The list of high/medium/low risk countries for travelling to Thailand now

Thaiger

Update: Under the “Phuket Sandbox” and “Samui Plus” travel models, travellers not only need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to be eligible to enter Thailand under the schemes, but they also need to be travelling from countries classified by Thailand’s Department of Disease Control as a low to medium risk for Covid-19. The DDC posts a new list on the 1st and 16th of every month. The information is mostly in Thai. Click HERE to go to the DDC website. Here is a list of countries classified by low, medium and high risk by Thailand’s DDC… For more information on how […]

The post The list of high/medium/low risk countries for travelling to Thailand now appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Two comments for this bit of news ….

1. As Thailand is in the red list, does that mean that no local tourism and service providers from the mainland is allowed to enter Phuket? 
2. As the Sandbox starts on 1 July, and the High/Medium/Low risk country list is updated on the 1st and 16th of each month, there is a chance that someone flies out of their yellow listed country and arrives in Phuket in time for their country to be listed red. Who is responsible for the refusal to enter Phuket and deportation return flight home. I’m sure insurance won’t cover any costs for this.

50 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Two comments for this bit of news ….

1. As Thailand is in the red list, does that mean that no local tourism and service providers from the mainland is allowed to enter Phuket? 
2. As the Sandbox starts on 1 July, and the High/Medium/Low risk country list is updated on the 1st and 16th of each month, there is a chance that someone flies out of their yellow listed country and arrives in Phuket in time for their country to be listed red. Who is responsible for the refusal to enter Phuket and deportation return flight home. I’m sure insurance won’t cover any costs for this.

Yep, it's all ifs and what-ifs, as per usual and your Q1 is the killer!

Hello, AdvocatusDiaboli and a belated welcome to Thaiger Talk . . . your earlier posts came at a pretty hectic time!

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Morning,interesting list.I'm surprised UAE isn't low risk, as Emirates are apparently resuming flights to Phuket from 2nd July..Qatar are already low risk.Wish I could work out the data used for these lists..In the UK, Qatar ,UAE are red,so are a no-go area,hope this changes by October for my flight.While Saudi are Amber..totally mad.

22 minutes ago, beachwalker said:

Morning,interesting list.I'm surprised UAE isn't low risk, as Emirates are apparently resuming flights to Phuket from 2nd July..Qatar are already low risk.Wish I could work out the data used for these lists..In the UK, Qatar ,UAE are red,so are a no-go area,hope this changes by October for my flight.While Saudi are Amber..totally mad.

The UAE is also surprised they aren't low risk.  I do some editing for a UK-based magazine for the Arab community, and no one can understand why the UK has the Emirates ranked as it does. Based on the date that was discussed at the time of the accouncement it seems like an arbitrary decision, rather than one based on fact.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

This list is complete bullocks.

Best example is Tanzania. If Thai authorities believe that Covid is a real threat - I don't by the way - they are obviously completely misinformed.

In Tanzania Covid was besieged by prayers and with the help of God as officially stated by the government. Tanzania has become one of the few countries in the world that does not release COVID-19 infection data, the others being North Korea and Turkmenistan.

Welcome to LALALAND.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 321BOOM said:

This list is complete bullocks.

Best example is Tanzania. If Thai authorities believe that Covid is a real threat - I don't by the way - they are obviously completely misinformed.

In Tanzania Covid was besieged by prayers and with the help of God as officially stated by the government. Tanzania has become one of the few countries in the world that does not release COVID-19 infection data, the others being North Korea and Turkmenistan.

Welcome to LALALAND.

and to expand on 321Booms LaLaLand.

Speaking with journalists Saturday, the director of prevention from Tanzania’s Heath Ministry, Leonard Subi, 

The ministry has begun to see an indication that a third wave of COVID-19 is occurring, Subi said, citing monitoring reports carried out by the ministry as well as interaction between Tanzanians and other nations. 

In April 2020, Tanzania stopped publishing COVID-19 data as then-president John Magufuli declared God had eliminated the infection. Soon after Magufuli’s death in March 2021, new president Samia Hassan started a change in handling COVID infections, including admitting its presence. Now the country is waiting for vaccines. 

