News Forum - Muslim students in southern Thailand protest against decriminalisation of cannabis

Thaiger

3 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Loose lips sink ships. You should know that 😂

You can't admit that you made a mistake. A character flaw if ever there was one. Have you considered a job in politics? The British Conservative party might have a vacancy. 

Edited by dbrenn

2 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Opium isn't processed, so it's OK by your reasoning then? What about deadly nightshade? What about strychnine?

Okay. Firstly I think we can discount the deadly nightshade and the strychnine, (and the uranium too!!WTF!!). People don't take those substances for pleasure, which is what we're talking about here. Likewise botulism, salmonella etc😆😆

Re opium, it has been abused by many over the years, look at the Opium wars in China etc and the problems there, or the opium dens in  London even etc etc. 

But, and I am speaking from experience here, taken in moderation and infrequently, I see no problems with it. 

Much like most things. 

A glass of wine is nice, a bottle a day not so good. 

A little marijuana in the afternoon sometimes can be pleasant. First thing in the morning every day not so. 

Is marijuana the evil weed that turns men into monsters, you're making it out to be. I don't believe so. You think it is, up to you. 

Time will tell what happens in Thailand. But I'm pretty sure that the scourge of cheap meth at $1 a pill is far worse, and will continue to be far worse, for Thailand than a bit of weed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

You can't admit that you made a mistake. A character flaw if ever there was one. Have you considered a job in politics? The British Conservative party might have a vacancy. 

Dude, did you have a humour transplant?

• Haha 2

On 6/21/2022 at 8:32 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

"This is absolute nonsense," said Katherine Newman, interim chancellor at the University of Massachusetts, Boston and the author of a book on school shootings. "There is no link whatsoever between marijuana and extreme violence."

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/sep/04/does-marijuana-lead-violence-experts-say-theres-no/

Define “extreme”. Another biased daft professor harking back to her pot smoking undergrad days 🤣😩

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2022 at 2:07 PM, jerm138 said:

Of course not. Their reference is probably some false-information meme they saw on Facebook. Or they watched “Reefer Madness” and believed it. 
I’m not going to proclaim that it’s 100% harmless, but the idea that it makes people violent is laughable. 
It’s less harmful to the human body than coffee. 

Yeah it’s completely harmless …. In your misinformed disinterested mind🤣Causes heart & breathing abnormalities. Also the mind greatly negatively affected. Just look in wiki to start your educative journey😉😞

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Define “extreme”. Another biased daft professor harking back to her pot smoking undergrad days 🤣😩

Did you miss the bit about school shootings? I think that was where the definition came in  It was 2 lines above the bit about extreme violence!

But who to believe?

On the one hand, chancellor of University of Massachusetts....

On the other hand, "Old Schooler", random bigot on anonymous forum on t'internet

Are you worried for your safety now marijuana is legal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Did you miss the bit about school shootings? I think that was where the definition came in  It was 2 lines above the bit about extreme violence!

But who to believe?

On the one hand, chancellor of University of Massachusetts....

On the other hand, "Old Schooler", random bigot on anonymous forum on t'internet

Are you worried for your safety now marijuana is legal?

Have attached links to studies linking cannabis to violence. It’s not about me or your irrational Ad hominem nonsense.🤣😉😩

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Okay. Firstly I think we can discount the deadly nightshade and the strychnine, (and the uranium too!!WTF!!). People don't take those substances for pleasure, which is what we're talking about here. Likewise botulism, salmonella etc😆😆

Re opium, it has been abused by many over the years, look at the Opium wars in China etc and the problems there, or the opium dens in  London even etc etc. 

But, and I am speaking from experience here, taken in moderation and infrequently, I see no problems with it. 

Much like most things. 

A glass of wine is nice, a bottle a day not so good. 

A little marijuana in the afternoon sometimes can be pleasant. First thing in the morning every day not so. 

Is marijuana the evil weed that turns men into monsters, you're making it out to be. I don't believe so. You think it is, up to you. 

Time will tell what happens in Thailand. But I'm pretty sure that the scourge of cheap meth at $1 a pill is far worse, and will continue to be far worse, for Thailand than a bit of weed. 

Now you've abandoned your argument that naturally produced things must be good things, in favour of a new position of all things in moderation are good things, even opium because it's naturally produced, but not death cap mushrooms, event though they're also naturally produced. 

That's OK, but lots of people can't take drugs in moderation. They escalate usage until their lives, and the lives of those around them, are ruined. It's hard to predict who will fall victim to such destructive behaviour. 

People like you don't have a leg to stand on.

9 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Have attached links to studies linking cannabis to violence. It’s not about me or your irrational Ad hominem nonsense.🤣😉😩

And I previously pointed out a couple of pages ago in reference to those same links, that often mental illness, and abuse of other drugs was more of a factor. 

As I said before, correlation does not equal causation... Especially when someone has been diagnosed as mentally ill from the age of 3, as one of your "case studies" was. 

Did you actually read all the article that you linked to? 😂😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Now you've abandoned your argument that naturally produced things must be good things, in favour of a new position of all things in moderation are good things, even opium because it's naturally produced, but not death cap mushrooms, event though they're also naturally produced. 

That's OK, but lots of people can't take drugs in moderation. They escalate usage until their lives, and the lives of those around them, are ruined. It's hard to predict who will fall victim to such destructive behaviour. 

People like you don't have a leg to stand on.

