Jump to content

Why is "Pattaya the Sex Capital of Thailand"?


Thaidup
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have heard this numerous times on the Youtube channel.

Tim has said this several times, (or maybe once) (that I can prove) so me being a curious cat, I was thinking (not a good idea while drinking Leo) Why is Pattaya considered a sex tourism destination? Im sure that this type of activity is easier to find in BKK and more be available. My personal opinion is that the beaches attract more tourists than people seeking sex, and it just happens to be that the district accommodates them. Phuket has a similar aroma of being an easy place to find young women in a beer bar but a little more expensive to travel to for those types of services.👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Compared to Bangkok, it's more obvious in Pattaya, and there are a higher concentration of sex workers relative to total population. 

Pattaya is a one dimensional place, whereas Bangkok is clearly not. 

People who live in Pattaya love to tell you what else there is to do there apart from bars and hookers etc, but my question would always be, if you want to do other things, why would you do them in Pattaya, when there are clearly other far better places in Thailand to do other things. 

It also, and this is only my opinion, seems to attract the worst kinds of Thais and Foreigners. Definitely does not get the Best of the West....😆😆

Each to their own though. For those that like it there, enjoy your time. .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I might offer a slightly different angle on that Dirty, By higher concentration, a smaller area by whatever but 1/10 the size of BKK, just by this observation, one can conclude that BKK has up to 10 times more of the activity going on, Just spread out a bit more than in Pattaya or Phuket.👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

I might offer a slightly different angle on that Dirty, By higher concentration, a smaller area by whatever but 1/10 the size of BKK, just by this observation, one can conclude that BKK has up to 10 times more of the activity going on, Just spread out a bit more than in Pattaya or Phuket.👍

I would say spread out a lot more..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pattaya was a fishing village until the 1960s. Tourism began during the Vietnam War, when American servicemen began arriving on R&R (rest and relaxation). One large group who arrived from a base in Korat on 29 June 1959 and rented houses from Phraya Sunthorn at the south end of the beach, on what is now known as the "Strip", are credited with recommending Pattaya, whose fame spread by word of mouth

 

This resulted in Pattaya attracting the title of 'sex capital'.

 

Obviously, sex was not invented in Pattaya and Thai ladies have been servicing the needs of their male countrymen for centuries. The invasion of tourists took it to another level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you've ever been to Pattaya you know the heart of the city is basically a giant strip of gogos, bars, massage places etc.  Honestly I've never understood the attraction for spending much time there.  If red light districts are your thing, Bangkok has several of them, AND everything else Bangkok has to offer.  I don't get why guys bother spending a month or longer at what is essentially a giant Soi Cowboy, when you could just stay in Bangkok and have access to everything all the time; great food, great culture, sights, better travel access, and yes red light districts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pgsanta said:

If you've ever been to Pattaya you know the heart of the city is basically a giant strip of gogos, bars, massage places etc.  Honestly I've never understood the attraction for spending much time there.  If red light districts are your thing, Bangkok has several of them, AND everything else Bangkok has to offer.  I don't get why guys bother spending a month or longer at what is essentially a giant Soi Cowboy, when you could just stay in Bangkok and have access to everything all the time; great food, great culture, sights, better travel access, and yes red light districts.

The so called Red Light Districts in Pattaya are relatively small and confined to areas like  LK Metro, parts of adjoining soi's and soi 6/7, maybe a bit on Walking Streep, a few bars elsewhere .  Hamburg s area is far bigger, as are those in many other locations around the world.  Pattaya's reputation now, post covid, is greatly exaggerated.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

The so called Red Light Districts in Pattaya are relatively small and confined to areas like  LK Metro, parts of adjoining soi's and soi 6/7, maybe a bit on Walking Streep, a few bars elsewhere .  Hamburg s area is far bigger, as are those in many other locations around the world.  Pattaya's reputation now, post covid, is greatly exaggerated.  

 

 

The Darkside?

 

Naklua?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

The Darkside?

Naklua?

yes, a few, but its hardly the den of iniquity that the Daily Mail, et al, would have you believe, especially post covid. Okay, its not the world class resort that it has ambitions to be, too many other negatives for that, hoards of  Chinese, other less desirable tourists, traffic congestion, filthy sea water, poor beach, scams a plenty,  but its certainly not the sex capital of this whole world. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

yes, a few, but its hardly the den of iniquity that the Daily Mail, et al, would have you believe, especially post covid. Okay, its not the world class resort that it has ambitions to be, too many other negatives for that, hoards of  Chinese, other less desirable tourists, traffic congestion, filthy sea water, poor beach, scams a plenty,  but its certainly not the sex capital of this whole world. 

I am not a widely traveled sex tourist, but I am not aware of anywhere that has such an open, and accessible, sex trade as Pattaya.

I can't immediately think of anywhere that would attract the 'Sex capital' badge more than Pattaya.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, pgsanta said:

If you've ever been to Pattaya you know the heart of the city is basically a giant strip of gogos, bars, massage places etc.  Honestly I've never understood the attraction for spending much time there.  If red light districts are your thing, Bangkok has several of them, AND everything else Bangkok has to offer.  I don't get why guys bother spending a month or longer at what is essentially a giant Soi Cowboy, when you could just stay in Bangkok and have access to everything all the time; great food, great culture, sights, better travel access, and yes red light districts.

