Anutin says health system won’t collapse despite shortages

Thaiger

After senior doctors said the Covid-19 outbreak situation was critical and suggesting a one-week lockdown in Bangkok, Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul reassured people that the health system will not collapse. With a rise in new Covid-19 infections, available hospital beds are getting scarce and there are shortages of medical staff, despite the reassurances of Anutin. Anutin scolded those worrying about shortages that they should not use the word “collapse” when discussing Thailand’s public health system. He asks they instead work together to improve the situation and suggests the possibility of mobilising all national health personnel […]

The post Anutin says health system won’t collapse despite shortages appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What they should do is mandate asymptomatic covid + patients a 14 day minimum at the hospital, especially in ICU beds in order to keep them away from the population.  

9 hours ago, kmc said:

. . . asymptomatic covid + patients a 14 day minimum at the hospital, especially in ICU . . .

Asymptomatic, i.e. no symptoms, and in ICU . . . why, when such action would be bound to worsen the already dire shortage of hospital beds? I don't get that at all!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, kmc said:

What they should do is mandate asymptomatic covid + patients a 14 day minimum at the hospital, especially in ICU beds in order to keep them away from the population.  

I'm not sure hospitalizing asymptomatic patients is necessary or appropriate. It's an abuse of a scarce resource and should be assessed by skilled health care workers. As for ICU patients, they are in ICU due to the severity of their condition and you cannot place a time limit on their intensive therapeutic regimen.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Asymptomatic, i.e. no symptoms, and in ICU . . . why, when such action would be bound to worsen the already dire shortage of hospital beds? I don't get that at all!

Isn't that what they were doing??!?!?!?!  Sarcasm people.  Its like me saying they should mandate wearing masks outside while riding their motorbikes (oh wait...they have). Insanity.

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

you lost me on "Anutin says..."

Careful what you say about a-nut-in a jam . . . he can't help being a billionaire brainstorm.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Careful what you say about a-nut-in a jam . . . he can't help being a billionaire brainstorm.

could you be more specific, i don't want to be a trouble

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TJM said:

Any plans to transport COVID-19 patients out of Bangkok to hospitals in less affected provinces ?

Any plans to transport A-NUT-IN out of Thailand? He could go live with the Red Bull heir :)

12 minutes ago, ozvenision said:

Any plans to transport A-NUT-IN out of Thailand? He could go live with the Red Bull heir :)

Oy, you, A-NUT-IN was my joke, yesterday . . . and I'd nicked it from KaptainRob! Good, though, init!

• Haha 1