You are just being deliberately disingenuous aren't you....😆

Rather than throwing deathcap mushrooms, strychnine, uranium, botulism and Allah knows what else in there..(I can't believe you're really this obtuse) let's go back to what you said.

All the above mentioned things occur naturally in nature, yes. We can all agree on that. But people don't go around taking them to get high. Maybe I haven't lived that much but I've never heard anyone say they're going out to have a few uraniums, followed by a bit of deathcap. 

You do see the point right. We're talking about recreational substances. 

You equated heroin, cocaine, marijuana, and opium as all being the same because they all come from nature. I pointed out that heroin and cocaine are processed from a naturally occurring substance. (If people knew all the chemicals that go into the manufacturing of cocaine they're probably never touch it, but that's a side issue) Are you with me so far?

So going back to those naturally occurring things like marijuana, and yes, even opium (that people take for pleasure recreationally, unlike strychnine!), I believe that in moderation they're okay. 

If you don't up to you. 

And yes, many people have substance abuse issues throughout their lifetime. But we're not talking about smoking crack and meth, shooting up heroin etc, 

We're talking about Thailand decriminalising marijuana.

Are you scared?

Will you be leaving Thailand because of the coming wave of violence due to marijuana usage?

59 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

And I previously pointed out a couple of pages ago in reference to those same links, that often mental illness, and abuse of other drugs was more of a factor. 

As I said before, correlation does not equal causation... Especially when someone has been diagnosed as mentally ill from the age of 3, as one of your "case studies" was. 

Did you actually read all the article that you linked to? 😂😂

Read what I need to. times up here. 😉👍

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Read what I need to. times up here. 😉👍

I think you did a quick Google search, read the title, thought that will do, and here we are now...

So will you be leaving Thailand due to the oncoming wave of violence due to marijuana use?

Or is you well 'ard? And your special forces training will protect you?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I think you did a quick Google search, read the title, thought that will do, and here we are now...

So will you be leaving Thailand due to the oncoming wave of violence due to marijuana use?

Or is you well 'ard? And your special forces training will protect you?

Since you ask. I Don’t knowingly associate with actual or potential criminals. So I don’t encounter Thai males much nor the range of idiot or uninspiring farangs. So any weak- minded “potheads” are well away 😠

Never found any pot smoker to be worth a damn. Weak, Cowardly, “ liberal” 🤣non- physical vegan types ain’t my thing. 🤣

7 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Never found any pot smoker to be worth a damn. Weak, Cowardly, “ liberal” 🤣non- physical vegan types ain’t my thing.

Earlier, you tried to convince us that pot-smokers are dangerous, violent criminals. 🤣

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Since you ask. I Don’t knowingly associate with actual or potential criminals. So I don’t encounter Thai males much nor the range of idiot or uninspiring farangs. So any weak- minded “potheads” are well away 😠

Never found any pot smoker to be worth a damn. Weak, Cowardly, “ liberal” 🤣non- physical vegan types ain’t my thing. 🤣

I didn't ask who you hung around with. 

I asked if you'd be leaving Thailand because of the oncoming wave of violence due to marijuana use. 

Will this be the same weak, cowardly, non-physical pot smokers you just mentioned causing all this violence?

Err... . Hang on a minute.....🤔

Yes. You just answered yourself!! 😂😂🤗👍💓

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, astro said:

Earlier, you tried to convince us that pot-smokers are dangerous, violent criminals. 🤣

I know....Think Oldfooler has been on the sherry this afternoon......😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I asked if you'd be leaving Thailand because of the oncoming wave of violence due to marijuana use. 

Will this be the same weak, cowardly, non-physical pot smokers you just mentioned causing all this violence?

Points missed are(1) I am always absent from violence potential here 😉& (2) violence is by the pot smoking non- vegans😉👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I know....Think Oldfooler has been on the sherry this afternoon......😂😂😂

Said ( some) violence linked to pot ( links provided). 

3 hours ago, astro said:

Some are,  some aren’t. Don’t care. 😎

3 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

The more I write clear plain English the more you choose to elaborate with you own mocking childish imaginings. You may go now, dismissed😎🙃

4 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

The more I write clear plain English the more you choose to elaborate with you own mocking childish imaginings. You may go now, dismissed😎🙃

But the problem with your clear plain English is that you clearly contradict yourself. 

In one post the evil devil's weed turns people into violent criminals....

...... And yet in another these same people are weak, non-physical etc etc

So which is it?

I didn't just imagine your posts did I? (If only that were true)

35 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Said ( some) violence linked to pot ( links provided). 

Some are,  some aren’t. Don’t care. 😎

Links already debunked earlier...🤗🤗🤗

Shocking News:

Yes, violent people, mentally ill or unstable folks may also consume Cannabis!

That doesn' "prove" that Cannabis causes violence, mental illness or psychological instability.

Did I miss something? I thought Thailand is about to legalize canabis with less than 0.2% THC? Or are they legalizing everything, including the 20% types? If it is only the 0.2% type, well...

Dashboards of high-end German cars are made out of hemp fibre. Muslim countries are full of those cars. Will they start burning those cars?

And what if someone finds out that freshly baked bread contains 0.5% alcohol. Or that one of the proteins used to ease the baking of bread is made out of pigs hairs. Better not tell your local mullah.

3 hours ago, Janneman said:

Did I miss something?  

Yes... you didn't comprehend the written text... the .2% only applies to extracts used in edibles et al... there is no limit on the THC of the plant itself.