News Forum - Muslim students in southern Thailand protest against decriminalisation of cannabis

Thaiger

Students, teachers, and the board of Santiwit Songkla Technological College, in the southern province of Songkla, have condemned the government’s decision to decriminalise cannabis in Thailand. The college yesterday called upon all MPs, especially Muslims, and relevant agencies, who supported the bill to decriminalise cannabis on June 9, to reconsider their decision and think about the future effects the drug will have on Thai people. A student representative read out a declaration against the cannabis law, launched by the Private Schools Confederation Association of Southern Thailand, which demanded 5 steps: 1) MPs should consider their opinions and decisions on cannabis […]

The story Muslim students in southern Thailand protest against decriminalisation of cannabis as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Cabra said:

No more dangerous to your health that smoking a hookah. All this selective outrage is comical 🤣

But smoking a hookah is dangerous.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Maybe there believe is not that strong that they never use it i not use it but i dont care if somebody else will up to them once again proof of how tolerant this religion is why they not protest against the killing in the south  

• Like 1

A certain religion protests about just about everything, they are intolerant of anything outside of their narrow view of life

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Smiler said:

A certain religion protests about just about everything, they are intolerant of anything outside of their narrow view of life

I know, they're just like expats moaning about everything hey? 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

I dont think anyone is stating that smoking a hookah doesnt have its medical ailments, the point is that the risks are the same so the protest is selective and therefore without merit.  If they were protesting all smoking then it would be consistent and therefore be taken more seriously by those with apposing views.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrNovax said:

I dont think anyone is stating that smoking a hookah doesnt have its medical ailments, the point is that the risks are the same so the protest is selective and therefore without merit.  If they were protesting all smoking then it would be consistent and therefore be taken more seriously by those with apposing views.  

The poster I replied to stated just that and this thread is not about all smoking. 

I cannot be bothered anymore with arguing with people who defend smoking cannabis to the hilt, do what you like, I don't care, just don't expect me to agree with you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prosaap said:

Maybe there believe is not that strong that they never use it i not use it but i dont care if somebody else will up to them once again proof of how tolerant this religion is why they not protest against the killing in the south  

Is there a proposal to legalise the killing in the south that needs to be protested? 🤪

But not against the large scale production of opium and heroin by Muslims in Afghanistan? It is not just Muslims, but Christians and Hindus (increasingly these days) ) that insist that everyone else should live by their particular set of rules.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Smoking cannabis will still be illegal under the new laws, it is not the students but one of our members here who brought smoking into it.

Think ganja tea, BBQ chicken cannabis etc.

2 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

But not against the large scale production of opium and heroin by Muslims in Afghanistan?

Would a protest letter to Thai MPs have a chance to stop it? 😜

19 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

The poster I replied to stated just that and this thread is not about all smoking. 

I cannot be bothered anymore with arguing with people who defend smoking cannabis to the hilt, do what you like, I don't care, just don't expect me to agree with you. 

This thread is not about any kind of smoking, looks like you missed the point again.

41 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I get what you mean about the drug!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpish said:

But not against the large scale production of opium and heroin by extremely poor people with no prospects in Afghanistan? It is not just Muslims, but Christians and Hindus (increasingly these days) ) that insist that everyone else should live by their particular set of rules.

FTFY

• Like 1

The religious busybodies can simply abstain. 

Either embrace the reality that change is constant, or go ahead with your own diminished, narrow, regimented and supremely fearful lives, and leave the rest of us alone!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Screenshot_20220615_152203_com.snapchat.android_edit_392286801092744.thumb.jpg.0acec2fde5b43f536b5bda28bcf89a22.jpg

Wife bought a couple of grams from the market earlier today. I'm all for it. 

Same here :)

20220616_060524.jpg

16 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

My point was these kids are being encouraged to protest ganja yet their parents/Muslim adult friends smoke hookah regularly, without their protest (I've share hookah with Muslims in the UAE and elsewhere). Both can do harm if abused, no doubt. I just find the selective outrage and hypocrisy of the groups protesting amusing. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cabra said:

My point was these kids are being encouraged to protest ganja yet their parents/Muslim adult friends smoke hookah regularly, without their protest (I've share hookah with Muslims in the UAE and elsewhere). Both can do harm if abused, no doubt. I just find the selective outrage and hypocrisy of the groups protesting amusing. 

Fair point Cabra, but you didn't make that clear on your post I replied to I'm sure you'll agree.↙️↘️

"No more dangerous to your health that smoking a hookah. All this selective outrage is comical"

41 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Fair point Cabra, but you didn't make that clear on your post I replied to I'm sure you'll agree.↙️↘️

"No more dangerous to your health that smoking a hookah. All this selective outrage is comical"

Agreed. My point was not clear, initially. That's on me. 

1 hour ago, Cabra said:

You don't get high from smoking hookah though. That's the point isn't it. It's only tobacco in a hookah.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

You don't get high from smoking hookah though. That's the point isn't it. It's only tobacco in a hookah.

Sometimes. Shisha is certainly not weed. But it does part a punch if your are not use to it. Most of the Muslims I know use their hookah to smoke weed too. To each his own. If the kids want to protest. Fine. But maybe they should look around at what's actually happening around them and protest something that's really hurting their community. 

• Like 1