News Forum - More than 3,000 ‘cannabis convicts’ to be released from Thai prison tomorrow

Thaiger

Tomorrow, 3,071 prisoners locked up for cannabis-related drug crimes will be released from prisons all over Thailand. Thailand’s Justice Minister Somsak Thepsuthin ordered the Department of Corrections to release the prisoners tomorrow, June 9, when cannabis will be delisted as a Category 5 narcotic. Currently, there are 4,075 inmates in Thailand convicted of marijuana-related offences. A total of 3,071 of which, who were convicted of marijuana-related offences alone, will be released tomorrow. The remaining 1,004 were convicted of marijuana-related offences and other crimes, and while they will not be released tomorrow, their sentences will be amended accordingly, said Somsak. Anyone […]

The story More than 3,000 ‘cannabis convicts’ to be released from Thai prison tomorrow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow Thailand is doing something that makes sense. Releasing prisoners of the crime that is now legal, the US should follow that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MichaelT said:

Wow Thailand is doing something that makes sense. Releasing prisoners of the crime that is now legal, the US should follow that.

Go wash your mouth out with soap, the 'HOLY' Trinity of FBI, CIA and Homeland would never allow it. 

• Like 1

Any good sites with tips on growing outdoors in Bangkok? It seems like the humidity would cause bud rot every time.

14 minutes ago, jerm138 said:

Any good sites with tips on growing outdoors in Bangkok? It seems like the humidity would cause bud rot every time.

My son has been growing outdoors for a while, not in Bangkok but further south. Not had any issues with budrot. The only major issue was the big snails when the plants are young. They love the leaves!

Does it also mean that any motorist who was fined for driving over 90kph before the speed limit was raised to 120, will get their money back?

Half-way through this article, I thought surely it was a Thaiger gag that would end with, "Just Kidding! 5555!"  

Imagine poor old Prayuth just spat coffee all over his keyboard, yelling madly to his Aide to get that bleepity bleep Justice Minister on the phone ASAP!  Last week it was canceling public mask wearing, and now this!  I don't know guys, but sounds like a few of Uncle P's underlings might be hitting the old water bong themselves.  🤣

Had you told me at Christmas 2019 that we'd all be wearing masks into the Tesco in 2022, and that weed would be decriminalized in Thailand, I would have laughed, "Ha ha, right!  Good one, mate!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2