News Forum - Nightlife closing times, revised mask requirements and more land border re-openings

Thaiger

Thailand’s Covid taskforce are meeting this week to consider three proposals made from around various Ministries and industry stakeholders. It’s going to be a pivotal week for the CCSA. Announcements are expected by this Friday. One of them is to remove the requirement to wear face masks in public, although it is widely considered that, even if this concession is made, masks will still be required in some circumstances where crowds gather. Another proposal is to allow Thailand’s entertainment venues to close at 2am, instead of the official closing time of midnight. A spokesperson has said that the CCSA will […]

The story Nightlife closing times, revised mask requirements and more land border re-openings as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Now I'm saying in my head all week:

Please don't protest now, please don't protest now, please don't protest now, please don't protest now. 

You'll see that when the time that more freedom will come aproaches, there suddenly will be protests because they apparently can't just wait a moment. Then whoever is in charge of the rules is butthurt and cancels the lifting of the restrictions. 

Why is The Thaiger throwing out the same 'news' stories?? A meeting this week, yea we know, it's on Friday, you've told us a dozen times already. How many more times will you tell us before then? 3? 4?

• Like 3

Covid cases are on the decline before many when contracting the disease do not report it and because people are wearing masks out in public.

• Haha 1

Will be interesting to see if there are any changes to the entry requirements for those who are either unvaxxed or not boosted.  Lifting the PCR requirement for this group would help tourist numbers significantly I reckon.  

10 hours ago, perceblue said:

Covid cases are on the decline before many when contracting the disease do not report it and because people are wearing masks out in public.

by all means wear your mask... others should have the choice not to... they have been proven to NOT effectively stop covid by the way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saunk said:

Will be interesting to see if there are any changes to the entry requirements for those who are either unvaxxed or not boosted.  Lifting the PCR requirement for this group would help tourist numbers significantly I reckon.  

Really when vaccination rates are over 70% in most countries?

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

13A95691-6817-4ABC-AFAE-C9BE946230D9.jpeg

Edited by Stevejm

5 hours ago, Saunk said:

Given that developed nations have about 75% full vaccination rates, that change would, at best, increase fractionally. And given that the vast majority of those in developed nations not vaccinated are children, elderly and rural poor (ie, not likely to travel to Thailand), that margin shrinks even further.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Scarface said:

Why is The Thaiger throwing out the same 'news' stories?? A meeting this week, yea we know, it's on Friday, you've told us a dozen times already. How many more times will you tell us before then? 3? 4?

It’s a way to generate traffic. It got you to post didn’t it?🤔

11 hours ago, perceblue said:

Some countries like UK don’t even count the cases anymore although not surprisingly the case numbers dropped dramatically when they ended free testing. However UK has also determined that over 90% of the population have antibodies either as a result of vaccination or having had the virus and recovered

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/antibodies

BE7C8280-5A69-4D20-9AF3-2CD9DED7C0AE.png

14 hours ago, Saunk said:

There will NOT be any changes for those who are unboosted as Thailand does not intend to go backwards and require a booster (unlike Malaysia, which imposes this requirement on some individuals).

The public health ministry had set out to scrap all entry requirements by July 1, meaning no more testing or vaccination certificates.

However, at the moment there are mixed signals about this, but Anutin in a Thai language broadcast yesterday did state that the Thailand Pass is likely to be scrapped very soon, suggesting it will be terminated by July 1.

23 hours ago, Scarface said:

It's annoying isn't it. Every day it's a different story. Every news outlet seems to agree that the Thailand Pass will probably be scrapped, but to "spice things up" this is the first one I've read recently which suggests it might not be.

Make up your mind Thaiger.

Anyway, the meeting is on Friday and until then, anything mentioned is speculation only.

9 hours ago, Skip said:

by all means wear your mask... others should have the choice not to... they have been proven to NOT effectively stop covid by the way.

Nothing has been proven to 'stop' Covid, even vaccinations - it's all about limitations. 

Yet still after everyone on this planet has lived with this for over 2 years, people still don't get it. Bizzarre

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevejm said:

It’s a way to generate traffic. It got you to post didn’t it?🤔

Not wrong - but website owners should be aware of the boredom factor 🤭

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Yet still after everyone on this planet has lived with this for over 2 years, people still don't get it. Bizzarre

About 6m people didn’t live with it. They died because of it or with Covid being a factor in their death

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Not wrong - but website owners should be aware of the boredom factor 🤭

It still got us to post about it so mission accomplished😄. As long as relaxation of restrictions are being discussed news outlets will report it.

2 hours ago, Highlandman said:

Make up your mind Thaiger.

Anyway, the meeting is on Friday and until then, anything mentioned is speculation only.

They can’t make up their mind because they don’t know. Speculation generates traffic and traffic generates ad revenue . That’s the reality 

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

About 6m people didn’t live with it. They died because of it or with Covid being a factor in their death

Yep agreed - I think a wire got crossed - I was pertaining to someone else saying masks didn't STOP covid so are a waste of time which of course couldn't miss the point by a wider margin if they tried.

For sure they're getting a bit tiresome but do I spend more than 2 nanoseconds stressing about it ? nah.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

They can’t make up their mind because they don’t know. Speculation generates traffic and traffic generates ad revenue . That’s the reality 

Threatening to go well off topic - ads are a fascination - in lets say 20-30 years I've never clicked on a link (ad) that is trying to entice me to a barge holiday in the Norfolk Broads whilst a resident of Thailand or any other ad completely irrelevant to me (which is all of them)

I also remember a few years back there were 2 electrical retailers in the UK called Currys and Dixons who were in fierce competition - everytime someone clicked on lets say the Currys link, Currys would have to pay 1p to that site owner, so Dixons staff would spend hours constantly clicking the Currys ad with no intention of buying just to waste their money !😄

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Stevejm said:

Masks don’t stop Covid but they have been proven to help reduce transmission

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2021/09/surgical-masks-covid-19.html

For every story like this one, there is a story that states exactly the opposite... so it's more so who you believe rather than what is the real truth... manipulation happens by both sides of the spectrum