TAT announces 1,500 travellers arriving in Phuket July 1

Thaiger

2 hours ago, CoolZephyr said:

Australian tourists won’t be amongst those travellers. Australian Government saying travel restrictions not likely to be lifted till June 2022. Prisoners in our own country. Miss Thailand.

Yup, in the same boat here...

The way Australia is going about it is so incredibly frustrating! Only black/white thinking, botched vaccine rollout, paranoid lockdown people brainwashed into submission by the government assisted by the media still thinking we're in 2020 and have no other solutions... Scotty  has come out again to say that even if everyone was vaccinated, he still wouldn't open up internationally! What's the flippin point of the vaccines then?? He's sabotaging his own vaccine rollout by creating vaccine hesitancy just to he can be a mini wannabe Trump: all that matters is re-election and Australia first. As much as I don't care for Trump, at least he was open about his simplistic views. This guy just hides behind the pandemic to drive his own agenda...

Anyway, sorry for the rant, this should be about Thailand not Oz. So yeah, I miss Thailand too, mak maaak even! And even though I don't know her, I miss Miss Thailand as well @JamesE ?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

19 minutes ago, Jayce said:

Scotty  has come out again to say that even if everyone was vaccinated, he still wouldn't open up internationally! What's the flippin point of the vaccines then??

Do a search on "Israel Delta Variant". The coronavirus looked and saw Israel was the most thoroughly vaccinated place on the planet with Pfizer and Moderna and said: "Hold my beer."

Here in the US we're all opening up and free to go freaking everywhere. You don't want that. This stuff is nasty and apparently getting nastier.

There's this Urban Myth surrounding 70% immune for herd immunity. That's wishful thinking, the real number is more like 85-90%. (I'll spare you the equation...) Now all the vaccine makers are running around with their hair on fire trying to figure out how it's getting past the vaccines.

Hang in there.

Later... Miss Thailand's calling me...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Regarding other Provinces I guarantee you that the vast majority of Thai people in Ubon, Roi Et, Yasothon etc do not want tourists coming until they themselves are vaccinated - and very few of them are vaccinated.  

You mean the other 99% of Thais?

I'd guarantee that too, including even those who rely on tourism for much of their income as many of my neighbours do.

• Like 2

Just heard on Sawasdee Thailand's YT channel that SHABA won't be ready to go live until 26-June and COE application with SHA+ option will be open ("hopefully") on the 28th.

no more than a photocall for the powers that cant be, part of ongoing tradition for the delusional  entitled, the sandbox is a poorly thought out scheme fully vaccinated tourist have to pay a high premium to come for a 2/3 weeks vacation and by the way Thager has 70% of the official resident been fully vaccinated ? beside the 100s of thousand of unregistered thai  living in phuket and exparts ?

40 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Do a search on "Israel Delta Variant". The coronavirus looked and saw Israel was the most thoroughly vaccinated place on the planet with Pfizer and Moderna and said: "Hold my beer."

Here in the US we're all opening up and free to go freaking everywhere. You don't want that. This stuff is nasty and apparently getting nastier.

There's this Urban Myth surrounding 70% immune for herd immunity. That's wishful thinking, the real number is more like 85-90%. (I'll spare you the equation...) Now all the vaccine makers are running around with their hair on fire trying to figure out how it's getting past the vaccines.

Hang in there.

Later... Miss Thailand's calling me...

Well aware of the Delta variant and the fact that Israel is facing an uptick in cases. But even if 30% of those vaccinated are catching it (as is being estimated right now - and even then it's not clear if that's in fully or partially vaccinated people and that is of course a significant difference), it is not looking like it is causing an increase in hospitalisations and certainly not in fatalities so at that point it doesn't matter at all to me.

Also take note that while Israel took a huge head start in Pfizer vaccinations, they are also nowhere near even that Urban Myth 70% mark so that means there is plenty of room for the Delta virus to spread it's proverbial wings.

I'm over all these people staring themselves blind on the number of cases. In a sufficiently vaccinated population, case statistics shouldn't matter in the slightest, only hospitalisation and fatality statistics matter in the same way that nobody accurately tracks or is worried by the amount of flu cases...

• Like 3

I won't be one of them.  Cancelling my trip to Thailand as soon as I finish writing this comment. Too much BS associated with travel to Phuket. Too much stupidity from the Thai ruling junta. I'll take my month long vacation somewhere else. The Maldives are looking good!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, homecoming said:

With all due respect, No one will arrive on July 1 because no one got the required CoE certificate of entry….no publication in the royal gazette so far! My flight is in 4 days!

