News Forum - Pattaya woman allegedly runs off with boyfriend’s belongings

Thaiger

Poor bloke, probably had the same thing happen to him by a court in his home country. Twice bitten, ouch.🙂

PS, yes, I only read the headline👍

• Like 1

Stuff like this happen manny time this say more about the thai then peter you can call him naive but that not make it right they never have enough have no moral are ungrateful dishonest and its almost in there gene to lie sure the defenders will comment on this but that not make it less true  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, JMJM said:

Most people never learn at all.

If you have a car accident, do your insurance rates go down because you've learned your lesson and you'll be a more careful driver?  No, your rates go up, because the fact that you've had an accident indicates that you're the type of person who has accidents, and are more likely to have another accident in the future than someone who's never had an accident.

Ditto for this guy.  He's demonstrated that he's a schlemiel and is likely to make the same mistake again.  

Odd analogy... Comparing operating machinery to managing relationships... But, if he doesn't learn and keeps "crashing" he may very well be suffer from insanity...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. - Albert Einstein

12 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

the lesson is repeated until its learned

i went to school with a guy who did this and the girl took his car!

is why i drive a 95 honda dream

And the lesson was learned. Hope this guy is an capable of learning as you. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ThaiEyes said:

What did they say in Forest Gump? Stupid is as stupid does…

This popped in my head literally just as i scrolled and saw your post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Cabra said:

Some people only learn the hard way. Take the lesson and move on. 

Sometimes a person wants something so badly they ignore all the warning signs. Or they simply accept the negatives and focus on the positives. I call it "tactical ignorance".

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Prosaap said:

Stuff like this happen manny time this say more about the thai then peter you can call him naive but that not make it right they never have enough have no moral are ungrateful dishonest and its almost in there gene to lie sure the defenders will comment on this but that not make it less true  

Of the 30,000,000 odd thai females how many do you know? 

Can you name a country where this crime is unlikely to have happened?

Have you heard of commas?

This story of an extremely low level crime is tiring clickbait for the haters and you've predictably jumped straight in - come on Thaiger you can do better than this! People who claim it's in a nations genes (all 70m presumably) to lie. Is that really the audience you're after ? 

• Like 3

What a surprise his paid for girlfriend used his place to take other paying clients for a bit then made off with all his stuff. It never ceases to amaze me how anyone can be so stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Prosaap said:

I would not tell it about ALL Thai people, I am pretty sure that the majority of Thai people are quite decent.

The problem is that guys like 'Peter' deal with the most disgraceful kind of women in Thailand: with prostitutes. I seriously doubt that prostitutes can be trusted in any country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Cabra said:

And the lesson was learned. Hope this guy is an capable of learning as you. 

with tourists back in CM im reminded watching them of all the scams I had to go thru...

is like levels----we all have to walk thru the fire----ladyboys--tuk tuks--bargirls--money scams etc....

• Like 3

It is so funny to read, he imagined a scenario where a bar girl from Isaan not wanting him only for his money.

It seems to me the only two qualifications needed to live in Pattaya is to have some money and be also dim.

It would be even funnier if it turns out she had shacked up with another farang in the flat and had been charging him rent and the 'other costs' on top. 🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

with tourists back in CM im reminded watching them of all the scams I had to go thru...

is like levels----we all have to walk thru the fire----ladyboys--tuk tuks--bargirls--money scams etc....

Only the dim ones have to go though all of that, the rest of us can see the seedier side of Thailand for what it is and we don't spend our lives in that world, not all of Thailand is about bargirls, ladyboys etc. 

If you live that way it does not mean the rest of us do.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, PapayaBokBok said:

the lesson is repeated until its learned

i went to school with a guy who did this and the girl took his car!

is why i drive a 95 honda dream

How can anyone take your car?

When you sell it you have to physically be at the car registration office (whatever it is called) when the name is being transferred after a sale for example. 

My can in Phuket is in my name even though I have no residents visa.

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

When you sell it you have to physically be at the car registration office (whatever it is called) when the name is being transferred after a sale for example. 

Not with motorcycles. I assume cars are the same. Sign the relevant forms and get the dealer to do it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

sidenote i see James R has something to say..too bad i blocked him.....(sheds a single tear)

1 hour ago, PapayaBokBok said:

sidenote i see James R has something to say..too bad i blocked him.....(sheds a single tear)

Thank god for that, you should have done it months ago. 😀

• Like 1

I would say that he made a poor judgment call.

But it is easy to see how this happens.

Asian girls look so sweet and innocent and most have at least one sad story about previous difficulties in their life, and hope that you are the knight in shining armour that is going to save them and live happily ever after.

One rare occasions this may work out but unfortunately most times as this gentleman found out a bad outcome usually follows. 

21 hours ago, Mazz11 said:

I would say that he made a poor judgment call.

But it is easy to see how this happens.

Asian girls look so sweet and innocent and most have at least one sad story about previous difficulties in their life, and hope that you are the knight in shining armour that is going to save them and live happily ever after.

One rare occasions this may work out but unfortunately most times as this gentleman found out a bad outcome usually follows. 

"Asian girls look so sweet and innocent and most have at least one sad story about previous difficulties in their life....."

That is a bit of a generalisation to say about 3 billion Asians.

Part of Russia is in Europe so can we say "Most Europeans are so aggressive and have recently invaded the Ukraine in their difficult lives". 😃

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

"Asian girls look so sweet and innocent and most have at least one sad story about previous difficulties in their life....."

That is a bit of a generalisation to say about 3 billion Asians.

Part of Russia is in Europe so can we say "Most Europeans are so aggressive and have recently invaded the Ukraine in their difficult lives". 😃

Maybe I should have been more specific so I will rephrase my comment. 

'In my travels throughout four countries in South East Asia over the last 11 years I have met several South East Asian girls who look so sweet and innocent and most have.......etc, etc.

For the record, I am in a long term relationship with a Thai girl (not a bar girl) who I love dearly and she also has her fair share of sad stories.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mazz11 said:

Maybe I should have been more specific so I will rephrase my comment. 

'In my travels throughout four countries in South East Asia over the last 11 years I have met several South East Asian girls who look so sweet and innocent and most have.......etc, etc.

For the record, I am in a long term relationship with a Thai girl (not a bar girl) who I love dearly and she also has her fair share of sad stories.

I have been travelling through Asia for 35 years and I also have known many Asians in the Uk since I was a kid. Many have good stories and many not so good. Many look sweet and some do not.

They are no different to the rest of us and do not have a monopoly on sad stories. 

Many are rich and happy. Many are not. 

They do not follow a stereotype as you are wishing to portray them. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 3:14 AM, JamesR said:

How can anyone take your car?

My can in Phuket is in my name even though I have no residents visa.

Na, a copy of your Passports first page, plus a signature  is enough!

Question is:

Did they transfer the ownership? Or just take bike and book?

In case, they did transfer, did 'Peter" have not had only book and keys in the safe, but also the one or the other copy of the front page of the passport? ;-) I know that lots of people have copies at hand, in case they need some!