Ocean air, its sets the senses into a primeval state ! It does for me anyway!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Chaimai said:

I am not a widely traveled sex tourist, but I am not aware of anywhere that has such an open, and accessible, sex trade as Pattaya.

I can't immediately think of anywhere that would attract the 'Sex capital' badge more than Pattaya.

I can think of several, all of Haiti, Dominican Republic,  Cities in Columbia, Panama, I could go on.  Prime among such locations is Angeles City in the PI, plus Subic Bay itself. Pattaya is a baby in comparison. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice to see the Pattaya sexperts are out in full force today....

😆😆😆

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I can think of several, all of Haiti, Dominican Republic,  Cities in Columbia, Panama, I could go on.  Prime among such locations is Angeles City in the PI, plus Subic Bay itself. Pattaya is a baby in comparison. 

 

As I said, my experience is not as broad as some......... but the topic is "sex capital of Thailand" so the above comments are redundant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chaimai said:

As I said, my experience is not as broad as some......... but the topic is "sex capital of Thailand" so the above comments are redundant.

Well I am glad that I was able to educate you. Sorry that I upset and distressed you. That my friend is sarcasm.  I was dealing in comparisons. How do you measure it?  Number of bars, which type?  How many hookers, online or in bars? How does anyone know? How many sex tourists, how do you know? Its all a redundant subject.  You have to have a base line to be able to judge anything. Pattaya is no more the sex capital of Thailand than Chang Mai is the capital of street food. CM is not and neither is Pattaya a capital of anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Well I am glad that I was able to educate you. Sorry that I upset and distressed you. That my friend is sarcasm.  I was dealing in comparisons. How do you measure it?  Number of bars, which type?  How many hookers, online or in bars? How does anyone know? How many sex tourists, how do you know? Its all a redundant subject.  You have to have a base line to be able to judge anything. Pattaya is no more the sex capital of Thailand than Chang Mai is the capital of street food. CM is not and neither is Pattaya a capital of anything. 

 

 

I don't feel educated, but at least you have learned that the topic is about Pattaya and Thailand.

 

I would say you measure it by instinct  -  plus I have had far more shags in Pattaya than any other place in Thailand😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chaimai said:

I have had far more shags in Pattaya than any other place in Thailand😉

Good for you, but hardly difficult now is it. I have had more shags in Lossiemouth in Scotland than anywhere else in the World , so what, that place is not the sex capital of the UK  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Good for you, but hardly difficult now is it. I have had more shags in Lossiemouth in Scotland than anywhere else in the World , so what, that place is not the sex capital of the UK  

Did you pay for them?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2022 at 10:36 PM, Thaidup said:

My personal opinion is that the beaches attract more tourists than people seeking sex

Don't forget the temples!

Single men flock to Pattaya for the beach and the temples. 🤣

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

Did you pay for them?

i was married and lived there 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2022 at 3:05 PM, Pinetree said:

I can think of several, all of Haiti, Dominican Republic,  Cities in Columbia, Panama, I could go on.  Prime among such locations is Angeles City in the PI, plus Subic Bay itself. Pattaya is a baby in comparison. 

Probably right in an odd way. I just don't see travelors as married and or having kids as a family, or boyfriend and girlfriend saying lets take a trip to Angeles in the PI for our vacation. Pattaya has a lot of other things going for it that makes it a destination for all. It really used to be the sodom and gomarrah by the sea, but it also had just a wild west of the east by the sea appeal close to Bangkok for an easy sea run. Now it is even really more toned down if you stay away from the certain sois and walking street.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2022 at 3:05 PM, Pinetree said:

I can think of several, all of Haiti, Dominican Republic,  Cities in Columbia, Panama, I could go on.  Prime among such locations is Angeles City in the PI, plus Subic Bay itself. Pattaya is a baby in comparison. 

I heard that a number of bars in Subic have been demolished, is the place still going strong.? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I heard that a number of bars in Subic have been demolished, is the place still going strong.? 

as far as I know, yes 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2022 at 5:51 AM, pgsanta said:

If you've ever been to Pattaya you know the heart of the city is basically a giant strip of gogos, bars, massage places etc.  Honestly I've never understood the attraction for spending much time there.  If red light districts are your thing, Bangkok has several of them, AND everything else Bangkok has to offer.  I don't get why guys bother spending a month or longer at what is essentially a giant Soi Cowboy, when you could just stay in Bangkok and have access to everything all the time; great food, great culture, sights, better travel access, and yes red light districts.

Broadly inaccurate. If you have ever actually been to Pattaya you saw exactly what you wanted to see and no more. 

To answer both the OP and pgsanta Pattaya is a lot cheaper than Bangkok. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Broadly inaccurate. If you have ever actually been to Pattaya you saw exactly what you wanted to see and no more. 

To answer both the OP and pgsanta Pattaya is a lot cheaper than Bangkok. 

I mean this has got to be a joke, no?

 

The whole place has bars and gogo's all over it

To say otherwise is just laughable

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use