from history. Are you going to guarantee that there will be no measures coming back in the next six months? The USA are procuring $3 billion of ‘adapted’ COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer, supposedly adapted for omicron despite, as we have seen, it mutates very quickly. The excuse was put out there that the reason for failure  of the vaccines were that it had mutated from Delta to omicron. So the next excuse, after further experiments on the public, Will be that it has mutated  from omicron to X? You can fill your boots. I haven’t yet and I still won’t be participating.

You obviously have an issue with comprehension, so let me be more specific.

The topic is 'No more Thailand Pass and more restrictions to ease'
Not one of your posts aligns with the forum rule ''All text and posted content must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic''. 

The topic is not about flights, testing, vaccinations, the sandbox, quarantine, procuring vaccines or the past becoming the future. As before, you're attempting to introduce off-topic rhetoric to suit your agenda.

Oh, and do please send me a link via PM to support your claim vaccinations are fake.

12 hours ago, Cg66 said:

vaccinations (fake),

Remain on topic or open a new topic!

• Like 1