Yes, you are right, my planned arrival is on the 3rd of July... Also no coe.. It is still not possible to get one. Wish us luck! 

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

Just heard on Sawasdee Thailand's YT channel that SHABA won't be ready to go live until 26-June and COE application with SHA+ option will be open ("hopefully") on the 28th.

Oof if this is true... 

since at the airport at the check-in I have to present PCR tests, insurance, hotel booking, visa (if necessary) and upon arrival the officer checks everything, tell me what the hell is the COE for?? 
with regard to the arrivals of July 1, it is all propaganda because the sandbox program was not approved with the publication in the royal gazette

• Angry 1

Question? where have these 1,500 Tourists come from ?  we all know its just Another spokesman from TAT spreading false information in the hope of a bite. I think they now realize no tourists will be arriving. I presume these 1500 tourists have tickets if so have they booked Hotels? which hotels have July 1st bookings ? what festivals have been organised and by who ?. Id like to see a local News crew filming the arrivals on arrival and interviewing these " Tourists ". As it is a large event happening for Phuket lets see. The only people to arrive will be the Chinese businessmen and there PA's snapping up the cheap Hotels and resorts that are for sale at a knock down price.

• Haha 3

Jump from millions to 1500. Anyway how much of them are returnees to see their family or expats who work for a company in Thailand who changed from the quratine model in BBK to the Sandbox? I guess 90%

• Like 1

Can't resist this either " The Governor and the head of TAT welcomes you to Phuket as they shake your hand after landing in Phuket enjoy out roll out celebration then please go to the pretty girl in her immaculate uniform to have your Tracker fitted,we have laid out a private Limousine from the RTMP to take you and your friends to your Cell " oops " sorry my English not good your Hotel. Please feel fee to use the Drinks Supplied in your room at a small cost because unfortunately no Entertainment Venues are open. Once again from the Governor and the TAT top Cheese we wish you a pleasant holiday and thanking you for choosing Phuket as your Dream Destination now go and have a shower. 

• Haha 3

Lie + joke, not even on Royal Gazerre, how travellers could get their COE from the embassies ? Hope some one can explain the trick ?? 

18 minutes ago, Patnou said:

Lie + joke, not even on Royal Gazerre, how travellers could get their COE from the embassies ? Hope some one can explain the trick ?? 

The Embassies and Consulates are as much in the dark as we are. Though they admit they have heard 'rumours'. 

The Monty Python team are organizing the next sand box.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Guevara said:

The Embassies and Consulates are as much in the dark as we are. Though they admit they have heard 'rumours'. 

The Monty Python team are organizing the next sand box.

I understand that the Ministry of Silly Walks had already loaned some of their staff to TAT and CCSA, but I guess there is always room for more.  I also heard that the PM has been lying in a pond and handing out 'swords' to a chosen few, and is ignoring any comments about that not being a good basis for forming a Government.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gerrunger said:

Yes, you are right, my planned arrival is on the 3rd of July... Also no coe.. It is still not possible to get one. Wish us luck! 

Yes, indeed . . . looks like you'll need more than luck though. Best wishes anyway!

Hello, Gerrunger and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

I really don't understand how any tourism official thinks tourist are going to accept having to wear a mask outside on their vacations. (in addition the all the other BS).  Pure Lunacy.

So as I understand it, you need a COE to enter Phuket ? have the 1500 Tourists who according to the Thai governor and TAT official been given there COE Certificate. embassy's and consular officers have not heare'd any being distributed, so unless these tourists get there skates on soon, as they land in Pookers there going to be turned away. Maybe the governor and TAT have the perfect answer when no 1 books and they cannot be blamed.

Edited by vlad

No bars open!?? I'm sure tourists can't wait to go to a ghost town with no night life. Thailand you don't have the only beach in the world you know.

Well if all those projected tourist numbers arrive, I bet the boys in brown will be out in force to collect the fines for not wearing your mask ….. I’m sure they will scam a pretty baht out of it, as the motorcycle helmet and license one is not bringing in enough money at present.

21 minutes ago, Carona said:

No bars open!?? I'm sure tourists can't wait to go to a ghost town with no night life. Thailand you don't have the only beach in the world you know.

Too true, Carona! And I've now corrected my miss-spelling your name on my 'Hello' post, yesterday . . . sorry for that (:-)

Does anyone have any knowledge of how the 1500 passengers can board their respective flights? Currently, there are no rules yet in place for Thai embassies to process COE applications under the sandbox plan. Just curious as to how this will come together at such a late date.