News Forum - BREAKING: CCSA cancels Thailand Pass & change entertainment venue restrictions

Thaiger

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration – or CCSA – just announced some big changes to Thailand’s Covid-19 restrictions. The CCSA met with Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and the Ministry of Public Health this afternoon to make decisions about the Thailand Pass, “zones,” closing times of entertainment venues, face masks and temperature checks.  It appears that the Thaiger‘s predictions were correct… Thailand Pass The CCSA announced the complete cancellation of the Thailand Pass, effective July 1. Travellers of any nationality will no longer be required to obtain a Thailand Pass to gain entry into the kingdom, beginning July 1. […]

The story BREAKING: CCSA cancels Thailand Pass & change entertainment venue restrictions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

Good to hear, but not before time.

Ref masks,very vague, but what about the poor school children still being muzzled and having their development hindered?? Can they go back to being children again? Where's the clarity??

2 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Ref masks,very vague, but what about the poor school children still being muzzled and having their development hindered?? Can they go back to being children again? Where's the clarity??

Yes, Thailand must get the masks off the kids to let them communicate properly and develop.

This cannot come soon enough. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Development hindered?

That might need clarification.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Typical. I arrive June 30th! 😆

Great news though. Been a long couple of years to get to this point. 

I did the 15 nights quarantine, the one night hotel stays. 

Just grateful it's all over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scarface said:

No.

I have always said that the first thing to be dropped will be outdoor masking. The indoor mask mandate will essentially remain at least until the middle of next month (July 15) when the next meeting is scheduled for. This includes schools.

Essentially what I understand from this is there will no longer be any penalties applied for not wearing a mask, but indoor venues (as well as outdoor venues where lots of people gather, such as concerts etc.) will have the discretion to decide whether a face mask still needs to be worn. In the majority of cases, the answer is yes.

Basically when it comes to small mom and pop stores, especially those in the suburbs or deep out in the countryside, unless the owners are Branch Covidians, you can probably get away with not wearing a mask to enter such premises. Outdoor restaurants - at your discretion but probably no need either. National parks, beaches, parks = no need.

Malls, schools, universities, offices, factories, government offices, supermarkets, hardware stores, airports, public transport etc. will all continue to require masks at least for one more month or until the emergency decree is repealed (although under disease control laws mask wearing could continue to be required regardless).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rc1 said:

Yes, Thailand must get the masks off the kids to let them communicate properly and develop.

This cannot come soon enough. 

Given parents are the ones who want their children to remain masked with hardly any Thai parents speaking out about this, don't expect this will change anytime soon.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Development hindered?

What do you need clarified?

Humans communicate  via their faces , covering them up is not conducive to communicating. There's no question masking children is hindering their development and learning.

It prevents them recognizing faces and emotions , learning language is more difficult without seeing syllables made out from mouths, more difficult to learn to read.

Then there's the emotions / psychology, they don't see as many smiles at school etc.

Without a doubt, it is not good for children to be masked at school

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Typical. I arrive June 30th! 😆

Great news though. Been a long couple of years to get to this point. 

I did the 15 nights quarantine, the one night hotel stays. 

Just grateful it's all over. 

It's not that great a news. Vaccination or testing proof still required, at least until August.

Not great news if you're not a fan of experimental vaccinations or having your nose poked. Good to see the insurance being scrapped though.

For me this means no chance of leaving Thailand and coming back after a short trip in July, as I don't want to come back until I am able to walk in with just a passport. Thus I'm now waiting to see what the entry requirements will look like in August.

I hope that all masking is scrapped soon, but supposing Thailand were completely open in August, even if masks are still required indoors at the time, it won't deter me in the sense that I would simply bring along snacks to eat in the car and drive to Laos as quickly as possible only stopping for fuel and to go to the toilet along the way, but avoiding going inside any venue so I don't have to put on a mask.

