News Forum - Thailand Pass, Bars, Masks: The Thaiger’s predictions for tomorrow’s CCSA meeting

Thaiger

Tomorrow, Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, will meet to discuss the fate of Thailand Pass, “zones,” closing times of entertainment venues, mask-wearing and temperature checks. Keep a close eye on the Thaiger tomorrow to see if our predictions are correct… Thailand Pass Currently, non-Thai travellers entering Thailand are required to obtain a Thailand Pass QR code prior to arriving in the kingdom. Travellers must upload evidence of Covid-19 insurance covering at least US$10,000 and their vaccination history onto the Thailand Pass website. Unvaccinated travellers must instead upload proof of a negative RT-PCR or Professional ATK result taken […]

The story Thailand Pass, Bars, Masks: The Thaiger’s predictions for tomorrow’s CCSA meeting as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul recently said that Thailand’s indoor and outdoor mask “requirement” is actually a “social recommendation” and not a law. Meaning, not wearing a mask has never been a punishable offence, despite the government previously warning the public that not wearing a mask could land you a fine. To our knowledge, no one has ever been fined for not wearing a face mask in Thailand.

Amazing how some have short memories...

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-pm-fined-6000-baht-for-not-wearing-face-mask-during-cabinet-meeting

Back then a year ago, it was obviously a political manipulation to "force" Thai people to wear the mask. It seems it worked.

Yes, I hope TheThaiger is correct and I have got the feeling it will. Enough of this now!

3 hours ago, Gchan said:

If TP goes does that mean insurance goes as well? 🙏🙏

Not necessarily. They might keep the insurance demand and have the airlines check the insurance policies prior to boarding.

I hope that the Thaigers predictions are correct!

However, we are in the early stage of the traditional low season.

My view is that they may still play wait and see, knowing high season is several months away and have a slow gradual build up to it.

However, they have on the other hand got to send out the right signals soon, so airlines, air traffic, etc, etc, can gear up accordingly. Not to mention, those who would be coming, will be planning their trips now, so they can book time off from work etc.

I really, really hope that the Thaiger predictions are on the money. We all need a break from this nonsense. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LuckyStrike said:

If insurance is needed they should sell it upon entry to Thailand. One stop shopping.

I TAT travel insurance? .. a nice little earner🤑

Whatever they do today, it's time for the masks to come off.

End the fear and paranoia, start living normally again. Nothing will do more for the nations confidence and overall wellbeing than the masks coming off. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rc1 said:

Whatever they do today, it's time for the masks to come off.

End the fear and paranoia, start living normally again. Nothing will do more for the nations confidence and overall wellbeing than the masks coming off. 

I totally agree. Mask wearing has caused so much unnecessary fear and anxiety and in some cases, especially at the beginning back in late March/April/May 2020, even tensions between locals and foreigners, which didn't exist prior to Covid, all because of brainwashing related to mask wearing. Thailand is a Covidiot's paradise, like California on steroids.

This needs to end now.

Unfortunately, and I agree with Tim's predictions here, we're only going to see an end to outdoor mask wearing in some settings at this time. I already knew this late last month and when I saw Phuket's order (which was rescinded) I knew exactly that was what would apply initially, only this time either in these 31 green and blue zone provinces or possibly the entire nation.

It remains to be seen when this new guidance will take effect (perhaps tomorrow?) if so, the earliest we can thus expect the CCSA to address indoor masking will be at the next meeting, which is scheduled for July 15. This means that during the second half of July, there might be some eased indoor mask mandates in some settings. The key word is "might", because I think they will probably try to drag this out for as long as possible and it's not only because it's Thailand, but because it's East Asia.

Until Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam officially scrap indoor masking (even though the first three have ended outdoor mandates, with Cebu in the Philippines also having recently done so), then I see little chance of Thailand following suit. So far, they are showing no signs of doing so anytime soon, but perhaps by around August or September they might.

Thailand will not scrap mask mandates entirely, until the rest of the region have done so, and then there will be a 2-4 month lapse. Therefore, at this stage, I wouldn't be surprised if mask wearing continued to remain mandatory in Thailand until December.

Breaking/Developing: Multiple Thai media has reported that the Thai CCSA has essentially called an end to basically all covid measures except the emergency decree and mask mandates in crowded areas and closed spaces. This includes ending the unpopular Thailand Pass program/insurance, ending zones basically, outdoor mask mandates, temperature checks, restoring nightlife to pre Covid-19 hours, and more. Effective July 1. Developing story. More soon. Press briefing imminent.

https://www.facebook.com/176481829769501/posts/pfbid02fugUNaj9qnVsPwYhf3jx1JA6641DW9r8TTMHRgJEjHd96DqqxfB4HS4efdthyBm8l/