Also North Korea and Turkmenistan are not on the List. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So any potential tourist has at a maximum 15 days to book their flight and arrive at Thailand (as low or medium can change to high).  Talking about vaccinated tourists here, all this staying in SHA, 15 day Phuket requirement, multiple tests, COE, not to mention the burden of wearing a face diaper in the Thailand heat.  Sounds like a great time to visit!

• Angry 1

This list seems really strange. I can only wonder how those who put this list together, determined High, Medium and Low. It should be determined by a consideration of current covid numbers in each individual country on the list. Are cases on the rise and how quickly or falling and how quickly? What variant is predominant in each country? How is each country controlling outbreaks? Thailand should also be comparing it's own situation right now, relative to other countries. Thailand is no longer in the fortunate position of having no community transmission as it once had. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

This list seems really strange. I can only wonder how those who put this list together, determined High, Medium and Low. It should be determined by a consideration of current covid numbers in each individual country on the list. Are cases on the rise and how quickly or falling and how quickly? What variant is predominant in each country? How is each country controlling outbreaks? Thailand should also be comparing it's own situation right now, relative to other countries. Thailand is no longer in the fortunate position of having no community transmission as it once had. 

For those confused how the list is made up …… here is how it is done.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/uploads/ckeditor2//files/ประเทศเสี่ยง รอบ 16 มิย 64.pdf

Google Translate does help. A new PDF may be out come 1 July. Of note part of where your list position comes down to is made up by number of tests carried out, and we all know that is not a strong suit of the Thai Govt. 

• Like 2

Since they have put Thailand in the high risk  ountries does this mean that all in other area's of Thailand are going to excluded from entering Phuket until they go down to low risk? 

23 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Update: Under the “Phuket Sandbox” and “Samui Plus” travel models, travellers not only need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to be eligible to enter Thailand under the schemes, but they also need to be travelling from countries classified by Thailand’s Department of Disease Control as a low to medium risk for Covid-19. The DDC posts a new list on the 1st and 16th of every month. The information is mostly in Thai. Click HERE to go to the DDC website. Here is a list of countries classified by low, medium and high risk by Thailand’s DDC… For more information on how […]

The post The list of high/medium/low risk countries for travelling to Thailand now appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

52 minutes ago, William_Bright said:

Since they have put Thailand in the high risk  ountries does this mean that all in other area's of Thailand are going to excluded from entering Phuket until they go down to low risk? 

Sorry . . . if this Thaiger News report on the revised DDC risk list doesn't give you answers, please watch for further updates until Monday, maybe.

Hello William_Bright and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

So weird. Lfe in The Netherlands is almost completly back to normal but Dutch people cannot even come via the sandbox. Thailand listed the country as red for some reason.

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, LivinginTH said:

Thailand listed the country as red for some reason.

Thailand does most things a little differently.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TwistedKiwi said:

I can't decide whether Thailand being on its own list of ''High Risk'' countries is a typo

Typo? . . . No, just Thai officialdom carelessness . . . 'Mai pen rai!'

Hello, TwistedKiwi and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

Hi - What happens if the country you live in is not listed in any of the three categories? I am Irish living in Bermuda! Was hoping to get back this year but no idea what would happen at border control if don't recognise Bermuda. Mae Pen rai...will go anyways - Thanks

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KapBKK said:

Hi - What happens if the country you live in is not listed in any of the three categories? I am Irish living in Bermuda! Was hoping to get back this year but no idea what would happen at border control if don't recognise Bermuda. Mae Pen rai...will go anyways - Thanks

I don’t think it matters with those at the border …. If the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Bermuda issues you a COE then your good to go. When/If they issue the Phuket Sandbox law in the Thai Gazette maybe fire an enquiry to the Embassy ….. that’s your best bet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KapBKK said:

The Skyscanner site gives the entry and leaving directives. Just enter Bermuda in the window and Bob's your uncle, or at least he was a minute ago! . . . https://www.skyscanner.ie/travel-restrictions/thailand/29475320

Hello, KapBKK and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton 

• Like 1