I would then walk through immigration and customs maskless (because they're outside anyway), drive across the bridge into Laos and not have to worry about masking anymore, because in Laos, barely half the population still wears a mask, even indoors. It's not enforced anymore.

Only Thailand continues with this charade.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

Given parents are the ones who want their children to remain masked with hardly any Thai parents speaking out about this, don't expect this will change anytime soon.

Because they are cruel.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Development hindered?

Dear lord. I have no idea where people like you come from.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rc1 said:

Humans communicate  via their faces , covering them up is not conducive to communicating. There's no question masking children is hindering their development and learning.

It prevents them recognizing faces and emotions , learning language is more difficult without seeing syllables made out from mouths, more difficult to learn to read.

Then there's the emotions / psychology, they don't see as many smiles at school etc.

Well said!

Unfortunately, Thai parents seem to be blissfully unaware of this, as they show off their masked toddlers on Facebook and when they go to kindergarten/school.

Thailand must be the only country in the world to enforce masking on pre-schoolers and kindergartners. Even China and Vietnam never did this.

Thai parents want to continue the masking charade and I've heard stories of Thai parents refusing to allow their toddlers to go to daycare centers where masking isn't enforced.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scarface said:

Because they are cruel.

Indeed! I don't understand how they can be this cruel. No wonder there are so many social problems, often caused by repressed anger in this country. All stems from how brutal and cruel their parents were.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rc1 said:

To put it simply - it's cruel, but these are cruel people.

10 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

If that’s what the parents want it’s their right isn’t it? Great news about TP and insurance requirement though 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

It's not that great a news. Vaccination or testing proof still required, at least until August.

Not great news if you're not a fan of experimental vaccinations or having your nose poked. Good to see the insurance being scrapped though.

For me this means no chance of leaving Thailand and coming back after a short trip in July, as I don't want to come back until I am able to walk in with just a passport. Thus I'm now waiting to see what the entry requirements will look like in August.

I hope that all masking is scrapped soon, but supposing Thailand were completely open in August, even if masks are still required indoors at the time, it won't deter me in the sense that I would simply bring along snacks to eat in the car and drive to Laos as quickly as possible only stopping for fuel and to go to the toilet along the way, but avoiding going inside any venue so I don't have to put on a mask.

I would then walk through immigration and customs maskless (because they're outside anyway), drive across the bridge into Laos and not have to worry about masking anymore, because in Laos, barely half the population still wears a mask, even indoors. It's not enforced anymore.

Not great news for you is what you meant there. You're in a very small minority..😆

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

Indeed! I don't understand how they can be this cruel. No wonder there are so many social problems, often caused by repressed anger in this country. All stems from how brutal and cruel their parents were.

Yes because everyone is the same aren’t they? Doh!

7 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

Yep, this country is simply a disgrace!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

If that’s what the parents want it’s their right isn’t it? Great news about TP and insurance requirement though 

Blimey, what an apologist! What about the children's rights? Don't tell me, in your mind they don't have any?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, Jet was on the money in today's GMT.

I gotta say, as an old fart myself, I find Tim  to be a bit out of touch.

He does good op-eds, but I find him out of place with Jet, Natalie, and Jay.

But, I wish him well as he moves on.

Edited by Zorba_the_Geek

1 minute ago, Zorba_the_Geek said:

So, Jet was on the money in today's GMT.

I gotta say, as an old fart myself, I find Tim  to be a bit out of touch.

He does good op-eds, but I find him out of place with Jet, Natalie, and Jay to be honest.

I wish him well as he moves on.

I think he's (Tim) absolutely shocking to be honest, so agree.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DonnoAus said:

To quote Life of Brian: "There's no pleasing some people" 

Oh here we go, so we are all meant to be oh so grateful. Laughable.

Edited by Scarface

11 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Dear lord. I have no idea where people like you come from.

I am quite certain that you don't.

No mention of they intend to carry on with the 60 day COVID extension visa program beyond 25 July. Inferring that 25 July will indeed be the last day for such extensions.