News Forum - Don’t forget Bangkok’s first real Pride parade tomorrow

Thaiger

Incase you’ve forgotten, Bangkok will hold its first real Pride parade tomorrow (Sunday), Bangkok Naruemit Pride, in honour of Thailand’s LGBT+ community. The parade is set to start at 4pm at Maha Uma Devi Temple, a Hindu temple sometimes called ‘Wat Khaek’ or ‘South Asian temple’ in Thai slang. The temple is located on Pan Road and Silom Road. There will then be an after party at Mischa Cheap bar on Khao San Road at 9pm, open to people 20 years old and older. Tickets to the after party can be bought at the LINE ID @bangkokpride. While Bangkok’s LGBT+ […]

The story Don’t forget Bangkok’s first real Pride parade tomorrow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

They should have started at the freedom monument or whatever it is called then go by the government house and the grand palace 😂

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder, in all honesty I had forgotten, but I still should have enough time to iron my pink tights and push-em-up-bra and then it PARTEE TIME. 🌈👯‍♀️🎇

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Anyone watched the latest Netflix Ricky Jervais special?

He is obviously not a fan but is very funny.

Yes.  It had me in stiches.  He is just brilliant and doesn't give a monkeys what he says, a bit like Jimmy Carr. They are just jokes people.  Long may there be people like that to entertain us and prick the bubbles of the pompous generation. . 

• Like 4

Good for them. As for traveling to go see their parade = nope! If I happened to be in the place at the time of it going on, I would take a look but keep a wide girth berth of the lady boys and a heavy hand on my goods and wallet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

LGBT+ community

Douglas Murray, a well known gay social commentator, maintains that there's no such thing as this or that "community". 

Makes a lot of sense. Most gays I know are completely ordinary people who integrate into the "general public community", go to the pub with non-gay mates, and don't feel that they need to make an exhibition of their sexuality. What they do in their private lives is just that: private. 

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1

The author of this article is out of date and will likely cause gross offence to this or that "community" that the article has excluded. These days it's LGBTIQCAPGNGFNBA+. Feel free to throw in some more letters of the alphabet, just in case we've missed anyone. 

https://hablr.com/what-does-lgbtiqcapgngfnba-stand-for/

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dbrenn said:

The author of this article is out of date and will likely cause gross offence to this or that "community"

Correct. The article is written by a person who simply has no idea how gay people in a modern and developed world go about their day to day life. I don’t wish to be offensive to the author, who’s intentions are no doubt well meaning. However, this article is a little like the one a few days ago “10 things foreigners find strange about Thailand”. The word which best describes it is -Ignorant. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Incase you’ve forgotten, Bangkok will hold its first real Pride parade tomorrow

What !!!   ….. The ruling Thai Government is holding a parade !!! In celebration of them as a Government ?

• Haha 1